[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Changes coming in Miami?

Wolverines Fan

Per Profootballtalk.com. If this stuff happens, it wouldn't be a shock.

POSTED 10:17 a.m. EST, December 28, 2007

"SWEEPING CHANGES" COMING IN MIAMI

A source with knowledge of the situation in South Florida tells us that "sweeping changes" are most likely coming for the Dolphins. And soon.

Coach Cam Cameron? Out. General Manager Randy Mueller? Out as soon as Monday, even though he's been doing research all year for free agency and the draft.

We're told that Parcells already has been working directly with the league office to obtain the appropriate permissions to hire Cowboys V.P. of college and pro scouting Jeff Ireland.

As Peter King of SI.com pointed out earlier in the week in his MMQB column, Parcells' contract makes clear that he merely is the overseer of the football operations.

"We set it up so the general manager I hire will have that authority. I want to make it clear: I don't want to be the general manager. I don't want to be the head coach. I told Wayne [Huizenga] that very clearly. I don't think it will be an issue.''

If it is an issue -- if the league concludes that Parcells has final say over personnel -- then the Fins might have trouble finding a G.M. Under league rules, a team is not required to allow a front office employee to leave unless he will have final say in his new job.

So if it's determined that the Tuna has the juice, the only guys he'll be able to hire are guys who are permitted by their teams to leave, or who have contracts that specifically allow a premature departure.

And even if a guy is in the final year of his contract, most front office deals run through the draft.

With all that said, there's a growing sense in some circles that Parcells will get Ireland, and that the pair will work together in reshaping the front office.

Another source tells us that the fates of Mueller and Cameron have been sealed by people telling the Tuna that the current G.M. and coach don't burn the midnight fish oil in South Florida. Parcells, a workaholic, doesn't like the idea of guys not doing all they can to win.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if it's determined that the Tuna has the juice, the only guys he'll be able to hire are guys who are permitted by their teams to leave, or who have contracts that specifically allow a premature departure.

Given that, I wonder if Tuna could pry Matt Millen away from Detroit? :D

Maybe and finally we get back to our winning ways......

It's gonna be a long road but the franchise needs some kind of direction after being lost for the past decade. I'll have zero hard feelings on Parcells firing both Mueller and Cameron. Mueller I know has had very little say in who has been drafted. Saban was the deciding factor when he was coach and I've heard that Cameron and him butted heads this past draft with the whole Ginn jr. nonsense. The Dolphins have been drafting horribly for years now. First under Wanny and Spielman and now these ass clowns. See ya.

Cameron might be a good OC, but as a head coach, he's horrible. Poor play calling, bad game time decisions, horrible clock management and his failure to let younger players play (see Lo Booker) just because they "hadn't earned it in his mind".

Don't you love it when someone who actually knows what they are doing goes into a clueless franchise and starts kicking out the bums and phonies?

Not when they may replace some of the poeple with guys from Dallas. You cannot leave Jerry Jones alone to fill coaching absences. It's only been recently that he has admitted he should not be head coach.

Not when they may replace some of the poeple with guys from Dallas. You cannot leave Jerry Jones alone to fill coaching absences. It's only been recently that he has admitted he should not be head coach.

That may be the best part. See how long it takes for Jerry to ruin what Bill has built. :D

I just hope he doesnt pluck Garrett

Hey, look on the bright side, Billick just became available just in case Garrett ends up going somewhere else..

:D

Doesn't Jerry Jones have the option of denying any team to interview Garrett?

edit: or at least I recall seeing somewhere (maybe in a post here) that ATL was going to talk to Jones about interviewing Garrett.

edit2: okay, I fingered it out, only reason for seeking permission is to see if Garrett would be interested in interviewing now (during the Cowboys' bye week), otherwise he can't be interviewed until after the Cowboys' playoff run is over or during the bye week prior to the Super Bowl if the Cowboys advance that far.

Edited by Gunther

Was at the Fins game and Wolf was sitting next to Tuna...writting away........

He may keep Cam as an OC..but we should just start to rebuild all over.....Need an offense to spreed the ball around...get Booker in the game more......and solidify some sort of secondary...we have been on a decline since Madison and Surtain left...Marion added the only decent help beyond that....Will Allen has had a good year but....he's a bit small to go against big rec....IMO...just a FIN homer...

Hey, look on the bright side, Billick just became available just in case Garrett ends up going somewhere else..

:wacko:

Doesn't Jerry Jones have the option of denying any team to interview Garrett?

edit: or at least I recall seeing somewhere (maybe in a post here) that ATL was going to talk to Jones about interviewing Garrett.

edit2: okay, I fingered it out, only reason for seeking permission is to see if Garrett would be interested in interviewing now (during the Cowboys' bye week), otherwise he can't be interviewed until after the Cowboys' playoff run is over or during the bye week prior to the Super Bowl if the Cowboys advance that far.

Now that's just gross. :D