[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Professional Cake/Cookie Decorating Gear?

keggerz

Last night my wife said "if i had professional decorating things"....she loves to bake(especially cookies and cupcakes) and she loves to decorate them for whatever the holiday is....any ideas where I can get the professional stuff(icing tips etc)? Like this i think(at least those were the things she was using on the cookies last night when she made that comment)

Would like to get it for Christmas for her if possible

TIA

Last night my wife said "if i had professional decorating things"....she loves to bake(especially cookies and cupcakes) and she loves to decorate them for whatever the holiday is....any ideas where I can get the professional stuff(icing tips etc)? Like this i think(at least those were the things she was using on the cookies last night when she made that comment)

TIA

You should be able to find some of that at Sur La Table.

TIA

If you want to maximize the look (and actual doing of) going all out, Williams Sonoma will have what you need. It will also be pricey.

Perhaps a Cookie Press would be up her alley? It also comes with tips for decorating cakes too.

I've actually heard bad things about cookie presses (dough gets stuck, the cookies don't come out cleanly formed), but it's worth a shot.

Does she have a rotating cake stand? That's very useful for decorating cakes (you want one that's raised, so it's closer to eye level, and rotates, so you can easily swing the cake around while decorating, and I like ones that tip a little, so you can coat the sides of the cake with almonds, coconut, etc...for more money you can get one that's heavy and will also make a nice presentation stand, but it's not as important to the function).

Also, general baking ideas: a Silpat is useful to make sure NOTHING sticks to your cookie sheets (good for sticky cookies, toffee, caramel), silicon baking pans again ensure that your cakes will never stick, a candy thermometer (a necessity for various caramel/sugar products), a marble rolling pin and/or board to roll on (important to help keep dough cold and not-sticky...hm, this seems to be a theme)

--The Sheikette

I'm sure she'd like baking supplies, but the best cooking book I ever got didn't have any recipes in it. It's Alton Brown's Gear for the Kitchen. I've bought many things from kitchen supply sites online.

I don't do a ton of baking. I hate having to be precise while I cook. I'd check out some online kitchen supply sites. I can't remember the ones I've used. I get catalogs from a couple of them now. They're good for looking through and getting ideas.

picked up a small set from ATECO(sp?) but the good news is that the Chef that owns the restaurant (A Chef's Kitchen) next to my store said he can order me a mac daddy set at wholesale after the holidays(wouldnt have gotten here in time so thats why i got the small one for now)

FWIW: i got them at some kitchen outlet...and for bier and other chefs check out A Chef's Kitchen web site....pretty interesting deal..also when you look at the picture the far awning(maroonish) is the entrance to our store(before we took it over, the awning is the same but a new sign and some nice plants) :D

just finished wrapping all my wifes gifts and as soon as she finishes up we are gonna go exchange gifts

Merry Christmas everyone!

Edited by keggerz

picked up a small set from ATECO(sp?) but the good news is that the Chef that owns the restaurant (A Chef's Kitchen) next to my store said he can order me a mac daddy set at wholesale after the holidays(wouldnt have gotten here in time so thats why i got the small one for now)

FWIW: i got them at some kitchen outlet...and for bier and other chefs check out A Chef's Kitchen web site....pretty interesting deal..also when you look at the picture the far awning(maroonish) is the entrance to our store(before we took it over, the awning is the same but a new sign and some nice plants) :D

just finished wrapping all my wifes gifts and as soon as she finishes up we are gonna go exchange gifts

Merry Christmas everyone!

Your awning looks awesome. :D