[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fred Taylor - Pro Bowl Snub again

H8tank

Guy deserves to get to Hawaii... he is playing lights out this year.

I am a Freddy Fan but he doesnt deserve the nod this year...Willis McGahee has as big a gripe as any that he didnt make it.

From the other thread:

only the TOP 3 RBs make it so I dont see why people are expecting Fred Taylor to make it

1091 rushing yards 4 TDs, 9 catches for 58 yards

one could easily make the argument that Willis McGahee has a better argument to make it then Freddy does(and i like freddy and think he has had a phenomenal NFL career)

McGahee: 1197 rushing yards 7 TDs, 43 catches for 231 yards with 1 TD

There is no doubt that Fred Taylor is a great back but when looking at rb's do we look at just rushing yds or do we look at total yds from scrimmage & TD's?

If it is just Rushing yds then Taylor should have been a lock to go because he is 4th in the afc in rushing yards and he is averaging about 5 carries less per game than the other leading rb's in the conference.

If we look at total yds & td's, as I think we should, then there are 7 rbs in the conference that are averaging more total yds per game than Taylor. 2 of them, Lynch & Brown have missed quite a bit of time due to injuries so remove them from the equation and you still have 5 other full tim rb's, LT, FWP, McGahee, J Lewis & Addai who are averaging more total yds per game than Taylor.

I agree that for his career Taylor has been great and maybe there were other years where he should have gone to the Pro Bowl and he may go yet this year as an alternate, but based on this years stats, I don't tihnk he should go.

Of course, I don't think Addai should have gone ahead of McGahee & Lewis either and I like the Colts.

He probably should've gotten in over Addai, who's looked pretty ordinary over the second half of the season. Hopefully he takes out his anger on the Raiders this week and toasts them for 180 yards and a couple scores.

Addai has over 1300 total yards and 14 tds....! He deserves to be there.....if anything, maybe should be there over Fast Willie, who has a lot of yardage and about it..!