[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stecker shows Bush how it's done

FishFreak

I know this has been talked about in many threads but Stecker just showed in two games what Bush couldn't accomplish in almost two seasons.....Bush will never be a feature back. He can't handle 20+ carries a game, is a mediocre between the tackles runner and is nothing more than a glorified change of pace/3rd down back.

I hoped and believed Bush would be that special back but his limitations are obvious. He can only be special if he shares the load with a power back like McCallister that does all the heavy lifting and softens up a defense. The Texans passing on Bush and taking Williams doesn't look so bad now. Get this guy off of all these commercials and give the endorsements to guys who have earned it!

I know this has been talked about in many threads but Stecker just showed in two games what Bush couldn't accomplish in almost two seasons.....Bush will never be a feature back. He can't handle 20+ carries a game, is a mediocre between the tackles runner and is nothing more than a glorified change of pace/3rd down back.

I hoped and believed Bush would be that special back but his limitations are obvious. He can only be special if he shares the load with a power back like McCallister that does all the heavy lifting and softens up a defense. The Texans passing on Bush and taking Williams doesn't look so bad now. Get this guy off of all these commercials and give the endorsements to guys who have earned it!

Agreed. The only small back who ever deserved the praise of overcoming his size is THE Warrick Dunn. Greastest small back to ever play the position.

Althought he didnt have great stats I also like Pittman

Sorry, but Dunn outshines Pittman by miles... 5-8, 180 pounds and is only the 22nd RB back in the history of the NFL to surpass 10,000 yards. Not to mention, his off-field attributes compared to the aforementioned Pittman.

Agreed. The only small back who ever deserved the praise of overcoming his size is THE Warrick Dunn. Greastest small back to ever play the position.

James Brooks, anyone?

fwp??

5'10", 209? Not a "small" back by any means; maybe a bit smaller than ideal. A werk on a wings-only diet away from Emmitt's 221 lbs.

Joe Morris was about the same size as Barry Sanders.

I looked up Thurman Thomas and they had him at 5'10" and 200 lbs but I swear he was listed at 188 for most of his playing career.

joe morris = stud

I recall Madden dispelling the myth that Joe Morris was a "small" back once - Madden said "he's a big guy, he's just short"; which if you looked at Morris' build, was pretty accurate. He was a freakin' tank. Barry Sanders was built the same way.

You guys are naming some fine running backs but none in the category of Dunn...

Dunn should be a model for Bush

By Aaron Schatz and Doug Farrar

Football Outsiders.com

Among the 23 NFL players who have rushed for more than 10,000 career yards, there's nobody quite like Warrick Dunn.

On average, these 23 players stand 6 feet even and weigh 214.5 pounds. Only five of the 23 -- Walter Payton, Thurman Thomas, Tiki Barber, Tony Dorsett and Dunn -- weighed 200 pounds or less when they suited up. Dorsett's listed playing weight was 192 pounds at 5-11. Until Dunn gained his 10,000th rushing yard on Thanksgiving Day against the Colts, Dorsett was the lightest running back ever to hit the 10,000-yard milestone.

At 5-9, Atlanta Falcons star Dunn weighs in at 180 pounds. His entry into the 10,000-yard club is a singularly impressive feat at a position where players far larger often fade out after a few years. Dorsett's rookie year was 1977, which put him in an era when 220-pound linebackers and 275-pound defensive tackles were commonplace. Dunn's first season was 20 years later, so he faces defenders who are bigger, stronger and faster and are playing in more complicated schemes. LaDainian Tomlinson (5-10, 221) and Fred Taylor (6-1, 226) each gained their 10,000th career rushing yards in November, but they are built to pound the rock in the modern game.

Here's a link:

Dunn should be a model for Bush

Bush is 6-0 and listed at 203 (more likely around 195) How can Dunn, who is 3-4 inches shorter and 10-20 lbs lighter be considered a model for Bush?

He's a better RB who's been on the Falcons who had been #1 in rushing for some time thanks to him and Vick.

And Bush has 8 fumbles this season.

Edited by WaterMan

Barry Sanders 5-8 200 lbs

KO'd

How the freak did this conversation get past this post??!?!?

Sanders HANDS DOWN over Dunn. For the love of all that's holy...

I can't believe it's a discussion. :D

I mean we're really splitting hairs over weight here.

Edited by Sturphy

He's a better RB who's been on the Falcons who had been #1 in rushing for some time thanks to him and Vick.

And Bush has 8 fumbles this season.

Yeah...and Michael Vick is in jail, the Falcons are coach-less, 3-11 & last in the division while the Saints are sitting at 7-7 and still in the hunt for a playoff spot, so what's your point? That still doesn't tell me why he, in particular, should be a model for Bush.

Yeah...and Michael Vick is in jail, the Falcons are coach-less, 3-11 & last in the division while the Saints are sitting at 7-7 and still in the hunt for a playoff spot, so what's your point? That still doesn't tell me why he, in particular, should be a model for Bush.

Maybe you should read some of those links that were posted?

Reggie is the mosted hated on player in the league. I never thought a guy would come along (anytime soon) that would drum up more haters than Vick, Manning, or Brady. He's arguably the best # 2 pick of the past 10 years IMO. (McNabb & possibly Ronnie Brown withstanding)

Edited by Hitman

Maybe you should read some of those links that were posted?

I read the link & I disagree that you can make the comparison by body type. If Bush were to add 10 lbs in the off-season would we then be comparing him to Addai? I think it's a silly argument. Bush is not a "small" back, he's a slight back.I still say if you want to make that comparison then he is closer to Westbrook than anyone else.

I read the link & I disagree that you can make the comparison by body type. If Bush were to add 10 lbs in the off-season would we then be comparing him to Addai? I think it's a silly argument. Bush is not a "small" back, he's a slight back.I still say if you want to make that comparison then he is closer to Westbrook than anyone else.

+1 Weight and body type is overrated.