[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roy Williams appeals

Piranha-z

ESPN's Ed Werder is reporting that according to an NFL source, Williams has indicated he will appeal the suspension and his agent has requested the league hear the appeal Wednesday rather than today so they have more time to prepare their arguments. The league has granted the request.

I just heard on ESPN that he appealed his suspension. Does he think it was not a horse collar move?? What can they possibly prepare to get out of this, he did it and there's no question. I don't understand how they can even approve an appeal like this, or do they have to?? Someone help me understand??

Btw, sorry if this was posted already, but I didn't see it.

Edited by Piranha-z

Jerry Jones was on Dallas radio this morning and his argument was there are other plays, like cut blocks, which can injure players and those plays are not a suspendable offense. Because the appeal is not until tomorrow Roy Williams was allowed to practice with the team today.

Most of the media in the area seem to think the NFL will rule on this pretty quickly and the suspension will be upheld for this coming Saturday @ Carolina.

Edited by myhousekey

Probably trying to buy time. I'd assume that they wouldn't suspend him for a playoff game, so if the appeal drags on a bit, the suspension might carry over to next season, which is what he's probably looking to do.

maybe he is hoping he can get it extended and take the suspension for the Pro Bowl(which he doesn't deserve to be in anyway)

and no i am not serious

Edited by keggerz

Maybe Donovan should appeal the suspension since Williams looked like he was trying to injure McNabb on the play. The NFLPA should also represent the interests of another player. How many times does Williams need to get scolded before it is enough!

You made the play your grabbed him by the pads you suffer the fine and suspension.... Learn how to tackle without using the other players equipment, Roy! :D

You made the play your grabbed him by the pads you suffer the fine and suspension.... Learn how to tackle without using the other players equipment, Roy! :D

More improtantly, from a coaching persepctive, try to be in position to make a clean tackle, rather than have to react using an illegal tactic because you overpersued the play and now are chasing your target.

Football is all about the ability to see the field of play, and position yourself accordingly. Williams has proven too many times that he is lacking this skill, and it has cost his team touchdowns (because he has been beaten like an egg over and over in pass coverage), and now, it has cost his team his services for one week.

It has also cost him one-game's pay, and more than likely, the respect of fans and fellow-players alike. How can you respect a another player that knowingly tries to injure another outside the rules of the game?

This is kinda like the Chris Simon incident for those that follow NHL. He's been suspended multiple times for "intent to injure", yet he's still playing. They (NHL) need to make an example of this guy and ban him from the league. The suspensions don't seem to work. Not saying that's what should happen to Williams, but what's it gonna take to get these guys to realize they could end a career with one move like this???

Check out the video and watch what he does, crazy.

Simon

Edited by Piranha-z

I think he is appealing on a technicality, because the rule is poorly written. Something about pulling down immediately with the intent to injure or some horse crap like that. Daryl Johnston was talking about it on Sirius NFL today, and he says that he could very well win the appeal because the rule is so poorly written. He also says he agrees that he should be suspended, but by the letter of the law or this case the rule, he might not be. Moose is a pretty stand up guy, and has not been bashful about bashing the Cowboys when they deserve it so, maybe he does have grounds for an appeal.

Maybe hes trying to get suspended week 17 on a really meaningless game?

:D Exactly what I think.....he's going to file an appeal, play this week and then drop the appeal and serve his suspension when week 17 might not mean anything.

:D Exactly what I think.....he's going to file an appeal, play this week and then drop the appeal and serve his suspension when week 17 might not mean anything.

Its true..The Skins are like a bye week so he probably would be better off sitting that one out

Edited by whomper

I think he is appealing on a technicality, because the rule is poorly written. Something about pulling down immediately with the intent to injure or some horse crap like that. Daryl Johnston was talking about it on Sirius NFL today, and he says that he could very well win the appeal because the rule is so poorly written. He also says he agrees that he should be suspended, but by the letter of the law or this case the rule, he might not be. Moose is a pretty stand up guy, and has not been bashful about bashing the Cowboys when they deserve it so, maybe he does have grounds for an appeal.

Even if the wording is ambiguous, I'd be shocked if Goodell let an appeal slide. The rule was named after the guy, and Goodell is the one who hears the appeal. I can't see it happening.

If the Packers and Cowboys win this week, next week won't be meaningless in thems of home field advantage.

I know..Any chance I get to zing the skins I take

He ain't going to get any slack the NFL has already stated that they will rule this week on the appeal, I don't care what kind of shiat he brings up in his hearing. He will be suspended for the game on Sat. and trust me playing Carolina is more meaningless than Washington.

This is kinda like the Chris Simon incident for those that follow NHL. He's been suspended multiple times for "intent to injure", yet he's still playing. They (NHL) need to make an example of this guy and ban him from the league. The suspensions don't seem to work. Not saying that's what should happen to Williams, but what's it gonna take to get these guys to realize they could end a career with one move like this???

Check out the video and watch what he does, crazy.

Simon

Simon is a punk. I am sure when he does come back (which he shouldn't be allowed) someone will take a run at him and rightfully so.