[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lance Briggs FA in doubt?

Randall

Lance Briggs' status for the Bears' season finale is in doubt due to a hip injury.

Briggs wants to return to ensure that he has played in 75% of all snaps, thus preventing the Bears from placing the franchise tag on him once again, thus preventing what will surely be a big payday.

Source: Chicago Sun Times

Would they hold him out?

Bears LB Lance Briggs says that he will play Sunday despite a hip injury that kept him out last week.

Briggs could be playing in his last game as a Bear. Meanwhile, CB Nathan Vasher appears doubtful for the game. Vasher has managed just one game since injuring his groin back in Week 3.

Expect him to leave - this 'injury' appears to be nothing more than an "I made it through the year helthy and don't want to risk anything for my FA period."

I say he leaves for the simple reason that because he's UFA and the Bears promised not to Tag him (which is basically the same promise given to TJ before 2006 which they honored) and he will be offered more than the Bears can afford - especially since they have a bit of depth at LB - Jamar Williams and Okwo and have developed all types of needs on the offense where the money needs to be spent.