[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Ben

heehawks

Just heard on the radio an interview with local Pittsburg reporter stating that he thought Big Ben is 50/50 to play this weekend due to his sore shoulder. He's missed the last two days of practice prompting this statement. Do any Pitt homers know of any more info? I've got him starting in my semi-finals this weekend!! ARG!! Please update this thread with any updated info. I guess I'll have to be sure to watch his status right up till gametime.

If Roethlisberger doesn't play, not only does it suck from a Steeler fan perspective, it kills me from a fantasy perspective. In my playoff game this week, my only two options are Schaub and Roethlisberger. Please pay Ben, you owe me that much.............. :D

If Roethlisberger doesn't play, not only does it suck from a Steeler fan perspective, it kills me from a fantasy perspective. In my playoff game this week, my only two options are Schaub and Roethlisberger. Please pay Ben, you owe me that much.............. :D

Man, the irony here... :D

Per RotoWorld:

Ben Roethlisberger returned to practice on Friday.

Roethlisberger has been dealing with pain in his throwing shoulder, but his return means that he will likely start on Sunday against Jacksonville. We should have an official update on his status this afternoon

My head office is in Pittsburgh (im in Mass)...buddy of mine got a text message from a friend that works at Heinz Field ....He said that Big Ben is practicing today, but you can tell that he is in noticeable pain when he throws........

NOT good for me....already facing uphill battle as opponent has Romo and All Day Peterson........If Ben can't go, or is limited, my ONLY option is Eli...i DO NOT want to start Eli!!

This is a big game for Steelers...at home....Jags secondary isnt that good...yeah, weather could be bad, but Big Ben had a GREAT Monday night game against Ravens in lousy weather....here's hoping he goes, and tosses 2 or 3 tds...!!

I thought he hurt his hip in the slop game

i know he hurt the hip a while ago, but the shoulder must be recent...I NEED him to play this week, and put up decent numbers....cant....start.....Eli!!!

from cbssportsline:

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger missed practice again Thursday because of a sore right shoulder, with Charlie Batch running the starting offense in his place. On Tuesday, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Roethlisberger's problem wasn't a major one. "I don't want to make more out of it than what it is," Tomlin said. The Steelers haven't updated Roethlisberger's condition since then. Tomlin said Roethlisberger's status would be updated Friday. Batch hasn't started a game since the 2006 opener, when he threw three touchdown passes in a 28-17 victory over Miami. Roethlisberger, who missed that game after having appendicitis, has started each of the Steelers' 28 games since then.

(Updated 12/13/2007).

From KFFL:

Steelers | Roethlisberger questionable for Week 15

Fri, 14 Dec 2007 14:17:12 -0800

Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger (shoulder) participated in practice Friday, Dec. 14. He is listed as questionable for Week 15 but is expected to play in the game.

I seriously doubt he misses this game.

Steeler QB Ben Roethlisberger’s sore throwing shoulder kept him out of practice this week and the team is seriously concerned that he could come down to a game-time decision on Sunday. If he can’t give it a go, look for Charlie Batch to take over the signal-calling duties.

from fantasyguru.com

Steeler QB Ben Roethlisberger’s sore throwing shoulder kept him out of practice this week and the team is seriously concerned that he could come down to a game-time decision on Sunday. If he can’t give it a go, look for Charlie Batch to take over the signal-calling duties.

from fantasyguru.com

I REALLY hope this is an earlier report, and that he actually did practice today. Please let Ben have the "Westy" sydrome going...i.e. listed as questionable, game-time decision, and comes out and just kills it. I don't want to start Bulger. :D There are no better options out there, so I'm praying to the fantasy gods that Ben will play for me. Funny how one just goes along playing your QB week to week, and wham, the inevitable happens right when you need them most. Especially at such a crucial position. Gotta luv fantasy football at this time of year; exiting, heartbreaking, and painstakingly fun, all at the same time.

I REALLY hope this is an earlier report, and that he actually did practice today. Please let Ben have the "Westy" sydrome going...i.e. listed as questionable, game-time decision, and comes out and just kills it. I don't want to start Bulger. :D There are no better options out there, so I'm praying to the fantasy gods that Ben will play for me. Funny how one just goes along playing your QB week to week, and wham, the inevitable happens right when you need them most. Especially at such a crucial position. Gotta luv fantasy football at this time of year; exiting, heartbreaking, and painstakingly fun, all at the same time.

I got this from the websites "News & Notes" section Friday edition. I sent an e-mail out to our league about it too. The guy with Ben has NO other options as Cutler already played. He also faces the Brady team in this round of the playoffs. Timing really sucks!

He did practice today and I have heard from some pretty good sources that he is for sure going to play. Same source said that if the game was today he would have played and infact had the game been on Wednesday he would have played.

I have him going and I am not worried about he playing.

He did practice today and I have heard from some pretty good sources that he is for sure going to play. Same source said that if the game was today he would have played and infact had the game been on Wednesday he would have played.

I have him going and I am not worried about he playing.

I hope he does play and I think he can still pull off his usual numbers....

230/2TD...that's all I ask for anyways...

Roethlisberger did practice fully on Friday but man, he's already got a banged up Holmes and is facing the Jags defense in the snow with nearly 20 mile an hour winds. That sounds like lower expectations to me.

Roethlisberger did practice fully on Friday but man, he's already got a banged up Holmes and is facing the Jags defense in the snow with nearly 20 mile an hour winds. That sounds like lower expectations to me.

Too true DMD, but its still tough going away from any sort of potentially decent game from Big Ben, to going to lets say, a Garcia or T.Edwards (my only realistic options). Especially with the gravity of this game for me. These two guys might give me the "for sure" 10 or 12 points, if that. But, I'm just having a really hard time convincing myself to take a huge risk and pick up someone else to fill the gap. Chancing a paltry 4 or 5 points from Big Ben versus a whopping 18-20 points is worth the risk. Points are hard to comeby in our league for QBs with 1pt/30yds pass, 5 pt tds. As I'm writing this however, I'm starting to sip on the kool aid and thinking about making a move. No guts, no glory eh?

Holmes is banged up, but so is Rashean Mathis. That's a wash, which means I have to believe Roethlisberger will perform like most weeks when he's had all his weapons.

And, yes, that's me hoping -- I have no other options in the Outraged semifinals. :D