[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2007 Pro Bowl Selections

keggerz

Some thoughts:

1. AD starting over Westbrook is a complete joke....what more does Westbrook really need to do (other than turn in a 14 carry, 3 yard performance?)

2. Gonzo making the squad ahead of Dallas Clark & Heath Miller is another joke.

3. The omission of Fred Taylor is a travesty...Willie Parker?????

4. Wes Welker is going to catch 100-110 balls, and isn't going to the Pro Bowl.

5. Barber over Portis, and Graham, is a tad slanted.

You have a problem with Willie Parker making this team?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some thoughts:

1. AD starting over Westbrook is a complete joke....what more does Westbrook really need to do (other than turn in a 14 carry, 3 yard performance?)

3. The omission of Fred Taylor is a travesty...Willie Parker?????

4. Wes Welker is going to catch 100-110 balls, and isn't going to the Pro Bowl.

5. Barber over Portis, and Graham, is a tad slanted.

1. It's debateable. AD leads the NFC in rushing yards, set the single game rushing yards record and is leading his team towards a playoff spot.

Westy is the NFC total yards leader and the MVP of a team not heading towards the playoffs.

2. Clark, Miller and Winslow all deserve it more then Gonzo.

3. I agree that Freddy never gets his props and probably deserves it more the FWP but FWP does lead the league in rushing yards.

4. WW deserves a spot but like Fred taylor will never get any respect. He'll end up with around 110 receptions and has already broke 1000 yards receiving and will end around 10 TDs.

5. Honestly don't think any of them deserve a ProBowl spot but the NFC is thin at RBs.

Edited by SuperCharger

Some thoughts:

Name C-Yds-TD

Gates 68-898-9

Gonzalez 82-971-5

Winslow 71-971-5

Miller 43-539-7

Clark 51-559-9

Gonzalez had the catches and yards. If you're taking another TE, Winslow should be chosen ahead of Clark or Miller. Winslow should get half-credit on all Jamal Lewis TD's, just ask DMD!

Romo should be the starter over Favre, but Favre got the sentimental vote. My question is should Sean Taylor have gotten it? Or is he getting it because of the sentimental vote? If he deserved it then so be it, but if he is getting it because of the sentimental vote then that sucks for the guy that got left out who's contract had an incentive in it if he made the Pro Bowl.

Taylor was very deserving

and as for the TE talk in the AFC i am surprised that WINSLOW has yet to be mentioned

4. WW deserves a spot but like Fred taylor will never get any respect. He'll end up with around 110 receptions and has already broke 1000 yards receiving and will end around 10 TDs.

Second fiddle again

1. It's debateable. AD leads the NFC in rushing yards, set the single game rushing yards record and is leading his team towards a playoff spot.

Westy is the NFC total yards leader and the MVP of a team not heading towards the playoffs.

2. Clark, Miller and Winslow all deserve it more then Gonzo.

3. I agree that Freddy never gets his props and probably deserves it more the FWP but FWP does lead the league in rushing yards.

5. Honestly don't think any of them deserve a ProBowl spot but the NFC is thin at RBs.

take off your HOMER GLASSES

the 4 guys that made it:

Starters:

Moss: I dont think i need to post his stats, do I?

Wayne: 82/1280 9 he has 14 less catches but 276 more yards and 1 more TD then Welker

BackUps:

Housh: 101/1028 11 TDs he has 5 more catches 24 more yards and 3 more TDs then Welker

Edwards: 69/1170 13 TDs he has 27 less catches, 166 more yards and 5 more TDs then Welker

This has nothing to do with regards to respect about Welker...the four guys voted in were all deserving to be in over him.

Taylor was very deserving

Yeah, he's still going strong at age 31. If it weren't for his RBBC situation, he'd be in ahead of Parker.

Nice to see Sanders get his second invitation. It would've been nice to see Saturday get his third, but that line has been so bad this year that it's not surprising.

Ladainian Tomlinson: 1311 yards, 14 TD, 461 yards rec, 2 TD rec, 17 yards passing, 1 TD pass

Joseph Addai: 1019 yards, 11 TD, 351 yards rec, 3 TD rec

Fred Taylor: 1091 yards, 4 TD, 58 yards rec

Jamal Lewis: 1084 yards, 9 TD, 205 yards rec, 2 TD rec

Willie Parker: 1317 yards, 2 TD, 164 yards rec

Obviously Tomlinson is tops, and Addai has the total yards and the TD. I think Parker got picked as he has the most rushing yards, but a case could certainly be made for Jamal Lewis over Parker.

take off your HOMER GLASSES

the 4 guys that made it:

Starters:

Moss: I dont think i need to post his stats, do I?

Wayne: 82/1280 9 he has 14 less catches but 276 more yards and 1 more TD then Welker

BackUps:

Housh: 101/1028 11 TDs he has 5 more catches 24 more yards and 3 more TDs then Welker

Edwards: 69/1170 13 TDs he has 27 less catches, 166 more yards and 5 more TDs then Welker

This has nothing to do with regards to respect about Welker...the four guys voted in were all deserving to be in over him.

Totally agree. Welker is having a great year but he's the 5th best WR (at best).

only the TOP 3 RBs make it so I dont see why people are expecting Fred Taylor to make it

1091 rushing yards 4 TDs, 9 catches for 58 yards

one could easily make the argument that Willis McGahee has a better argument to make it then Freddy does(and i like freddy and think he has had a phenomenal NFL career)

McGahee: 1197 rushing yards 7 TDs, 43 catches for 231 yards with 1 TD

Yeah, he's still going strong at age 31. If it weren't for his RBBC situation, he'd be in ahead of Parker.

Nice to see Sanders get his second invitation. It would've been nice to see Saturday get his third, but that line has been so bad this year that it's not surprising.

i was talking about STaylor :D

Totally agree. Welker is having a great year but he's the 5th best WR (at best).

Also consider that Welker is putting up all of his numbers in the slot, lined up against LBs or third-string DBs. Welker is a solid player and all, but the Pats could put Gaffney in the slot and their offense would still be nearly as productive.

Ladainian Tomlinson: 1311 yards, 14 TD, 461 yards rec, 2 TD rec, 17 yards passing, 1 TD pass

Joseph Addai: 1019 yards, 11 TD, 351 yards rec, 3 TD rec

Fred Taylor: 1091 yards, 4 TD, 58 yards rec

Jamal Lewis: 1084 yards, 9 TD, 205 yards rec, 2 TD rec

Willie Parker: 1317 yards, 2 TD, 164 yards rec

Obviously Tomlinson is tops, and Addai has the total yards and the TD. I think Parker got picked as he has the most rushing yards, but a case could certainly be made for Jamal Lewis over Parker.

dont forget willis

only the TOP 3 RBs make it so I dont see why people are expecting Fred Taylor to make it

1091 rushing yards 4 TDs, 9 catches for 58 yards

one could easily make the argument that Willis McGahee has a better argument to make it then Freddy does(and i like freddy and think he has had a phenomenal NFL career)

McGahee: 1197 rushing yards 7 TDs, 43 catches for 231 yards with 1 TD

Good point also.

Inside linebacker DeMeco Ryans, Houston

There is justice after all. FWIW, I think Mario Williams slightly deserved the 3rd AFC DE spot over Jason Taylor. Maybe if Taylor, Vanden Bosch or Allen don't go, he will get a spot. Does anyone know when alternates are announced?

Some thoughts:

Maybe he needed to score one more touchdown.

Anyone know why this stuff is announced with two weeks still to play? The season is only 87.5% over.

:D

Atleast it's better then MLB, NBA and NHL who have their All-Star game in the middle of the season with voting taking place less then halfway through the season. I guess they must consider how a player ended last season.

more WELKER stuff for the blind homer:

Rank in Yards 7th

Rank in Recps 2nd

Rank in TDs Tie for 7th

Yards Per Game 8th(and the 4 starters are all ranked above welker)

20+ Yard Catches Tied for 25th(8, one more then Housh) (Wayne, Edwards, Moss rank 2-4 respectively with 23, 20 & 17 respectively)

Catches for 1st downs 6th(Moss, Housh, Wayne rank 2-4 respectively, Edwards 51 to Welkers 57)