[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL PLAYOFF SLEEPER TEAM?

mrbass24

Ok we all know your BIG DOG favorites. Who do you think COULD play a sleeper/ upset role this year?

Yes maybe not a under dog, but I would fear the JAGS. There passing game is coming around and there running game,,,well,,, you know.

there the 5th seed so if they win wildcard weekend, baring a crasy win out of TENN or CLEVE they will go to NE.

Am I the only one who thinks they could pull the upset off? In what could be horrific weather?

Or what your team to play spoiler?

Ok we all know your BIG DOG favorites. Who do you think COULD play a sleeper/ upset role this year?

Yes maybe not a under dog, but I would fear the JAGS. There passing game is coming around and there running game,,,well,,, you know.

there the 5th seed so if they win wildcard weekend, baring a crasy win out of TENN or CLEVE they will go to NE.

Am I the only one who thinks they could pull the upset off? In what could be horrific weather?

Or what your team to play spoiler?

I agree with you on the AFL side. In the NFC I think TB could pull an upset. NO ONE is talking about them and they've queitly improved they last few weeks especially on defense.

Yeah but how's Garcia's back, I think it depends on him.

On the NFC side I Don't see a clear cut FAVORITE anymore, Dallas isn't going to the SUPER BOWL.

Thats right mark it, write it down, what ever they will lose there first playoff game who ever it is.

I agree with you on the AFL side. In the NFC I think TB could pull an upset. NO ONE is talking about them and they've queitly improved they last few weeks especially on defense.

I like TB as well, and as much as I think Green Bay is overrated, I don't see Tampa winning in Lambeau in January.

That's true. Watch out for Seattle too.

Have to go with JAX. They run the ball very well, stop the run well, and Garard has turned into a legit no-mistake QB. They're peaking at exactly the right time, and that win at PIT in the lousy weather has to boost the entire team's belief that they can go anywhere & win. This is a team that no one wants to catch in the playoffs.

I'd like MIN as a huge sleeper if they could just play even mediocre pass D.

I like TB as well, and as much as I think Green Bay is overrated, I don't see Tampa winning in Lambeau in January.

You may be right. I think TB's running game is built for Lambeau and their defense could stop GB's passing and run attack. I'd love to see them go there and knock off GB.

That's true. Watch out for Seattle too.

I don't think SEA scares anyone. They aren't playing great football. I'm not sure excatly what it is with them, but they don't seem to scare anyone in the NFL, not even in there division. Two years ago, they were a tough team, today they are a middle of the pack NFC team which equals the bottom of the AFC in perfomance IMO.

I don't think SEA scares anyone. They aren't playing great football. I'm not sure excatly what it is with them, but they don't seem to scare anyone in the NFL, not even in there division. Two years ago, they were a tough team, today they are a middle of the pack NFC team which equals the bottom of the AFC in perfomance IMO.

Petty close to the definition of sleeper.

I don't agree. Their passing attack has revitalized that team. They need Hackett imo.

I don't see anyone beating them at Qwest even though I would like to see Minnesota go there and try. Their passing attack matches up pretty well against Dallas. GB would be a little harder.

Two years ago, they were a tough team, today they are a middle of the pack NFC team which equals the bottom of the AFC in perfomance IMO.

In general, Seattle has been playing almost as well or as well on both sides of the ball as Green Bay and Dallas (actually Seattle and Green Bay are both better defensively than Dallas)the last half of the season. And I disagree, outside of New England and Indy, that there is that big of a gap of quality teams skewed into one conference as much as recent years.

Edited by bushwacked

I'm not sure Jax qualifies as a sleeper - considering everyone and their grandma has been talking about how great they are playing and how they are a sleeper pick in teh playoffs, outside of the fact they are a wildcard, not much sleeping being done there.

In the AFC, if anyone but NE, Ind or Jax beats any of those three, will be a big upset. Team I wouldn't rule out is San Diego if Rivers can pluck his head from his ass - not saying they'll get to the SB, but they may win one upset.

In the NFC, recent play by Dal and GB means no team should be counted out. I like Seattle, don't like Tampa much just because while I've said they are good at everything (and they are), they aren't really great at anything and outside of a Giants team lookig to get beat by 40, doubt they can beat anyone else in the playoffs.

As much as it pains me to say, I wouldn't count out Wash from making it at least to the Conf Champ...

I would say the Jags big time..On the NFC side Seattle..Lack of running game hurts them but when the passing game is clicking there its very good and they play good opportunistic D. I am very happy with the Cowboys season this year..Young, Fast and talented but I hate the way they ended the year. If they play with that same intensity the ended the year with they could get bounced..I think they will play better..I am not comparing them to the Pats but the Pats won a lot of close games and didnt do as much blowing out teams as they did early in the year either. I would love to see Dallas get that offensive groove back that they had earlier. The playoffs will be great. I think the NFC rep will be between Dallas GB or Sea..

The loss to CAR notwithstanding, they've been playing much better over the second half. Sure, they can't run the ball for crap anymore, but their defense has really stepped up. I don't put them at the same level as Dallas, but they're not far behind Green Bay at this point, IMO.

In general, Seattle has been playing almost as well or as well on both sides of the ball as Green Bay and Dallas (actually Seattle and Green Bay are both better defensively than Dallas)the last half of the season. And I disagree, outside of New England and Indy, that there is that big of a gap of quality teams skewed into one conference as much as recent years.

21-0 :D

Any of the lower seeded teams that can run the ball well, get a few efficient games from QB, and play average to good defense...

Jax and Tampa definitely have all 3.

There a few lower seeded teams that have 1 or 2 of the above (Seattle, Pitt, Giants, and, if they make it, Titans/Skins or Vikes) but that's not likely enough to be a true sleeper and knock off a higher seeded team.

Edited by kingfish247

sure its a possibility but i think the Pats are better at the colts type of game than the colts are right now ...as good as colts offense is , with no healthy Marvin i do not think they could outsling the pats / keep up with the Pats

You think so?

The Pats barely won the last time they played. Ugoh and Marvin were both out that game and Gonzalez is a better player now. Marvin is healthier and would play. They have been saving him for the playoffs.

sure its a possibility but i think the Pats are better at the colts type of game than the colts are right now ...as good as colts offense is , with no healthy Marvin i do not think they could outsling the pats / keep up with the Pats

I believe that they've been holding Marvin out as a precaution and I'd expect to see him back in the playoffs. Not having a healthy Freeney is the bigger problem, IMO.

The Chargers are a good team, but they've seriously regressed on both sides of the ball since last year (when they couldn't beat an inferior Pats team). The Colts defense is specifically designed to not give up the deep (15+ yd) pass, which matches them up well against this year's Pats offense. I think that they're going to have problems pressuring Brady without sending Sanders on blitzes, but I still think that they have the best chance of taking NE down.

Edited by Bill Swerski

You think so?

The Pats barely won the last time they played. Ugoh and Marvin were both out that game and Gonzalez is a better player now. Marvin is healthier and would play. They have been saving him for the playoffs.

Gonzalez also missed most of that game. Moorehead played flanker and a practice squad guy played the slot.