[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pro Bowl Snubs

keggerz

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody keeps spewing stats out there like they should matter. When fans vote, they don't have the stats in front of them. I'm sure most players and coaches that vote don't stop to browse the stats first. They pick players who have big impacts on the field. Players who make plays to help their team win. In this case, I am just saddened that Bobby Engram didn't make it. How can you have 100 catches and not make the Pro Bowl? Sure, there are more talented guys, but you can't tell me Plax or Colston or Driver have made the same impact week in/week out as Bobby has. My favorite Seahawk, and this was really his only chance to get in. I suppose homer glasses do apply.

For the record, if Holmgren was asked, he would not say Bobby Engram was his MVP. I've heard our QB here is pretty good.

Mario Williams has been great and has shown to be a smart pick. Again, if the people that voted in this thing checked stats, he would probably be in.

Edited by Seahawks21

Don't be so hard on them, the passing numbers against them are inflated because people don't even try to run on them.

As a Viking fan, I would say the opposite, which has inflated the rushing defense numbers. The pass defense blows. Seriously. Which is why, if we happen to make the playoffs, and happen to win the first game, wouldn't have a chance against the pass happy Cowboys or Packers in the 2nd round.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Everybody keeps spewing stats out there like they should matter. When fans vote, they don't have the stats in front of them. I'm sure most players and coaches that vote don't stop to browse the stats first. They pick players who have big impacts on the field. Players who make plays to help their team win. In this case, I am just saddened that Bobby Engram didn't make it. How can you have 100 catches and not make the Pro Bowl? Sure, there are more talented guys, but you can't tell me Plax or Colston or Driver have made the same impact week in/week out as Bobby has. My favorite Seahawk, and this was really his only chance to get in. I suppose homer glasses do apply.

For the record, if Holmgren was asked, he would not say Bobby Engram was his MVP. I've heard our QB here is pretty good.

Mario Williams has been great and has shown to be a smart pick. Again, if the people that voted in this thing checked stats, he would probably be in.

32 / 343 1TD...those are Engrams 3 best games of the year, all 3 games were loses.

i think engram is having a great season but not a pro bowl one.

32 / 343 1TD...those are Engrams 3 best games of the year, all 3 games were loses.

i think engram is having a great season but not a pro bowl one.

I'm not sure I understand your point. The Seahawks lost 5 times this year. Teams pass more in losses than they do in wins, this is nearly uniform. Maybe you're just over my head, but I don't get what you are pecking at. Engram kept the team in those ball games.

How is a 100 catch season not a pro bowl season?? I highly doubt that has ever happened before. He has gutted the interior of every opponent we have played so far this year. I would like to see how the voting breaks down, cause I can almost assure you that the players and coaches would've voted him in, espeically the ones he played against this year. He probably got about zero percent of the fan vote.

How is a 100 catch season not a pro bowl season?? I highly doubt that has ever happened before.

In 2006, Andre Johnson had 103 receptions and didn't make the Probowl. I'm sure I can go back further to find more but I found one just last year. This year it's very likely that Wes Welker has over 100 receptions and he didn't make it either.

EDIT : Went back another year to 2005. Anquan Boldin had 102 receptions and didn't make the Probowl either.

EDIT 2 : 2004 had no 100 reception WRs. 2003 All WRs with 100+ receptions made the Pro Bowl.

2002 Hines Ward 112, Randy Moss 106 and Eric Moulds 100 all missed the Pro Bowl.

Edited by SuperCharger

I'm not sure I understand your point. The Seahawks lost 5 times this year. Teams pass more in losses than they do in wins, this is nearly uniform. Maybe you're just over my head, but I don't get what you are pecking at. Engram kept the team in those ball games.

How is a 100 catch season not a pro bowl season?? I highly doubt that has ever happened before. He has gutted the interior of every opponent we have played so far this year. I would like to see how the voting breaks down, cause I can almost assure you that the players and coaches would've voted him in, espeically the ones he played against this year. He probably got about zero percent of the fan vote.

you do also realize that engram is NOT on pace to eclipse 100 receptions.

I want to add the Bucs D to the snub list. They are 1st in the NFL in points allowed (15.6/game), 2nd in passing yards allowed (174.5), 14th in rushing yards allowed (103.5/game) and 3rd in TDs allowed (13). They deserved a representative.

I think Jermaine Phillips had a strong case at SS. 79 tackles, 1 sack, 4 INT, 2 FF.