[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stecker shows Bush how it's done

FishFreak

+1 Weight and body type is overrated.

I wouldn't say it's overrated. It's all a matter of how the back is used. The Saints attempted trying Bush as an every down back & either it just didn't work out or they had a bad plan for it. Personally I think it's a bit of both. I think it'll be real interesting to see how things develop next year when we have Deuce back and/or another heavy-hitter to do more of the dirty work. I'm banking Bush will look more like the RB we saw towards the end of last season.

I wouldn't say it's overrated. It's all a matter of how the back is used. The Saints attempted trying Bush as an every down back & either it just didn't work out or they had a bad plan for it. Personally I think it's a bit of both. I think it'll be real interesting to see how things develop next year when we have Deuce back and/or another heavy-hitter to do more of the dirty work. I'm banking Bush will look more like the RB we saw towards the end of last season.

What I meant was that debating 10 lbs. either way is splitting hairs. It's more about the person than his weight.

As he gains experience and matures as an athlete, I think Bush will improve as he will learn he cant force a big play in the NFL the way he did in college. With improved patience and willingness to accept what the defense gives him when it is all that is there, he will be more successful IMO. The big plays will come. too, as he is certainly capable. I just think right now he is trying too hard to make them happen...

I dont think anyone believes Stecker is a better back, but (at this point) he is probably more advanced as far as understanding his abilities and how they translate to the NFL game whereas Bush is still learning.

Reggie is the mosted hated on player in the league. I never thought a guy would come along (anytime soon) that would drum up more haters than Vick, Manning, or Brady. He's arguably the best # 2 pick of the past 10 years IMO. (McNabb & possibly Ronnie Brown withstanding)

There is no doubt that Reggie has an awesome skill set and I think it will be interesting to see what kind of runner he turns into in future years. Aaron Stecker put up some decent rushing yards in two consecutive weeks against Atlanta and Arizona and some will get a hard on because of that.

Aaron Stecker is mediocre therefore Reggie Bush sucks. :D

I don't know what these means for real busts like Cedric Benson.

WHO AM I?

After my first 3 seasons:

Rushing YPC 3.7

Total Yards Per Touch(includes rushing and receiving) 4.53

Total Yards Per Game 97.16

Touches Per Game 21.44

As a comparison Reggie Bush after 28 Games(the above is 45 games)

Rushing YPC 3.7

Total Yards Per Touch 4.83

Total Yards Per Game 82.32

Touches Per Game 16.89

WHO AM I?

Rushing YPC 3.7

Touches Per Game 21.44

Rushing YPC 3.7

Touches Per Game 16.89

Tiki?

WHO AM I?

Rushing YPC 3.7

Touches Per Game 21.44

Rushing YPC 3.7

Touches Per Game 16.89

:D

Marshall Faulk. Just a guess.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play...lMa00.htm?redir

You sure about that? Both his 1st two years were 1,000 yd 11 td seasons & his 3rd he got injured.

2947 rushing yards in 801 carries=3.7ypc

1425 recvng yards with 164 receptions

4372 total yards/965 touches =4.53ypt

965touches/45 games=21.44

EDIT: I left TDs off because i thought that would give it away as Faulk....

Faulk had 29 Rushing TDs and 4 Recvng TDs

or .64 Rushing TDs/game and .09 Recvng TDs/game which equals .73 TDs/game

Bush has has 10 Rushing TDs and 4 Recvng TDs

or .36 Rushing TDs/game and .14 Recvng TDs/game which equals .50 TDs/game

The reason i pointed this out is that people point to Bush's ypc and say he is a flop or whatever...i thought it was interesting when i noticed that after 3 seasons Faulk had the same exact YPC.

now to go an push some buttons :D

Edited by keggerz

How the freak did this conversation get past this post??!?!?

Sanders HANDS DOWN over Dunn. For the love of all that's holy...

I can't believe it's a discussion. :D

I mean we're really splitting hairs over weight here.

I was going through the thread reading the same thing, especially with such names as "Dunn" being tossed around as the best small back ever.

He's arguably the best # 2 pick of the past 10 years IMO. (McNabb & possibly Ronnie Brown withstanding)

Exactly right, thoguh the argument is more like:

Fan #1: "Reggie Bush the best # 2 pick of the past 10 years IMO"

Fan #2: "Are you nuts? What has he done to make you say that? I mean, besides a lot of ESPN promo's sayin he was great..."?

Fan #1: " He just is"

Fan #2: "Julius Peppers? Heard of him? Donovan McNabb? Ring any bells there? LaVar Arrington? Robert Galle... well, nevermind Gallery..."

Fan #1" " I stand by my statement"

etc