[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Conference Bowl Records

theeohiostate

you can try as you might to throw the focus off your sorry arse PAC10 teams, but the fact remains, the PAC10 regular season 1st place finisher ASU got punked. In fact UCLA and ASU both favorites lost. Oregon had only given up 1 TD all season in the 1st quarter in PAC 10 play, goes up against a decent team like Maryland :cough: :laugh: and gives up an opening drive TD.

Your never going to be a man and admit your foolishnish pimping every PAC10 team all season, now that they've fallen on their faces.

Fact is Michigan St is the worst BIG10 team in the bowls and if tiebreakers are considerend they finished 9th in the BIG 10 and almost took out #14 BC. We have taken care of our business and represented well, so keep up with your sorryass...exscuses and look more like the tool, we've all come to know you for :D

Your continues attempts to deflect attention from that sorryass conference you've pimped all season, is obviously being noticed.

you do realize USC won the Pac 10, and that is why they are in the Rose Bowl right? can we deal with reality here? stop with ASU being the #1 Pac 10 team

yer the one that makes same ass excuses- my point was simply that yes. it looks like when all is said and done- the Big 12 was stronger, as well as the SEC-

losing Dixon crushed Oregon, who would be playing for the NC - and the Pac 10 did fade -

although I am not sure how a 1-2 record = "fallen on their faces"

still doesn't change the fact the Big 10 has been down for the past 2 years

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

although I am not sure how a 1-2 record = "fallen on their faces"

They were favored in both games they lost weren't they? They should have lost the Maryland game as well.

You can't have it both ways, suggesting the Big 10 is down because the mediocre teams don't perform, while pimping the Pac 10 and no one outside of USC is worth a chit. I'd take Illinois , Wiscosin and Michigan over any Pac 10 team other then USC at this point in the season to win a game.

make up yer mind- MSU gets a pat on the back for a "Great effort and loss" but OSU gets a beat down for winning a game? get outta here with this lame BS -

yer point is 100% wrong on MSU- I watched alot of Big 10 games this year and MSU was one of the better teams in your conference, period. They were in almost every game, suffered a few close losses and actually had some playmakers.

yer excuse about them being the 9th best teasm in the Big 10 is flat out lame, ignorant, and just not accurate

Got to agree with Wildcat again. I played in 5 bowl contests and picked Michigan State in 4 of them. I watched them a lot this year and felt that they were one of the top 4 teams in the Big 10, for you to suggest that they were the 9th "worst" team in the Big 10 shows why you get little, or no, Cred in here.

I vote for this one. One bad coaching decision away (Booty's broken thumb vs. Stanford) from being in the NC title game again this year. We USC fans are being spoiled, but I don't think the Pac10 is a great conference. But then again, its not horrible either - if QB Dixon was still healthy, I think the Ducks would be in N.O. and the favored team over OSU, with USC still in the Rose. But sh*t happens, just like it is happening in the bowls.

Enjoy everybody, and Happy New Years to all...

I think it's a good conference. If Oregon had Dixon, they'd be huge favorites in this game but then again, they'd probably have been in the Rose Bowl if they had him. Can't explain why Cal was down this year. I think Tedford has had them playing really well in the past several years. I also am not sure why Dennis' ASU team didn't come out stormin in the Holiday Bowl as his teams usually kick butt in Bowls. I think they were kinda deflated after not winning conference and no one seems to like going to the Holiday Bowl. It's like playing in the consolation game in your fantasy league.

yer excuse about them being the 9th best teasm in the Big 10 is flat out lame, ignorant, and just not accurate

Check the standings my man. You're opinion doesn't carry a whole lot of weight when the Big 10 standings say Mich St is 9th.

Got to agree with Wildcat again. I played in 5 bowl contests and picked Michigan State in 4 of them. I watched them a lot this year and felt that they were one of the top 4 teams in the Big 10, for you to suggest that they were the 9th "worst" team in the Big 10 shows why you get little, or no, Cred in here.

Figures you'd agree with a guy who is wrong and can be proven so with actual win/loss records and rankings. And if you picked Mich St to beat BC in 4 of 5 bowl contests then you are, let's just say, not too savvy. Mich St is easily the most inconsistent, fall to the occasion team in the Big Ten...maybe in the country.

I think it's a good conference. If Oregon had Dixon, they'd be huge favorites in this game but then again, they'd probably have been in the Rose Bowl if they had him. Can't explain why Cal was down this year. I think Tedford has had them playing really well in the past several years. I also am not sure why Dennis' ASU team didn't come out stormin in the Holiday Bowl as his teams usually kick butt in Bowls. I think they were kinda deflated after not winning conference and no one seems to like going to the Holiday Bowl. It's like playing in the consolation game in your fantasy league.

ASU "didn't come out stormin" because they aren't very good. They played 2(3 now) good teams all year and lost all three.

Edited by BS Miscreant

Check the standings my man. You're opinion doesn't carry a whole lot of weight when the Big 10 standings say Mich St is 9th.

Figures you'd agree with a guy who is wrong and can be proven so with actual win/loss records and rankings. And if you picked Mich St to beat BC in 4 of 5 bowl contests then you are, let's just say, not too savvy. Mich St is easily the most inconsistent, fall to the occasion team in the Big Ten...maybe in the country.

ASU "didn't come out stormin" because they aren't very good. They played 2(3 now) good teams all year and lost all three.

Clearly, your uneducated. :D

here we go.....really? maybe you should take another look.

Mich St., Purdue, Indiana and NW all were 3-5. MSU beat Purdue and Ind, and lost to NW.

they had close losses to Mich, WIsky and OSU, and beat PU. Most knowledgeable Big 10 football fans would agree that MSU was in the 4-6 range in the Big 10. But my hat is off them to for a heckuva loss.

here we go.....really? maybe you should take another look.

Mich St., Purdue, Indiana and NW all were 3-5. MSU beat Purdue and Ind, and lost to NW.

they had close losses to Mich, WIsky and OSU, and beat PU. Most knowledgeable Big 10 football fans would agree that MSU was in the 4-6 range in the Big 10. But my hat is off them to for a heckuva loss.

Yes, all four have the same conference record and yes MSU beat Purdue and Ind and lost to NW. However, in the standings (on the big 10 website, espn.com, foxsports.com, etc...) you will see that they are 9th. Why?

Again, like you said, MSU was 2-1 against that group of four but NW was also 2-1 against that group of four and one of their wins was against MSU.

Also, MSU beat Indiana, who beat Purdue, who beat NW, who beat MSU

The above eliminates head-to-head as a tie-breaker.

Although I appreciate your analysis of their quality losses, the Big 10 standings do not. I'm quite certain that there is more to the standings calculation than we are discussing here but the fact remains, everywhere you go to see the standings MSU is 9th.

darin...............I'm hot on your arse for the lead , the Wisc/Tenn game is HUGH for us !

If the Big 10 beats up on another overhyped SEC team , that'll put me in the lead. I realize Wisc, like every other SEC opponent this bowl season, has to travel into SEC country as an underdog, but the Badgers will put a beatdown on the Vols................that is unless their superhuman SEC speed overwhelmes them.

Who won the Clemson/Auburn game ?

I realize there was a tie in regulation and Auburn won the OT session, but who won the game..........................I defer to Les Miles for the answer.

Nice try.....Les said that they did not LOSE in regulation, not that they won every game in regulation....big difference.

The SEC goes 5-0 , but let's not forget, the homefield advantages and help from the refs as Wisconsin was robbed BIGTIME!

The loser of the Appalation St - Michigan game leads Florida 21-14 even though they're playing @ Florida with 2 TO's in scoring position.

The SEC goes 5-0 , but let's not forget, the homefield advantages and help from the refs as Wisconsin was robbed BIGTIME!

The loser of the Appalation St - Michigan game leads Florida 21-14 even though they're playing @ Florida with 2 TO's in scoring position.

:D