[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

some numbers

4.0 -- The number of yards per carry the Patriots are averaging this season, gaining a total of 1,609 rushing yards on 400 attempts. The total includes quarterback kneeldowns at the end of games.

1 -- The number of times in the last 20 years that the Patriots have averaged 4.0 yards per carry or better in a season (2004, 4.1).

47.5 -- The percentage of Patriots rushing attempts that have gained four or more yards this season, the highest total in the NFL.

4.21 -- The average number of yards per carry that Laurence Maroney has gained in his career (1378 yards on 327 attempts).

4.22 -- The Patriots’ individual franchise record for most yards per carry with the team, achieved by Corey Dillon (3180 yards on 753 carries from 2004-06) and Craig James (2469 yards on 585 carries from 1984-88).

4 -- The number of games this season in which the Patriots have had a 100-yard rusher.

3 -- The total number of games in which the Patriots had a 100-yard rusher over the previous two seasons combined (2005-06).

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A whole lot- The number of Pats fans around here who somehow feel the need to defend how good their team is despite the fact that they're on the verge gutting the entire freaking league.

0- The number of people who wouldn't otherwise root for the Pats but just can't help themselves because the fans are such a likable batch of guys.

A whole lot- The number of Pats fans around here who somehow feel the need to defend how good their team is despite the fact that they're on the verge gutting the entire freaking league.

0- The number of people who wouldn't otherwise root for the Pats but just can't help themselves because the fans are such a likable batch of guys.

good post

Nothing done in the regular season amounts to anything for any team, once they enter the playoffs unless they end up winning the super bowl.

What the patriots do rushing the ball for the 1st 16 weeks will mean nothing if they can not run the ball in the playoffs.

Just like going 16-0 in the regular season is pointless if they do not go 3-0 in the Post Season.

rather than trying to prove how well they have run the ball this year I would be more concerned with how beatable they have looked in the last few weeks. If they turn in efforts in the playoffs like they turned in against Baltimore & New York then they will not get away with it.

They need to return to the form they were exhibiting in the first half because once the second season starts, the play goes up a hugh notch.

Nothing done in the regular season amounts to anything for any team, once they enter the playoffs unless they end up winning the super bowl.

What the patriots do rushing the ball for the 1st 16 weeks will mean nothing if they can not run the ball in the playoffs.

Just like going 16-0 in the regular season is pointless if they do not go 3-0 in the Post Season.

rather than trying to prove how well they have run the ball this year I would be more concerned with how beatable they have looked in the last few weeks. If they turn in efforts in the playoffs like they turned in against Baltimore & New York then they will not get away with it.

They need to return to the form they were exhibiting in the first half because once the second season starts, the play goes up a hugh notch.

richard seymour is finally starting to get healthy....and playing like it....and when he is...no one will run the ball on us the way the ravens did...

the jets scored because a wet ball got through chris hansons hands....other than that...they didnt do peaches by the bucket

maroney is starting to hit holes and run through them instead of looking for a big lane to cut back through

This board is going to be great fun when SD, IND, or JAX knocks NE out of the playoffs prior to the SB.

:D

Wont happen, Cant happen, not in a trillion godzillion years because the Patriots are the best team ever and have the utmost respect for the game and their opponents. Every team should try and be more like the Patriots. :D

Neither team did

NE-265 NY-236

Number of times NE crossed the 50: 5*(you guys dont mind an asterisk do you?)

*that includes getting the ball on the 3 for the block and where they got to the Jet 44 but ended up punting on 4th down from their own 49

Number of times NYJ crossed the 50: 5*

*That does NOT include the fumble recovery run back for a TD

Number of times NE was in the RED ZONE: 3*(another asterisk but i know you guys are used to it)

*that includes getting the ball at the 3 on the blocked punt

Number of times the NYJ were in the RED ZONE: 4*

*does not include the blocked punt that got run back for a TD

So if the Jets didnt do peaches by the bucket what the hell did the Pasterisks do that was so great offensively?

Edited by keggerz

*that includes getting the ball on the 3 for the block and where they got to the Jet 44 but ended up punting on 4th down from their own 49

Number of times NE was in the RED ZONE: 3*(another asterisk but i know you guys are used to it)

So if the Jets didnt do peaches by the bucket what the hell did the Pasterisks do that was so great offensively?

Absolutely nothing :D

CAR YDS AVG TD LG

L. Washington 4 57 14.3 0 49

T. Jones 9 19 2.1 0 5

B. Smith 3 10 3.3 0 6

C. Pennington 1 4 4.0 0 4

Team 17 90 5.3 0 49

lolol...yeah....i mean...take away leon washingtons run on a spread option play...and the jets didnt move the ball for sh1t(im sure yer right though...SD,Jax, and Indy will probably successfully and consistently being running the option on us...so were doomed)...jets picked up some yardage with the pats protecting a 20-10 lead and trying to keep jets receivers in front of them

what did they do so great offensively? well nothing great...but maroney and kevin faulk averaged 4.5 a carry on 30 totes in sh1t weather

CAR YDS AVG TD LG

T. Jones 9 19 2.1 0 5

B. Smith 3 10 3.3 0 6

Team 17 90 5.3 0 49

lolol...yeah....i mean...take away leon washingtons run on a spread option play...and the jets didnt move the ball for sh1t(im sure yer right though...SD,Jax, and Indy will probably successfully and consistently being running the option on us...so were doomed)...jets picked up some yardage with the pats protecting a 20-10 lead and trying to keep jets receivers in front of them

what did they do so great offensively? well nothing great...but maroney and kevin faulk averaged 4.5 a carry on 30 totes in sh1t weather

You do realize that you're comparing yourself to the Jets, right? Can I get some mad props for the Panthers 'cause they looked good against the Niners?

This board is going to be great fun when SD, IND, or JAX knocks NE out of the playoffs prior to the SB.

:D

Why? None of them will be around........and that is a good thing :D

CAR YDS AVG TD LG

T. Jones 9 19 2.1 0 5

B. Smith 3 10 3.3 0 6

Team 17 90 5.3 0 49

:D you are hilarious :D

taking away plays now....can we do the same too? and I wasnt talking about RUSHING.....YOU said the JETS did NOTHING...well looking at it you are right BUT the PASTERISKS DID LESS with regards to getting into JETS territory and RED ZONE.

You do realize that you're comparing yourself to the Jets, right? Can I get some mad props for the Panthers 'cause they looked good against the Niners?

yeah i realize im comparing myself to a division rival who won ten games last year and made the playoffs...and returned pretty much everybody....but uhhh...i wish i had a hand in making the schedule...cuz i definitley woulda liked to play the steelers back to back weeks

:D you are hilarious :D

taking away plays now....can we do the same too? and I wasnt talking about RUSHING.....YOU said the JETS did NOTHING...well looking at it you are right BUT the PASTERISKS DID LESS with regards to getting into JETS territory and RED ZONE.

i dont see whats so funny...im just saying...take away a 49 yard run by washington on a spread option play(we see alot of that...and im sure even more come playoff time)...and the jets did squat running the ball....and the jets pushed us around last year on our field on a slop of a field

i dont see whats so funny...im just saying...take away a 49 yard run by washington on a spread option play(we see alot of that...and im sure even more come playoff time)...and the jets did squat running the ball....and the jets pushed us around last year on our field on a slop of a field

:D but what did the pasterisks do? :D

Edited by keggerz

There is no reason to brag about the Jets game. The Patriots survived a bad weather game against a horrible team at home. Just be grateful for the win and quitely move along.

some of you people are amazing

i simply posted some patriot rushing facts....then someone says blah blah you were lucky to escape with wins against balitmore and the jets blah blah....

sh1t ill give ya that...we were lucky in baltimore....but to say we were lucky to survive the jets game? ridiculous

sorry for defending my team and dumb statements made about them