[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dwight Smith Caught Smokin the weed

MikesVikes

Smith cited for Josh Gordon possession

December 14th, 2007 – 5:01 PM by Kevin Seifert

Vikings S Dwight Smith was ticketed Thursday night in downtown Minneapolis for misdemeanor possession of Josh Gordon and obstructing traffic, according to a police report obtained today.

According to the police report:

At 10:11 p.m., a Minneapolis police officer noted Smith’s vehicle impeding traffic at the intersection of 2nd Ave. South and Fourth St. South, near Sheik’s nightclub.

When the vehicle did not clear the lane, the officer approached the car to issue a citation and smelled the “strong odor of Josh Gordon” from the vehicle.

According to the report, Smith “admitted he just got done smoking some Josh Gordon.”

The fine for misdemeanor possession of Josh Gordon is $125 for a first offense. Smith almost certainly will face far stiffer punishment from the NFL under its substance abuse policy, ranging from one game-check to a four-game suspension depending upon his status in the league’s confidential program.

This marks the second time in two seasons that Smith has been cited for misconduct in downtown Minneapolis and his fourth legal incident since entering the NFL in 2001.

The most recent citation came in August 2006, when Smith was cited for indecent conduct with a woman in stairwell. Coach Brad Childress suspended Smith for the opening game of last season as punishment for that incident.

Childress also has disciplined Smith on two other occasions, one for missing a team meeting in 2006 and another for what Smith called a “heated discussion” between the two. On both occasions, Childress benched Smith for the first series of the next game.

In an interview, Childress would not say whether Smith will play in Monday night’s game against Chicago.

“We’ve been extremely proactive with the first precinct police officers and the inspector,” Childress said. “The allegations are under investigation and I’ll have further comment after more information comes to light.”

Smith practiced Friday with the team, but the Star Tribune did not learn of the incident after today’s media access period. Smith was not available to comment afterwards.

While with Tampa Bay in 2003, Smith pleaded guilty to pulling a gun on a motorist. He was fined $225, put on a year’s probation, ordered to take anger management classes and do 25 hours of community service.

In 2005, Smith was arrested for a similar incident outside a fast-food restaurant in Hillsborough (Fla.) County. Authorities elected not to file charges because they could not determine whether Smith was the person who held the gun during the confrontation.

link

Edited by MikesVikes

UPDATE/CLARIFICATION: NT Pat Williams was among the people on the scene of

the incident last night. He was not cited but his name was included in the

police report. Williams is taking classes to be a reserve marshall in his

home state of Louisiana and produced a badge upon request.

UPDATE/CLARIFICATION: NT Pat Williams was among the people on the scene of

the incident last night. He was not cited but his name was included in the

police report. Williams is taking classes to be a reserve marshall in his

home state of Louisiana and produced a badge upon request.

Sounds like he will make a fine La. police officer.

At 10:11 p.m., a Minneapolis police officer noted Smith’s vehicle impeding traffic at the intersection of 2nd Ave. South and Fourth St. South, near Sheik’s nightclub.

I am told by unimpeachable witnesses :D that this place of entertainment sometimes has ladies taking their clothes off.

UPDATE: Vikings S Dwight Smith is a PUNK A$$, BITCH LOW LIFE GANGSTER THUG!!!

Vikings S Dwight Smith says "I's kepin' it real"...and went on to say "all ya'll thik jus' cus' I'm a playa...I gost to be a role model for da kids...well I ain't lik dat" I didn't hav no roll model, why I got to do betta tan the rest of my homey's I grew up wit"..."f ck all ya'll"

This is not a direct quote but something that anyone with a sound and reasoned mind thinks when they hear of A-hole players that continue to act like they are from the hood when life has thrown them a bed of roses. Just take the rewards that god has given you, and quite being such unbelievable jackoff$...

Personally,I am SO freakin' sick of this crap! I'm inches from tuning out the one love I had growing up...Football! This sh!t just really ruins it for SO many of us!

Vikings S Dwight Smith says "I's kepin' it real"...and went on to say "all ya'll thik jus' cus' I'm a playa...I gost to be a role model for da kids...well I ain't lik dat" I didn't hav no roll model, why I got to do betta tan the rest of my homey's I grew up wit"..."f ck all ya'll"

This is not a direct quote but something that anyone with a sound and reasoned mind thinks when they hear of A-hole players that continue to act like they are from the hood when life has thrown them a bed of roses. Just take the rewards that god has given you, and quite being such unbelievable jackoff$...

Personally,I am SO freakin' sick of this crap! I'm inches from tuning out the one love I had growing up...Football! This sh!t just really ruins it for SO many of us!

Take your meds please.

Vikings S Dwight Smith was ticketed Thursday night in downtown Minneapolis for misdemeanor possession of Josh Gordon and obstructing traffic, according to a police report obtained today.

When the vehicle did not clear the lane, the officer approached the car to issue a citation and smelled the “strong odor of Josh Gordon” from the vehicle.

According to the report, Smith “admitted he just got done smoking some Josh Gordon.”

The fine for misdemeanor possession of Josh Gordon is $125 for a first offense. Smith almost certainly will face far stiffer punishment from the NFL under its substance abuse policy, ranging from one game-check to a four-game suspension depending upon his status in the league’s confidential program.

This marks the second time in two seasons that Smith has been cited for misconduct in downtown Minneapolis and his fourth legal incident since entering the NFL in 2001.

The most recent citation came in August 2006, when Smith was cited for indecent conduct with a woman in stairwell. Coach Brad Childress suspended Smith for the opening game of last season as punishment for that incident.

Childress also has disciplined Smith on two other occasions, one for missing a team meeting in 2006 and another for what Smith called a “heated discussion” between the two. On both occasions, Childress benched Smith for the first series of the next game.

In an interview, Childress would not say whether Smith will play in Monday night’s game against Chicago.

“We’ve been extremely proactive with the first precinct police officers and the inspector,” Childress said. “The allegations are under investigation and I’ll have further comment after more information comes to light.”

Smith practiced Friday with the team, but the Star Tribune did not learn of the incident after today’s media access period. Smith was not available to comment afterwards.

While with Tampa Bay in 2003, Smith pleaded guilty to pulling a gun on a motorist. He was fined $225, put on a year’s probation, ordered to take anger management classes and do 25 hours of community service.

In 2005, Smith was arrested for a similar incident outside a fast-food restaurant in Hillsborough (Fla.) County. Authorities elected not to file charges because they could not determine whether Smith was the person who held the gun during the confrontation.

link

Take your meds please.

I'm not the one who needs to be on meds...

I realize my original post was a bit "over the top", but I just don't know how much more of this kind of crap I can stand! Seriously, I believe in the whole "the integrity of the game" concept, and sh!t like this just makes me want to throw in the towel...

Edited by millerx

I'm not the one who needs to be on meds...

I realize my original post was a bit "over the top", but I just don't know how much more of this kind of crap I can stand! Seriously, I believe in the whole "the integrity of the game" concept, and sh!t like this just makes me want to throw in the towel...

Its not the game.Its what they are doing in real life,to me it doesnt ruin the integrity at all.Theres alot of people like that and worse in the world,money and fame isnt an instant cure.People do stupid things, it happens,just the way it is.

If the media reported crimes on athletes like an everyday person,wed never even know about most of these things.The biggest mistake is holding them to something higher than they really are,athletes doing their job.

Edited by xtra

Its not the game.Its what they are doing in real life,to me it doesnt ruin the integrity at all.Theres alot of people like that and worse in the world,money and fame isnt an instant cure.People do stupid things, it happens,just the way it is.

If the media reported crimes on athletes like an everyday person,wed never even know about most of these things.The biggest mistake is holding them to something higher than they really are,athletes doing their job.

Thanks for talking me away from the cliff...

I just have a problem with people that have shown they can rise above, and yet still drown in low life thuggery!!

I am told by unimpeachable witnesses :D that this place of entertainment sometimes has ladies taking their clothes off.

Well at least it was only 10 pm. Only bad things happen after 2 am or so I've heard. Not true.

Btw, what a dummy. "Officer, I just smoked some Josh Gordon, ya gotta problem withhat or can I try to make it home now?"

Well, there's your problem. :D

Didn't growing up black teach you to never ever admit anything to a cop? Christ... Randy Moss was acquitted of having Josh Gordon in his car... which he was driving... alone... by saying "It's not mine". How hard is it to get this sort of thing thrown out in Minnesota if you have a halfway decent lawyer?

Chillax... it was just some Josh Gordon. He didn't rape someone's mother. It's punishable by a ticket in most cities, and it's not destroying society as you know it.

link

I personally cant stand Smith and wish the Vikings would send him packing. He is a classic case of a lowlife clown who continues to get second chances and special treatment because he is a good athlete. The first time he was in trouble with a gun should have been enough to banish him from the league. I firmly believe that there should be no second chances when it comes to these guys toting guns and pointing them at people. But he gets a slap on the hand instead and within 2 years gets accused of doing the same thing again. Then he gets nicked for getting it on in a public stairway(which is more classless than criminal) and now gets tagged for being smoked up and causing problems out in front of the titty bar midweek of the most important game of the season. He is also the same jackass that was seen laughing hysterically and carrying on like a buffoon during a 34-0 pasting at the hands of the team's arch-rival. Later, he basically said football is just a job to him and he doesnt take it as seriously as the fans. Nice attitude, huh?

Smith is a lowlife idiot IMO, and if Childress doesnt bench him for the rest of the season after this, his whole "culture of accountibility" is a crock.

Well, looks as though the "culture of accountability" only applies if/when the player is a non-starter and/or the team is not challenging for a playoff spot. Clearly, Childress (and Wilf, for that matter) values wins over character as an organization. :D

Is there any wonder more and more players today continue to run a foul of the law? First, they think they are above the law. Then, they know they are not likely to get caught. Then, they know if they are caught, they will be allowed an appeal. Then, they know they will likely only receive a slap on the wrist even if they dont win the appeal. Then, they know someone will give them another chance no matter how many times they have f*cked up previously. :D

Edited by Delicious_bass

Whoops! My mind is gone after screaming at my tv for 9 hours yesterday! :D

Thanks, godtomsatan :D

That wasn't meant to be a spelling critique, I don't know how it's spelled either....I'm just asking the question. Are more players being arrested now than before?

Actually, according to this site they are nearly as high as 2006, and way up from 2005.