[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

westbrook...what the hell?

buddahj

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the best plays of the year.

I was playing against Westy but it didn't matter since I was up 40.

was another play (probably Westy) but could have been Portis (?) where the defense gave him a walk-in so they could get the ball back. It PO'ed me b/c I was playing against him at the time.

Well hats off Westy is one of the best football players IMO

that was in the Philly vs Wash game this year...westy later said in an interview had he realized it he would have went down at the one...luckily the birds still won that game and westy remembered and did the unselfish thing to give the birds the win :D

Wow! that was an amazing play. That play is going to be talked about for very,very long time. I can already see it now... everytime a player makes an unselfish team orientated move like that it will for now on be refered to as doing a " Westy"

You are allowed one mistake, however unlikely it may be to botch the snap, by kneeling out the clock.

You allow yourself a series of colossal meltdowns against an offense you controlled the first 58 minutes of the game if you run it in to go up by 11.

Never turn down the opportunity to score points. :D:wacko::D

:D When was the last time a snap was mishandled on a kneeldown and recovered by the defense? You've gone right out of your gourd mate.

no shat... you'd have to walk in those shoes to realize how much that sucked in the FF world. I watched it, and though I don't have Westbrook on any team, I could feel some pain somewhere of someone who lost because of that play... he just stopped :D . It was smart football... just bad FF football... still sucks :D

Yes, I don't look at that as a 'real' FF points Dal was giving him a walk-in.

I'd feel sorry for people who lost because of that if Westy had scored.

It'd be like when Favre gave Strahan the season sack record which (I think) was very tainted by this and I still don't view Strahan as having the record.

that was in the Philly vs Wash game this year...westy later said in an interview had he realized it he would have went down at the one...luckily the birds still won that game and westy remembered and did the unselfish thing to give the birds the win :D

good memery

Westy has had a lot of garbage points this year. I was watching this play live and I said that's a very classy thing to do and puts him above the TO/Chad etc of the world,

Moss/Brady would have wanted to score if they are up 5 TDs just to pad their stats (I think)

Edited by rai

When I saw Westbrook start to turn around at about the 2 I thought he was going to do a little showboating. The announcers were surprised and even Andy Reid looked surprised. Smart play...but the first thing I thought was "how many teams did he just knock out of the playoffs?" Most players can't correctly add together the numbers on their spamshirts but Westbrook knew how much time his team could run off the clock...brilliant.

Most painful loss I have every had. Cost me a run at the championship. Yes it was a smart football play though. I am more mad at Brady coming up with zero, but he did get me to the semi's so what can you do....

These are the stories that I feel will come out today more and more. That's tough KC. I'm not sure if you were watching the game, but if you were you must of been slack jaw as Westy took a seat at the 1.

When I saw Westbrook start to turn around at about the 2 I thought he was going to do a little showboating. The announcers were surprised and even Andy Reid looked surprised. Smart play...but the first thing I thought was "how many teams did he just knock out of the playoffs?" Most players can't correctly add together the numbers on their spamshirts but Westbrook knew how much time his team could run off the clock...brilliant.

westy is claiming that runyan told him to go down @ the 1.

westy is claiming that runyan told him to go down @ the 1.

+1 ....Runyan told Westbrook in the huddle on 1st down that anyone who gets another first down to just kneel, rather than score....Westy will get all the credit, but it was Big John who was the brainchild.

Everyone is talking about the FF points Westbrook cost his owners....what is going unmentioned is the garbage yards/receptions/points the Dallas offense may have put up on the ensuing drive. I won my playoff games to make the Super Bowl in my homer league, but by just a hair....I sure could have used another Barber catch or two to give me some breathing room. I am sure there are Romo/TO/Witten/Barber owners that feel the same way.

what is going unmentioned is the garbage yards/receptions/points the Dallas offense may have put up on the ensuing drive. I won my playoff games to make the Super Bowl in my homer league, but by just a hair....I sure could have used another Barber catch or two to give me some breathing room. I am sure there are Romo/TO/Witten/Barber owners that feel the same way.

I was playing against Romo and Witten and I was estatic when Westbrook went down because I had really feared that Romo would get a TD on the next drive.

These are the stories that I feel will come out today more and more. That's tough KC. I'm not sure if you were watching the game, but if you were you must of been slack jaw as Westy took a seat at the 1.

I watched the game. I jumped off the couch when he started the run and I was sprinting across the field trying to give him the lead blocks, when he cleared the last defender I got ready to leap into the end zone in my family room and start my end zone celebration that signified my advancement to the Superbowl and just then he stopped at the one yard line. I crumbled in fetal position and nearly started to cry. Truly heart wrenching. I lost by five points but would have won by one.

+1 ....Runyan told Westbrook in the huddle on 1st down that anyone who gets another first down to just kneel, rather than score....Westy will get all the credit, but it was Big John who was the brainchild.

Everyone is talking about the FF points Westbrook cost his owners....what is going unmentioned is the garbage yards/receptions/points the Dallas offense may have put up on the ensuing drive. I won my playoff games to make the Super Bowl in my homer league, but by just a hair....I sure could have used another Barber catch or two to give me some breathing room. I am sure there are Romo/TO/Witten/Barber owners that feel the same way.

I heard the same thing on Mike and Mike this morning. Westbrook said that Runyan told him in the huddle to get down instead of scoring. Then, when Westbrook broke free on the play he said he looked back and saw 6'8" Runyan yelling for him to get down. Westbrook did what Mr. Runyan said.

Most painful loss I have every had. Cost me a run at the championship. Yes it was a smart football play though. I am more mad at Brady coming up with zero, but he did get me to the semi's so what can you do....

I just love that avi this morning. (Three minutes later.) Thanks, now I feel better.

True..I desperately needed some garbage Romo points. I knew in the 3rd Q Dallas was done as far as the game goes. I just felt Philly had their number yesterday eventhough the score was close.