[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

As a giants fan let me say .....

isleseeya

Of course the weather conditions effected both teams, that's the point. *Keggerz fishing trip about the Pats "only" winning three games by 3 points making them look less that stellar is ridiculous.

And yes, they certainly did play above their heads. How does a Baltimore team that takes the undefeated Pats down to the wire, who should have won, lose to Miami? If the Ravens and the Eagles played all season the way they played the Pats, they would have been in the playoffs. And the Giants would have won their division. If you don't think teams find a little extra in the tank when they play a game of that magnitude, you're as crazy as *keggerz.

I dont think the Patriots are as good as their hype and run up the scores lead everyone to believe.Maybe the patriots were the ones playing above their heads earliier in the year.

Crazy?

Which game do you think the Giants are more likely to find a little extra in the tank for ,the Patriots game or the second Dallas Game?

Ill take off my hater glasses and say they are indeed a great team,can you take of your homer glasses and say the media worship may not be 100% correct?

Lets be honest,Brady and Moss got their records because they did what no other team has done before,ran up the score when the game was out of reach with their starters in.If players in the past had done that,the records would have been higher.So dont expect me to bow down to superficial stats and place them above every other team in the league.They could very well win the Superbowl,but they are unbeaten,not unbeatable.

When they blow someone out its because they are great,but when its close it is because the other team played above their heads.Thats pathetic.

Why not just say they are a great team and won some close games along the way instead of making excuses for winning?

Edited by xtra

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do the records have to do with how impressive or unimpressive they looked against other teams? :D

I'm saying they didn't look their best the past 6 games, as was said, but they set records during that season. So it would have been scary if they scored 52 every week.

Lets be honest,Brady and Moss got their records because they did what no other team has done before,ran up the score when the game was out of reach with their starters in.

Let's go back to Manning's record season, "1st and Goal and Manning fakes to Edge, TD Clark!"

Then the next day the Huddle is flooded with threads, "OMG Edge didn't get any TDs. Why did they let him run it in?!"

Edited by WaterMan

Let's go back to Manning's record season, "1st and Goal and Manning fakes to Edge, TD Clark!"

Then the next day the Huddle is flooded with threads, "OMG Edge didn't get any TDs. Why did they let him run it in?!"

I dont remember the game off hand,and I know I wasnt a huddler at the time ,so I cant comment on that and be completly truthful. :D

I dont think the Patriots are as good as their hype and run up the scores lead everyone to believe.Maybe the patriots were the ones playing above their heads earliier in the year.

Crazy?

Which game do you think the Giants are more likely to find a little extra in the tank for ,the Patriots game or the second Dallas Game?

Ill take off my hater glasses and say they are indeed a great team,can you take of your homer glasses and say the media worship may not be 100% correct?

Lets be honest,Brady and Moss got their records because they did what no other team has done before,ran up the score when the game was out of reach with their starters in.If players in the past had done that,the records would have been higher.So dont expect me to bow down to superficial stats and place them above every other team in the league.They could very well win the Superbowl,but they are unbeaten,not unbeatable.

When they blow someone out its because they are great,but when its close it is because the other team played above their heads.Thats pathetic.

Why not just say they are a great team and won some close games along the way instead of making excuses for winning?

I never said the Patriots were as good as their hype, or that you or anyone else should bow down to superficial stats, claim the Pats to be unbeatable or make excuses for them winning. I know the Pats could have lost any one of a number of games this year and should have lost to the Ravens. My point, that you decided to autopsy, was to *Keggerz insinuation that the Pats aren't that great of a team because three teams took them down to the wire. The weather conditions, as well as teams playing above their heads to beat the undefeated absolutly played a part in keeping the games as close as they were. I'm also not "Crowning their asses" yet. Their next three games will be their toughest ones yet.

conversely one could be worried that they finished the year out in less then grand fashion(outside of 16-0)

over the course of the final 6 weeks 3 wins came by 3points in each game vs teams with a combined 3-19 Quality Win #

in a 4th(jets) their offense was only able to muster up 1 offensive TD and that came after recovering a punt inside the 5

their only win to really thump their chests about would be the Pitt game where pitt is 3-2 in Quality Wins and the Pats beat them 34-13 they also went on to crush the Phins but even in that game they didnt score a single point in the 2nd half

but hey they keep winning and that is all that matters....but of course a new season just started so non of the regular season stuff really matters now because everyone is 0-0 in the playoffs so far :D

I never said the Patriots were as good as their hype, or that you or anyone else should bow down to superficial stats, claim the Pats to be unbeatable or make excuses for them winning. I know the Pats could have lost any one of a number of games this year and should have lost to the Ravens. My point, that you decided to autopsy, was to *Keggerz insinuation that the Pats aren't that great of a team because three teams took them down to the wire. The weather conditions, as well as teams playing above their heads to beat the undefeated absolutly played a part in keeping the games as close as they were. I'm also not "Crowning their asses" yet. Their next three games will be their toughest ones yet.

actually what I insinuated was that their play over the final 6 weeks should be concerning since it hasnt been as dominant as it was in the beginning of the year...actually it seems like you want to make excuses for why they didnt play that well over that period of time but hey thats your prerogative...but i cant help but laugh at the *Keggerz, are you an expert on asterisks or something? can you tell me why I have one? :D