[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

More pressure on Dallas

Randall

Green Bay had a shot at Dallas and failed miserably with Favre in the game. The laugh is on Packer fans, if they think they have a snow balls chance against Dallas if they meet again. But IMO they wont. GB has played nothing but patsies since the Dallas beat down, and when they have to play a decent team for a change, they will lose in their first playoff game.

Besides, why is there more pressure on Dallas. They have the tiebreaker. And they have already trashed Gb once. Do you think Dallas fears the Pack and Brett Favre :D Get real, Dallas only hopes it these 2 for the right to play in the Bowl.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the important thing to take away from the defeat Dallas gave us is this:

1) Dallas played poorly in the 2nd half of that game and barely squeaked it out - with Rodgers at the helm of the Packers nonetheless

2) Dallas has played poorly in every game since they defeated the Packers (I personally think Romo has Jessica Simpson-on-the-brain)

3) Since the defeat, GB has been playing great football

What does this all mean? GB has learned something from their defeat while Dallas has gone all starry-eyed and Hollywood and have taken their eyes off the prize. I was watching ESPN the other night and Chris Berman AND Tom Jackson both labeled Dallas as pretenders and GB as contenders. While this is purely subjective, it shows that the tide is turning against Dallas (if it hasn't already).

Dallas more suited to play in the cold? It seems you still have the frostbite from the Ice Bowl still lingering on your brain. Besides, they won't have a chance to play in the cold because they will get knocked out in the 1st round of the playoffs. They can lose in the warmth and comfort of their own stadium.

Dallas has a first round bye, they wont lose in the 1st round. But nice try sherlock. werent you the same tool claiming the Boys were going down, then making excuse after excuse until there were no more during that game. Dallas owns Brett Favre. The Packers are soft. Next time Dallas wont play around in the 2nd half leading by 3 scores at halftime. next time it will be 41-14, and that is after Favre is pulled for ineffectiveness.

And Finally, this loss couldnt have come at a better time for Dallas. They clearly have been sleep walking since thrashing GB in the 1st half of that big game. Expect that to change this week.

Dallas and New England in the bowl. Dallas stuns the world 31-28, as Romo leads the boys from behind, hitting Witten for a 17 yard TD with 22 seconds left. :D

Dallas has a first round bye, they wont lose in the 1st round. But nice try sherlock. werent you the same tool claiming the Boys were going down, then making excuse after excuse until there were no more during that game. Dallas owns Brett Favre. The Packers are soft. Next time Dallas wont play around in the 2nd half leading by 3 scores at halftime. next time it will be 41-14, and that is after Favre is pulled for ineffectiveness.

You clearly didn't read my post. Instead of responding with insults, take some time and actually think about what someone has posted. The point of my post was that Dallas IS clearly not playing good football. Whether they beat us down 3 weeks ago is irrelevant at this point. It is what the team is doing NOW that counts. And Dallas is not playing good football NOW. A one game slip-up can happen to anyone, but a sloppy 2nd half against GB and then 2 poor games in a row? You need to step back and look at the larger picture and see the trend. And the trend for Dallas doesn't look good. Sorry, pal. I know the truth hurts.

You clearly didn't read my post. Instead of responding with insults, take some time and actually think about what someone has posted. The point of my post was that Dallas IS clearly not playing good football. Whether they beat us down 3 weeks ago is irrelevant at this point. It is what the team is doing NOW that counts. And Dallas is not playing good football NOW. A one game slip-up can happen to anyone, but a sloppy 2nd half against GB and then 2 poor games in a row? You need to step back and look at the larger picture and see the trend. And the trend for Dallas doesn't look good. Sorry, pal. I know the truth hurts.

He's too afraid to read it. He won't allow the thought of playing in Ice Bowl 2007 to enter his mind. It's like that old TV show "Danger Will Robinson. DANGER!"

All the mouthy Packer and Cowboy fans are going to be a bit dumbfounded if neither team represents the NFC in the superbowl.

:D Thats so true..It could very well happen if Dallas doesnt get out of the funk

Edited by whomper

All the mouthy Packer and Cowboy fans are going to be a bit dumbfounded if neither team represents the NFC in the superbowl.

Especially given the state of the rest of the NFC past these 2 teams. If GB can't win 1 playoff game & get to the conference finals, you'll see me :D

I think most Packers fans(the realistic ones anyway) believe this is a young team that could fall apart fairly easily. Favre and a few vets(plus the defense) are keeping them thinking the right ways but another bad game is certainly possible. The running game and ST are improving.

If they play all their games at Lambeau that will be harder but Seattle almost beat them there a few years back and Atlanta did.

I'm mouthy because so many Dallas fans don't think it's even possible they could lose. They won't even consider it.

Seattle, Tampa, the Giants or Minnesota could win it all. All are pretty tough teams to beat if they play well. Whoever's hot at the right time could take it.

Oh please. We endured the 4th and 26 in Philadelphia. We've been through it all. I'm never "dumbfounded" anymore when Favre is involved.

I think the important thing to take away from the defeat Dallas gave us is this:

1) Dallas played poorly in the 2nd half of that game and barely squeaked it out - with Rodgers at the helm of the Packers nonetheless

2) Dallas has played poorly in every game since they defeated the Packers (I personally think Romo has Jessica Simpson-on-the-brain)

3) Since the defeat, GB has been playing great football

What does this all mean? GB has learned something from their defeat while Dallas has gone all starry-eyed and Hollywood and have taken their eyes off the prize. I was watching ESPN the other night and Chris Berman AND Tom Jackson both labeled Dallas as pretenders and GB as contenders. While this is purely subjective, it shows that the tide is turning against Dallas (if it hasn't already).

Dallas more suited to play in the cold? It seems you still have the frostbite from the Ice Bowl still lingering on your brain. Besides, they won't have a chance to play in the cold because they will get knocked out in the 1st round of the playoffs. They can lose in the warmth and comfort of their own stadium.

Well said. As a Cowboy's fan, these are some of my main concerns. My 11 year old son has been living in a DREAM world thinking Dallas is going to just walk to the Superbowl.

They are going to need to gain more focus and start playing 4 quarters, or they will lose in the playoffs early. The loss last week doesnt worry me as much as the fact they are not getting better.

They may have peaked 6 weeks early.

Actually pal, thats exactly what Im doing. This is the regular season, and they just got their wake up call. And BTW, its the playoffs when it matters, not right now. GB was playing lights out coming into Dallas and we all saw how that turned out.

I think most Packers fans(the realistic ones anyway) believe this is a young team that could fall apart fairly easily. Favre and a few vets(plus the defense) are keeping them thinking the right ways but another bad game is certainly possible. The running game and ST are improving.

If they play all their games at Lambeau that will be harder but Seattle almost beat them there a few years back and Atlanta did.

I'm mouthy because so many Dallas fans don't think it's even possible they could lose. They won't even consider it.

Seattle, Tampa, the Giants or Minnesota could win it all. All are pretty tough teams to beat if they play well. Whoever's hot at the right time could take it.

Who started the post and another one I might add. Packer fans. You dont hear us calling you guys out in posts. Dallas already beat that ass, you guys are just roadkill now.

Actually pal, thats exactly what Im doing. This is the regular season, and they just got their wake up call. And BTW, its the playoffs when it matters, not right now. GB was playing lights out coming into Dallas and we all saw how that turned out.

But they also lost a few key guys (Woodson is kind of important) heading into that matchup. And it does matter.

ANYWAY, I'm not delusional about our chances in the playoffs. How about we watch Romo win his first playoff game first, eh?

But they also lost a few key guys (Woodson is kind of important) heading into that matchup. And it does matter.

ANYWAY, I'm not delusional about our chances in the playoffs. How about we watch Romo win his first playoff game first, eh?

Why is Woodson going to cover TO. No, that will be Al Harris again, and we saw what happened last time. Also Dallas #2 WR Terry Glenn was out that game, so that equals out Woodson. This is Romo's first full season as a starter in the NFL. Is that suppose to be a cutdown on him. What was Favre doing his first season as a starter.

Why is Woodson going to cover TO. No, that will be Al Harris again, and we saw what happened last time. Also Dallas #2 WR Terry Glenn was out that game, so that equals out Woodson. This is Romo's first full season as a starter in the NFL. Is that suppose to be a cutdown on him. What was Favre doing his first season as a starter.

After what happened in the first meeting, why WOULDN'T Woodson cover TO?