[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Dolphins were close to being in the Playoff Hunt

keggerz

The phins were a "few" plays from being 7-7 :D

WK 1: 16-13 loss to WASH in OT

WK 3: 31-28 loss to NYJ

WK 5: 22-19 loss to HOU

WK 8: 13-10 loss to NYG

WK 10:13-10 loss to BUFF

WK 12: 3-0 loss to PITT

6 losses all by 3 points each...just goes to show how a break here and there can really impact a season:

WK1: Miami offense never got a shot but in OT but in regulation they settled for 3 but were oh so close to the TD:

3-5-WAS5 (4:20) T.Green pass short left to M.Booker to WAS 1 for 4 yards (C.Rogers).

4-1-WAS1 (3:40) J.Feely 20 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-J.Denney, Holder-B.Fields.

WK3: Had a chance to recover an onsides kick to go for the win or tie

PENALTY on NYJ-C.Baker, Illegal Bat, 10 yards, enforced at MIA 30 - No Play.

J.Feely kicks onside 7 yards from MIA 40 to MIA 47. C.Baker to MIA 47 for no gain. FUMBLES, touched at MIA 47, recovered by NYJ-E.Smith at MIA 44. E.Smith to MIA 44 for no gain (C.Chambers).

WK5: Took a 57 yarder FG with .06 left to beat the phins

3-4-MIA38 (:06) K.Brown 57 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-B.Pittman, Holder-M.Turk.

WK8: Another botched onside kick attempt from having a chance to tie or win the game.

WK10: The offense had the ball with less then a minute to go in the game but couldnt get into FG range to force OT.

WK12: The mud bowl....wouldnt have surprised anyone to see a player put the ball on the carpet and have it go the other way for a TD with the conditions they were playing in.

I know I am grasping at straws but i honestly do believe that Miami is not as bad as their 1-13 record indicates they are and make no mistake about it that defense took a hugh hit in the games that zach thomas was out.

Edited by keggerz

I see what you are saying but thats also how the NFL works. You've got to execute and you've got to have the ball bounce your way from time to time. If my Saints hadn't blown games against TB and CAR at home they'd be sitting atop the divison at 9-5. But they didn't and now are most likely on the outside looking in. Likewise if Dallas doesn't come up with miracles to beat Buffalo and Detroit they'd be sitting at 10-4 with the Giants breathing down their neck. Instead they found ways to win the games and are comfortably at 12-2 and a first round bye.

I see what you are saying but thats also how the NFL works. You've got to execute and you've got to have the ball bounce your way from time to time. If my Saints hadn't blown games against TB and CAR at home they'd be sitting atop the divison at 9-5. But they didn't and now are most likely on the outside looking in. Likewise if Dallas doesn't come up with miracles to beat Buffalo and Detroit they'd be sitting at 10-4 with the Giants breathing down their neck. Instead they found ways to win the games and are comfortably at 12-2 and a first round bye.

that is really the point that i was trying to make(other then i dont think the phins are as bad as people think too)...it truly is a game of inches...and ANY GIVEN SUNDAY are very true words

Nice point! ....they just need to hold on stronger and work on their finish and they are average with the rest of the league...1-13 ....gawd dayme!

As a Dolphin fan, I can honestly say this team is not as bad as thier record. Injuries up and down this team killed the talent level of this team. They have alot of heart, and in the end, alot of the young players getting experience will help this team.

Not saying they are a playoff team, but hitting rock bottom is what this team has needed for 10 years now. Now they can start rebuilding the defense while helping the offense.

that is true but what you have to take into account is that teams did not feel the need to prepare greatly or play too hard because they knew they could beat them (and all but BAL were correct). You get another sucky team going at them who really prepares and tries and you get a blowout like BUF in MIA.

They had close losses but I would not read too much into that. Figure the Raiders had a lot of close losses last year in the same vein.

1-13 is a far cry from 7-7 ..close losses are losses none the less ..and that many of them actually points to a team that can not get it done late in the game rather tha they had a string of bad luck

they had a ton of injuriies , strange trade of chambers , some bad luck for sure but they were a very far from being a playoff team this season ...they were not close imho ...next year is a differenet year however and i believe they will be much better

The phins were a "few" plays from being 7-7 :D

WK 1: 16-13 loss to WASH in OT

WK 3: 31-28 loss to NYJ

WK 5: 22-19 loss to HOU

WK 8: 13-10 loss to NYG

WK 10:13-10 loss to BUFF

WK 12: 3-0 loss to PITT

6 losses all by 3 points each...just goes to show how a break here and there can really impact a season:

I agree but I noticed you skipped the Eagles game that they could have easily won. :D

Eagles won by two scores. Not sayign it was pretty, but with two score differential, it isn't 'one small break here'.

In saying that, I agree with the premise to an extent - Dolphins are "better" than 1-13, except for the fact that teams with more wins don't lose ALL of those games.

Heck, I throw the Eagles in this sort of discussion - record is 6-8. More than one score (8 pts) differential : 2-2...meaning 4-6 in 8 pts or less. Take it down to 6 pts or less where one TD wins the game and they are 1-5 (the one being this past week). And if you go back over the 6 8 pt or less losses, on all 6 they either had the ball in the last three minutes driving and turned it over/dropped a pass/donked a fieldgoal, or muffed a punt/gave up a 97 yard drive to Brian F'n Griese.

What's it prove - they aren't a 'good' team cause good teams don't continually have those games go the same way against them.

Dolphins may be able to rebound relatively sooner than you'd think because they aren't losing every game by 20 pts, but they deserve the record they have for the most part cause that last 5 minutes of the game is such an important piece to your record.