[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Prepare to be amazed

GWPFFL BrianW

........and your Badgers know this well, getting ran all over in their win against Gerogia in last year's bowl. :D

No, Arky ran all over them last year, and Auburn the year before that....

...oh wait, no, they stuffed the Hogs and Brian Calhoun "slowed" his way to 200+ yds against the Tigers. Maybe the Dawgs can finally beat the mediocre, inferior Badgers THIS year...third time is the charm, right? :D

Well, I'm not amazed in the least. A weakass Conf.USA team holding it's own agasint a mighty SEC team who knocked off Alabama, Auburn and KY and finished .500 in the conference.

Hell they can't even move the ball agains UCF who gave up about 30PPG in Conf.USA .

...by the way Conf. USA is 1-3 in bowl games this season. If the mighty SEC doesn't win this game by 20 points it's a complete slap in the face for that conference.

UCF almost pulls off a miracle against a MUCH faster and far superior SEC team. With that much speed Miss.St should have won by 20............rather poor start for the best conference in the history of mankind......we expected MUCH better !

Miss St. scored 10 points against the mighty Central Florida defense :D

conference USA is now 1-4 in bowl games...........weak ! ! They handed the SEC a freebee game by this matchup and they somehow almost managed to blow it.

I'm wondering if you would have taken a 10-3 win last January? A win is a win and a loss is a loss (I have deep insight). Certainly is a lot of hate for the SEC. You know, the Patriots would have 2-3 losses if they played in the SEC.

No, Arky ran all over them last year, and Auburn the year before that....

...oh wait, no, they stuffed the Hogs and Brian Calhoun "slowed" his way to 200+ yds against the Tigers. Maybe the Dawgs can finally beat the mediocre, inferior Badgers THIS year...third time is the charm, right? :D

Of course, the dogs aren't playing the Badgers this year either. That would be the Vols.

Another thing, nothing reeks of an inferiority complex more than the manner in which TOSU carries on when it comes to the SEC. The Big 10 in general? They certainly have nothing to be ashamed of in terms of the SEC. OSU? Please. You've been their bitch plain and simple for some time now. The numbers simply don't lie. Save the jokes about how much faster the SEC is to people who root for teams that didn't get completely burned by the exact speed you lampoon in last year's NC game. If you guys step up and take care of LSU this year...While that doesn't exactly make up for the SEC losing streak you've endured, at least you won't sound quite as asinine when you joke about the SEC.

Of course, you'll over-state how great "everyone" thinks LSU is because there just so happens to be a hugely vocal LSU fan on this board. Me? I'm a huge SEC guy but have made it very clear that I'm not convinced either OSU or LSU are the two best teams in the country. The SEC has shown itself to be the deepest conference this year but I don't think we have an elite team in the bunch. It certainly isn't my Vols, despite the fact that they gave LSU all they could handle in the Championship game. I don't know, maybe it's GA, but those same Vols made them look silly.

So, TOSU, keep it up, you're as good at hedging your bets as OSU is playing the BCS game.

So, TOSU, keep it up, you're as good at hedging your bets as OSU is playing the BCS game.

OSU won't come within 20 of LSU base on speed alone. Just ask Rockers he'll tell you all about it, he maybe even seach Youtube for support :D

Edited by theeohiostate

Of course, the dogs aren't playing the Badgers this year either. That would be the Vols.

:D

At least I'm not the only person who's fuzzy on UW's bowl game this year.

The Vols are weaker than UGA, so that's a good thing. Dawgs would kill the Badgers.

that's what is funny ! UCF doesn't even have a defense as displayed all season long, giving up 40's , 50's and 60 point games. While Miss St put up over 30 ppg against several SEC opponents. SEC let down has commenced.

I thought your numbers were a bit out of whack and dude, if you're gonna take poetic license with your claims try not to make them of the statistical nature. That's way to easy to refute especially when you're not even close.

UCF gave up 27 points a game and that's including 52 and 64(USF) in two of them. They gave up more than 30 twice more this season and one of those was to Texas. Mississippi St on the other hand averaged 22 pts per game scoring 30 or more versus SEC opponents exactly twice against the defensive powers that are Kentucky and Arkansas. The closest they came to 30 other than that was 21.

They are 1-3 in bowl games this year.............They have their chance this bowl season to prove your point and have failed.

Conference USA 1-3

---East Carolina over Boise St. 41-38

---Southern Miss loses to Cincinnati 21-31

---Memphis loses to Florida Atlantic 27-44

---Houston loses to TCU 14-20

All evenly matched competition and they didn't get the W's

Cincinnati and Florida Atlantic are both much better than Southern Miss and Memphis so calling these evenly matched is a more than a bit of a stretch. And there one win against Boise St isn't all bad in my book.

I thought your numbers were a bit out of whack and dude, if you're gonna take poetic license with your claims try not to make them of the statistical nature. That's way to easy to refute especially when you're not even close.

UCF gave up 27 points a game and that's including 52 and 64(USF) in two of them. They gave up more than 30 twice more this season and one of those was to Texas. Mississippi St on the other hand averaged 22 pts per game scoring 30 or more versus SEC opponents exactly twice against the defensive powers that are Kentucky and Arkansas. The closest they came to 30 other than that was 21.

Cincinnati and Florida Atlantic are both much better than Southern Miss and Memphis so calling these evenly matched is a more than a bit of a stretch. And there one win against Boise St isn't all bad in my book.

You failed to disprove anything i said in my original post. The fact is Miss St scored over 30 in several SEC games. More then 1 is several by anyone's account.

UCF gave up games of 40, 50 and 60 points games on defense. All of which are true and only confirm my original post. Please tell me again that any of this is not true?

You failed to disprove anything i said in my original post. The fact is Miss St scored over 30 in several SEC games. More then 1 is several by anyone's account.

UCF gave up games of 40, 50 and 60 points games on defense. All of which are true and only confirm my original post. Please tell me again that any of this is not true?

A couple is 2 and anything more is a few or several or even many but it may be a regional thing so if you can get 5 people on this board to agree that 2 = several I will concede this point.

The UCF thing is just wrong. Yes they did give up 50 once and 60 once but they never gave up a score in the 40s. That's a statement that is just not true. Now for the obvious intent of the remark... The exact quote was "UCF doesn't even have a defense as displayed all season long, giving up 40's , 50's and 60 point games." They played 13 games and they had 2 really bad ones. That does not justify "all season long". Take away the 2 awful games and they gave up 22/game. Even with the blowouts, they gave up 27 and when you're scoring 41 that's pretty solid.

Several is defined as a number more than two or three but not many.

SEC has already won a couple of bowl games.

Big 10 has several slow teams.

Ohio State has many losses to SEC teams.

Anyway I think we are all missing the real story of this year's Liberty Bowl. What I witnessed was a lower tier SEC team nearly shutting out an offensive minded conference champion that averaged scoring over 30 points a game. :D

Several is defined as a number more than two or three but not many.

SEC has already won a couple of bowl games.

Big 10 has several slow teams.

Ohio State has many losses to SEC teams.

Anyway I think we are all missing the real story of this year's Liberty Bowl. What I witnessed was a lower tier SEC team nearly shutting out an offensive minded conference champion that averaged scoring over 30 points a game. :D

I saw that lower tiered SEC team just simply overmatch that mid-major with incredible SEC Speed. Saw the same thing with Alabama running circles around Colorado (not to mention outcoaching). Look for more of the same today, as Kentucky and Auburn on tap today.

I saw that lower tiered SEC team just simply overmatch that mid-major with incredible SEC Speed. Saw the same thing with Alabama running circles around Colorado (not to mention outcoaching). Look for more of the same today, as Kentucky and Auburn on tap today.

Difference in these games today and in the Liberty Bowl is that the SEC will be playing against teams from the Southeastern part of the country. :D

Edited by Rockerbraves

One word

Grits ..........it's a southern tradition. This can also explain the fact the southern women are more beautiful then any other in the world.

We need some grits up in these here parts.

Although playing in SEC coutry and having home field advantage may having something to do with that as well. It's amazing that the South and West get virtual home field advantage every year and it's not discussed. Why won't these wink wink lover boy from the south come up and play in some snow.............they get punked, that's why. :D

Edited by theeohiostate

Appears the speed culped with home field advantage and an unbalanced opponent has fed the frenzy of the SEC this season. It's a good thing, they get gut checked by the Big 10 with Wisconsin and OSU..........otherwise people might believe the foolery of some on this forum.

If the SEC can't handle both Wisconsin on OSU, 2 of the slowest programs in the country, then they are a and then when I wore my first dressing JOKE!!

Edited by theeohiostate