[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

s. taylor voted to pro bowl

buddahj

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess they seem there is alot to honor, I don't see it; the guy was basically a gangsta thug. I do love the way he played the game and that I would honor, but he had alot of character issues, and is far from being an accepted role model.

so if he made some mistakes when he was younger, he's labeled a gangsta thug for life? The guy had a wife and kid and was turning his life around. I think he should be honored for that

so if he made some mistakes when he was younger, he's labeled a gangsta thug for life? The guy had a wife and kid and was turning his life around. I think he should be honored for that

Good to see you standing up against some of the comments about Taylor.

To what degree he turned his life around I'm sure only certain people know. I agree labeling him a gangsta thug is harsh unless someone knows this first hand. Did anyone on here know Sean Taylor? Didn't think so. Many of the comments here are totally classless. Debating on whether or not he should be voted to the pro bowl team is one thing. Trying to be cute with heartless comments is another.

I didn't know Taylor and I'm certainly not his judge.

Show some respect for a human life.....I can appreciate everyone having their own opinion...sometimes it's better just not to share your view with others, as when one speaks it often shows the type of person they are or character they have........There is a time to voice one's opinion and passionatly defend one's views or feelings on a topic......your view simply shows the value you have towards life itself......And that's sad.....To judge others and label them, if true or not, says that you must be the next thing to perfect or to whom ever your higher power be........To judge someone else may place you in the same category as the so called " Thug" you reffered to....and thats one to grow on.......

Show some respect for a human life.....I can appreciate everyone having their own opinion...sometimes it's better just not to share your view with others, as when one speaks it often shows the type of person they are or character they have........There is a time to voice one's opinion and passionatly defend one's views or feelings on a topic......your view simply shows the value you have towards life itself......And that's sad.....To judge others and label them, if true or not, says that you must be the next thing to perfect or to whom ever your higher power be........To judge someone else may place you in the same category as the so called " Thug" you reffered to....and thats one to grow on.......

Respect? Here? :D

No, I think it's nicer to have "look how cool I am comments".

I agree that they should only have Taylor as an honorary player and have someone else fill the spot on the field, but show some respect for the guy. You don't have to come on here and say "They only voted for Taylor because he died."

+1

Some peoples kids :D

Do you think the guy he beat out is pissed for missing out on a Pro Bowl bonus?
He didn't beat out anyone. He cannot play so the 1st alternate will go to the Pro Bowl & the backup will take the starting position in his place.

That's exactly why they voted for him. People just don't want to hear the blatant truth.

You are a blatant idiot.

• 2 weeks later...
Roy Williams is taking Sean Taylor's spot in the Pro Bowl according to ESPN. I'm sure a crappy safety from the Cowboys is exactly who Sean would have wanted as a replacement.

I'm sure he'll horse-collar tackle a WR in his honor.

Man, when did you ever become so bitter? Did someone kick your dog this morning? :D

It's pretty easy to tell which posts I make while I'm at work. :D

This made me chuckle.

The rest of this thread is kind of sad really. Opinions are like El Guapos. Yes he probably did get a sympathy vote but he was having a pretty darn good year and was doing well with the ballot at the time of his death. It is a symbol and even if he was a thug, (not saying he was as I don't know him), he was part of a fraternity of NFL brethren. I think it is time to let this go. It is a gesture that is not going to hurt anyone and I don’t mind that it is happening.

This made me chuckle.

The rest of this thread is kind of sad really. Opinions are like El Guapos. Yes he probably did get a sympathy vote but he was having a pretty darn good year and was doing well with the ballot at the time of his death. It is a symbol and even if he was a thug, (not saying he was as I don't know him), he was part of a fraternity of NFL brethren. I think it is time to let this go. It is a gesture that is not going to hurt anyone and I don’t mind that it is happening.

He was having a better year than Roy Williams that's for sure.

He might be the worst player ever, at any position, voted to 5 straight Pro Bowls.

He was having a better year than Roy Williams that's for sure.

He might be the worst player ever, at any position, voted to 5 straight Pro Bowls.

Yeah, but how many safeties can boast that they nearly single-handedly forced the NFL to impose a new tackling rule?