[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Perfection

keggerz

"Perfection" is used far too often. Kickers who barely make kicks, QB who throw anywhere near a receiver are said to have perfect placement.

That said both teams represented themselves and the league very well last night.

Cudos to both. So much for athletes being called greedy and caring only about money. They represented the game very well last night. :D

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very impressive. Congratulations to the Patriots. Brady is the ultimate clutch player and took it to another level this year with the additions of Moss and Welker. I had to chuckle at the tape the NFL Network dug up before the game showing Brady at the NFL combine doing his weigh in with his shirt off and looking a bit awkward running the 40-yard dash. Not sure if he could've got the time of day from Giselle back then.

Very impressive. Congratulations to the Patriots. Brady is the ultimate clutch player and took it to another level this year with the additions of Moss and Welker. I had to chuckle at the tape the NFL Network dug up before the game showing Brady at the NFL combine doing his weigh in with his shirt off and looking a bit awkward running the 40-yard dash. Not sure if he could've got the time of day from Giselle back then.

are you implying that he has used PED's?

Let me ask something here to hopefully clear this up. What does this do to the Fins perfect season of 1972? Do the Pats have to win out to even be on the same page or is the feat already accomplished?

And, although I'm not a Pats fan by any means, I absolutely have to give them props for a *16-0 regular season.

Let me ask something here to hopefully clear this up. What does this do to the Fins perfect season of 1972? Do the Pats have to win out to even be on the same page or is the feat already accomplished?

And, although I'm not a Pats fan by any means, I absolutely have to give them props for a **16-0 regular season.

Gotta love DMD's filter putting an asterisk when you type in *16-0. :D

And, although I'm not a Pats fan by any means, I absolutely have to give them props for a **16-0 regular season.

At the moment the Pats have joined three other teams who have had undefeated regular seasons....and gives them the top spot with 16 wins. They do not have to win out to be ranked at the top for 'regular' seasons.

However, they have to win out to be considered as better than '72 Miami. At least that is what seems to be the POV from just about every person who has something to say on the subject. And I have to agree with that. No SB victory...no perfect/undefeated season.... no glory.

* For this season, past seasons and all future seasons until Bel - I - Cheat is gone. At leasst in this and many other fans minds.

Mc B :D:D g

Edited by McBoog

" * " For this season, past seasons and all future seasons until Bel -I - Cheat is gone. At leasst in this and many other fans minds.

Eh....who coined the term "if you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin' "?

I've seen some sentiment that people would "like to see the '72 Dolphins play the '07 Pats."

Now, I think the Dolphins achievement is definitely something to be proud of, and I don't want to slight them in any way, but given the advances in strength/speed training, nutrition, and football strategy, I think that the only people this theoretical matchup would be entertaining for would be the pig devilz and UglyTunas of the world.

If nothing else, the 250-ish, naturally strong lines of the early 70s would get crushed by the weight-trained 300+ pound post-millennium behemoths. And if you can't hold up on the lines, it's game over.

Eh....who coined the term "if you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin' "?

Actually... I think it was me after a Bel-I-Cheat coaching school for Pop Warner teams :D:D

Nice job beating MIami twice, The Jets twice, and Buffalo twice. GOOD thing you dont have to play the Eagles twice, the Cowboys, twice, and the Redskins twice. Get real Brady, it was too easy and might not have happened if you were in any other division.

* For this season, past seasons and all future seasons until Bel - I - Cheat is gone. At leasst in this and many other fans minds.

Mc B :D:D g

Meh, knowledgeable can appreciate what the Pats accomplished this season. I still can't decide if the haters are any less tiresome than the Pig Devilish homers.

I've seen some sentiment that people would "like to see the '72 Dolphins play the '07 Pats."

Now, I think the Dolphins achievement is definitely something to be proud of, and I don't want to slight them in any way, but given the advances in strength/speed training, nutrition, and football strategy, I think that the only people this theoretical matchup would be entertaining for would be the pig devilz and UglyTunas of the world.

If nothing else, the 250-ish, naturally strong lines of the early 70s would get crushed by the weight-trained 300+ pound post-millennium behemoths. And if you can't hold up on the lines, it's game over.

Dude, I think most of those players are in their 60s and 70s. The Pats would pwn them.

Meh, knowledgeable can appreciate what the Pats accomplished this season. I still can't decide if the haters are any less tiresome than the Pig Devilish homers.

I don't care who ya are, when you look at the standings and see "16-0", if you don't go :D at least a little bit, you suck.

I think I have made my stance clear on *16-0; i.e. it means nothing unless the Pats get the ring.

Having said that ... to dimish their season by calling them cheaters is ludicrous. It is clear to me that the whole goal of this season was to prove they did not need to cheat to win ... and they rolled over teams to prove it.

If they do get to 19-0 they will have earned it and no asterick will be required.

well keggerz, you showed some class for starting this thread...props

same goes for all the members who came through in the end when it mattered

and realize how impressive it is to not not lose a game all season.

i would have been here last night, but as you can imagine, i had some celebrating to do!

:D