[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jamal is a stone cold first round pick next year (IMO)

rai

How can this guy not be?

Think of who was picked in the first round this year:

*LT

LJ

*Westy

*Addai

FWP

Gore

Portis

*SJ

Rudi

Bush

Henry

-

(*AD, *Grant, *Brown (if healthy)

I put an astirisk next to who should be taken before Jamal

what RB have more FF points than Jamal this year?

LT

AD

Addai

Westy

Last 5 weeks he has 2nd most points than any RB (LT number 1)

Edited by rai

Hey, I a HUGH support of Jamal's this year. But it'd be silly to draft him in the first round when you know you can safely draft him later. Maybe not as late as the 5th round next year, but probably later than the 1st.

Edited by yo mama

It took me a minute to figure out what Jamal he was talking about.

Lewis has basically four games to separate himself from the same mediocrity he had in BAL.

216 yards, 1 TD vs CIN

163 yards , 0 TD vs BUF

134 yards, 1 TD vs HOU

118 yards, 1 TD @NYJ

In his other nine games this year, he has averaged 55 rushing yards on 18 carries.

He has benefited from a much improved offensive line which is good for the future.

He rolled up big yards in three games this year all at home against below average defenses and he had at least 27 carries in each game. Most running backs who get 27+ carries in that offense would do no differently. He had 8 games with less than 65 rushing yards too. In those eight games, he only had a 3.2 YPC.

Lewis has been a nice surprise this year but he's hardly as consistent as you want a top 12 back to be and is mostly a function of big home games with a good offensive line against average at best defenses. He is a function of the offense and the passing game. Absolutely worth owning, but I wouldn't want him as my RB1 personally.

^ I really don't know what you are talking about you left off a 4-TD game (4 TDs is more than some first round picks have all year

you need to get a clue if you leave off his best game and 67 rec yards in that game

FWP has 2 TDs all year

Jacobs has 3TDs all year

Henry has 4 TDs all year

SJ has 5 TDs all year

Gore has 5 TDs all year

Bush has 6 TDs all year

Edge has 6 TDs all year

Rudi had 4 TDs all year

Fred Taylor has 4 TDs all year

Brown has 4 TDs all year (injury shortened) but still 7 games 4 TDs

many of those guys were 1st round picks

Also if you want to be an expert don't leave off his receving yards

Jamal has 1289 yards and 11 TDs and he missed all of the Miami game and 90% of the NE game if healthy for those two games I'd say give him another 200 total yards and another 2 TDs note in those two games Wright has 200 yards and one TD by all rights 80% would have gone to Jamal

Edited by rai

I wouldn't take him top 5

1.LT

2.AD

3.LJ

4.Westbrook

5.Addai

6.Steven Jaxon

7.Ronnie

8.Willie

9.Jamal

10.Gore

11.Lynch?

12.McGahee?

Perhaps Gore should be higher but his team sucks. I think Steven Jaxon's breakout year will be next season. Everyone expected it this year.

It'll be much different probably for everyone's draft next year cause Shaun Alexander is done, AD will be top 3, Jamal is back in the top top 10, Lynch will be a late first rounder, Rudi will probably drop, no?

Edited by Siberia

I have to agree with the masses here. Despite Yo Mama's man-crush on the guy, and the fact that he has been a great pick this year (relative to what we expected), there is no way this guy is in the top 12 next year.

^ I really don't know what you are talking about you left off a 4-TD game (4 TDs is more than some first round picks have all year

you need to get a clue if you leave off his best game and 67 rec yards in that game

FWP has 2 TDs all year

Jacobs has 3TDs all year

Henry has 4 TDs all year

SJ has 5 TDs all year

Gore has 5 TDs all year

Bush has 6 TDs all year

Edge has 6 TDs all year

Rudi had 4 TDs all year

Jamal has 1289 yards and 11 TDs and he missed all of the Miami game and 90% of the NE game if healthy for those two games I'd say give him another 200 Ttotal yards) and another 2 TDs )note in those two games Wright has 200 yards and one TD by all rights 80% would have gone to Jamal

You are looking at the wrong side of why those guys were first round picks - it was from their previous season and proves the point of why jumping on Lewis would likely end you up like those backs above. And Bush was rarely a first round pick and Taylor was more like a fourth round pick.

His four TD game came with scores from the 2, 1, 2 and 1 yard line. Every back in the league is supposed to be able to score from the 2 yard line or less. He just got really lucky that three times Winslow was tackled on the 1 or 2-yard line. He has never had more than 1 rushing score in any other game this year. I did not include his receiving yardage since he has only averaged about 19 yards on two catches per game. That's about average for any RB.

I wouldn't want Lewis until the second round myself, but if you want to burn a first on him - go ahead. I am pretty confident he will be there for you no matter where you draft.

His four TD game came with scores from the 2, 1, 2 and 1 yard line. Every back in the league is supposed to be able to score from the 2 yard line or less. He just got really lucky that three times Winslow was tackled on the 1 or 2-yard line. He has never had more than 1 rushing score in any other game this year.

Yes, good point, but my point is other backs like Jacobs and FWP etc.. don't score 1 or 2 or 3 yard TDs at all

did you see his game yesterday or the week before? Jamal was running like a machine he looked like back in the day Jamal Lewis.

Yesterday neither team had an offensive TD so I don't count it against Jamal, it was snowing like a mo-fo Lynch had half as many yards as Jamal

Edited by rai

Yes, good point, but my point is other backs like Jacobs and FWP etc.. don't score 1 or 2 or 3 yard TDs at all

did you see his game yesterday or the week before? Jamal was running like a machine he looked like back in the day Jamal Lewis.

Yesterday neither team had an offensive TD so I don't count it against Jamal, it was snowing like a mo-fo Lynch had half as many yards as Jamal

I think Jamal had a semblence of a QB and passing attack to take some of the pressure of him, too, so I wouldn't compare him apples to apples with Lynch.

Jamal has had a great year, by every definition. Most here just beleive that there is a solid chance he doesn't repeat it, and that they'd rather spend a #1 pick on someone with a ton of upside. Jamal has no upside from 2007...only downside.

Here are the RBs I'd take ahead of Jamal next year, based on performance this year, and upside next year

LT, AD, Westbrook, SJax, Gore, Barber, Parker, LJ, Ronnie Brown, Lynch, and perhaps even Maroney, Portis, McFadden, Fred Taylor, and Bush.

I'd also select Brady, Manning, Romo, Moss, TO, Wayne, and Edwards before I'd take Jamal.

That puts him late 2nd-early 3rd round.

You are looking at the wrong side of why those guys were first round picks - it was from their previous season and proves the point of why jumping on Lewis would likely end you up like those backs above. And Bush was rarely a first round pick and Taylor was more like a fourth round pick.

His four TD game came with scores from the 2, 1, 2 and 1 yard line. Every back in the league is supposed to be able to score from the 2 yard line or less. He just got really lucky that three times Winslow was tackled on the 1 or 2-yard line. He has never had more than 1 rushing score in any other game this year. I did not include his receiving yardage since he has only averaged about 19 yards on two catches per game. That's about average for any RB.

I wouldn't want Lewis until the second round myself, but if you want to burn a first on him - go ahead. I am pretty confident he will be there for you no matter where you draft.

unless they're named thomas jones :D

FWP has 2 TDs all year

Jacobs has 3TDs all year

Henry has 4 TDs all year

SJ has 5 TDs all year

Gore has 5 TDs all year

Bush has 6 TDs all year

Edge has 6 TDs all year

Rudi had 4 TDs all year

Jamal has 1289 yards and 11 TDs and he missed all of the Miami game and 90% of the NE game if healthy for those two games I'd say give him another 200 total yards and another 2 TDs note in those two games Wright has 200 yards and one TD by all rights 80% would have gone to Jamal

you do realize that you are "talking" to the site owner like that, dont you?