[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Prepare to be amazed

GWPFFL BrianW

I was considering watching this game, but then i remembered it was an SEC team playing and figured with so much speed, UCF probably won't even show up anyhow. Mark it down

Miss St 174

UCF 1

Speed kills...........and this is no ordinary speed. While the 40 times of SEC teams are in line with all of conferences in the country and it doesn't translate to the NFL, they get there speed by being in the SEC, as Superman does by getting closer to the Sun. Accept it and move on, they have Superman speed while playing in the SEC, too bad it disappears when they go pro :D

I was considering watching this game, but then i remembered it was an SEC team playing and figured with so much speed, UCF probably won't even show up anyhow. Mark it down

Miss St 174

UCF 1

Speed kills...........and this is no ordinary speed. While the 40 times of SEC teams are in line with all of conferences in the country and it doesn't translate to the NFL, they get there speed by being in the SEC, as Superman does by getting closer to the Sun. Accept it and move on, they have Superman speed while playing in the SEC, too bad it disappears when they go pro :D

:D Then why did you pick UCF to win in the pool pick 'em?

... Accept it and move on, they have Superman speed while playing in the SEC, too bad it disappears when they go pro :D

Given this remark, I thought you, and everyone else for that matter, might find this interesting. Keep in mind I am not an SEC guy.

SEC leads other conferences in NFL starters

Conference accounts for 16.9 percent of starters

Jonathan Finney

Issue date: 9/14/07 Section: Sports

PrintEmail DoubleClick Any Word Page 1 of 3 next > Perhaps "Southeastern Conference" is not an appropriate name for the nation's Southern football powerhouse.

Maybe "Structure of Emphatic Consistency" better describes a conference that has systematically churned out NFL prospects and standouts.

And as of week one of the 2007 NFL season, pro teams rely more on former SEC players than they do on players from any other conference.

Out of 768 possible starters among the 32 teams of the NFL, 130 starters hail from SEC schools, which accounts for 16.9 percent of the league's starters.

The data was compiled from each NFL team's depth chart to open the 2007 season. Each starter received his conference designation based on his school's current conference, not necessarily the same as the conference when he left for the NFL.

NFL Draft analyst Mike Detillier said he was not surprised that former SEC players have entrenched themselves in the world's premier football league. He said the conference's commitment to excellence has provided a launching pad from which its former players jump into the league.

"Winning teams produce a tremendous amount of pro players," Detillier said. "It's shuffled all over the league what SEC football does to the league."

The effects former SEC players have on the NFL have certainly been far-reaching. Each team in the NFL starts at least one former SEC player, a distinction that no other conference in the nation can claim.

The conference with the next highest total is the Atlantic Coast Conference, which links 113 starters to its name. The Big 10 Conference ranks third with 112 starters and the Big 12 and Pac-10 conferences round out the top five, with 87 and 81 former players as starters, respectively.

Edited by BS Miscreant

Well, I'm not amazed in the least. A weakass Conf.USA team holding it's own agasint a mighty SEC team who knocked off Alabama, Auburn and KY and finished .500 in the conference.

Hell they can't even move the ball agains UCF who gave up about 30PPG in Conf.USA .

...by the way Conf. USA is 1-3 in bowl games this season. If the mighty SEC doesn't win this game by 20 points it's a complete slap in the face for that conference.

Well, I'm not amazed in the least. A weakass Conf.USA team holding it's own agasint a mighty SEC team who knocked off Alabama, Auburn and KY and finished .500 in the conference.

Hell they can't even move the ball agains UCF who gave up about 30PPG in Conf.USA .

...by the way Conf. USA is 1-3 in bowl games this season. If the mighty SEC doesn't win this game by 20 points it's a complete slap in the face for that conference.

I'm shocked that MSU beat Alabama, Auburn and Kentucky. How the heck did that happen?

Big time defensive battle here. First team to score a TD has to win it.

Big time defensive battle here. First team to score a TD has to win it.

that's what is funny ! UCF doesn't even have a defense as displayed all season long, giving up 40's , 50's and 60 point games. While Miss St put up over 30 ppg against several SEC opponents. SEC let down has commenced.

Edited by theeohiostate

that's what is funny ! UCF doesn't even have a defense as displayed all season long, giving up 40's , 50's and 60 point games. While Miss St put up over 30 ppg against several SEC opponents. SEC let down has commenced.

Devil's advocate here... could it be that Conference USA is better than people are giving them credit for? :D

Devil's advocate here... could it be that Conference USA is better than people are giving them credit for? :D

They are 1-3 in bowl games this year.............They have their chance this bowl season to prove your point and have failed.

Conference USA 1-3

---East Carolina over Boise St. 41-38

---Southern Miss loses to Cincinnati 21-31

---Memphis loses to Florida Atlantic 27-44

---Houston loses to TCU 14-20

All evenly matched competition and they didn't get the W's

Edited by theeohiostate

The conference with the next highest total is the Atlantic Coast Conference, which links 113 starters to its name. The Big 10 Conference ranks third with 112 starters

:D How does the heinous, slow, talent-poor Big Ten manage to be 3rd by a whisker behind the ACC superconference, and WAAAAY ahead of the Big 12 and Pac-10?

I call shenanigans. :D

They are 1-3 in bowl games this year.............They have their chance this bowl season to prove your point and have failed.

Conference USA 1-3

---East Carolina over Boise St. 41-38

---Southern Miss loses to Cincinnati 21-31

---Memphis loses to Florida Atlantic 27-44

---Houston loses to TCU 14-20

All evenly matched competition and they didn't get the W's

You're talking about C-USA's more mediocre teams here, I think. Well, Houston had a decent record but faced a much better TCU squad. I dunno, just trying to make sense of this game. I only saw MSU play once this season and they didn't look good at all. So this isn't that much of a surprise to me. :D

You're talking about C-USA's more mediocre teams here, I think. Well, Houston had a decent record but faced a much better TCU squad. I dunno, just trying to make sense of this game. I only saw MSU play once this season and they didn't look good at all. So this isn't that much of a surprise to me. :D

I agree with the point of no surprise. What a shocker it must be for SEC fans however.........how the mighty have began to fall.

I agree with the point of no surprise. What a shocker it must be for SEC fans however.........how the mighty have began to fall.

I'm no SEC fan, although I will say I think they're getting lambasted a bit too harshly and do root for LSU due to family ties. Now, I am no Rockerbraves, so don't peg me that way. But I think the more elite SEC teams will perform well in their bowl games, culminating with an LSU win over OSU. Won't be a blowout like last year, that's for sure.... but LSU should escape with a 3-7 point win. :D

UCF almost pulls off a miracle against a MUCH faster and far superior SEC team. With that much speed Miss.St should have won by 20............rather poor start for the best conference in the history of mankind......we expected MUCH better !

Miss St. scored 10 points against the mighty Central Florida defense :D

conference USA is now 1-4 in bowl games...........weak ! ! They handed the SEC a freebee game by this matchup and they somehow almost managed to blow it.

Edited by theeohiostate