[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Changes coming in Miami?

Wolverines Fan

Was at the Fins game and Wolf was sitting next to Tuna...writting away........

He may keep Cam as an OC..but we should just start to rebuild all over.....Need an offense to spreed the ball around...get Booker in the game more......and solidify some sort of secondary...we have been on a decline since Madison and Surtain left...Marion added the only decent help beyond that....Will Allen has had a good year but....he's a bit small to go against big rec....IMO...just a FIN homer...

Agreed. Personally, I like Cam Cameron a lot. I think Parcells does too, but you could be right, he may be seen as a better OC than a head coach. In my opinion, I'd like to see him stay as head coach, but I wouldn't mind if he made the switch to OC either. Just as long as they keep him on the team.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cam needs to go as well. If you're going to start over then make it from scratch and get the people in place you trust and want. This is going to be a demolition rebuilding.

I agree. Parcells has always been adamant about doing things HIS way (which got him into trouble with Bob Kraft) and I imagine that he'll want to rebuild the Dolphins with HIS guys. There are certain players that have followed him from team to team (Keyshawn, Terry Glenn, Bledsoe, Curtis Martin) and I believe that he strongly favors working with people that he trusts in general.

Agreed. Personally, I like Cam Cameron a lot. I think Parcells does too, but you could be right, he may be seen as a better OC than a head coach. In my opinion, I'd like to see him stay as head coach, but I wouldn't mind if he made the switch to OC either. Just as long as they keep him on the team.

Actually, after furthur review, I would like Cam to stick around...I think he gets to tied up with the head coach position and it is too much for him...I think as an OC he will do well...Ronnie was running pretty darn good once they started to feature him and not Chat.......I think it was a combination of play calling and his ability......But Parcells does like to bring in his people, his comfort level....In business, thats what often is the outcome...surrounding yourself with individuals you have a familarity with and that share the same philosophy....

I have heard that Parcells knows of Cam through B. Knight, whom he has a friendship with...I hear Knight thinks highly of Cam....

Sad for the guys on D who are left....I would say Thomas is gone and that Taylor may stick around, but I am sure he would like to go to a team that will compete shortly as he is getting up there... Don't be surprised if Parcels parts ways with both........

I'm not sure that demoting Cameron to OC would work. Has that even happened in the NFL before? It seems to me that would make it difficult for him to command the respect of his offensive players after he was demoted for incompetence as a HC.

I don't think he ever comanded respect from the team. Especially the VETS, that was part of the problem. But he was a good guy with a good mind. It just never played out...because he was to intertwined with the HC function.....remember SABAN bailed and Cam was really a stop gap, with a hope...I don't think he ever had a good feel for the guys who played for him because the additional HC functions overwhelmed him.........But I could see changes might be widespread.....new O ...... New D..not that the injuries were anymore than the rest of this season throughout the NFL....but I think we will at least evaluate our talent a little better. Or maybe condition will be examined on a local level...with all the injuries, maybe league wide, but thats being wishful....Just a big Homer from the Ol Orange Bowl......

Guess I'm just sore cause it really affected my LoCaL this year....not used to watching everyone else play for the playoffs........

I'm not sure that demoting Cameron to OC would work. Has that even happened in the NFL before? It seems to me that would make it difficult for him to command the respect of his offensive players after he was demoted for incompetence as a HC.

Im not sure ive seen that before either.I think Cameron deserves at least another year to prove himeself.He never had much to work with this year losing his #1 QB,RB and WR not to mention Zach sitting out most of the year.

I don't recall anything like that before either. He'd have to go and surely his own pride would dictate that anyway.

Pulled this from a Herald article today:

"Parcells wants to hire a general manager before he makes a final decision on his head coach. Simply, he wants the general manager to play a part in the hiring of the coach because he wants the two men to be compatible.

So timing would suggest, perhaps even dictate, the new general manager could be in place by the end of Tuesday, when Ireland finishes his interview. That also would suggest Cameron's fate will be decided by later Tuesday or Wednesday."

Makes a lot of sense. Hopefully the new HC will be in place by next week.

I don't think he ever comanded respect from the team. Especially the VETS, that was part of the problem.

I would hope that Parcells brings some of the veterans into his office (Thomas, Taylor, etc.) and asks them about this before making his decision. Parcells probably doesn't know much more about this than we do right now.

Rotoworld . . .

The Dolphins have hired former Cowboys director Jeff Ireland to be their next general manager, according to the Palm Beach Post.

He replaces Randy Mueller, who was fired Monday. Ireland is considered a top notch drafter and a perfect fit in Miami along with VP of football operations Bill Parcells, with whom he's worked previously. The Dolphins will likely have to give Dallas a late-round pick if they hope to put Ireland to work before April's draft. He's still under contract with the Cowboys.

Source: Palm Beach Post

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...NFL&id=1314

The raid on the Cowboys has begun. Who's next? Jason Garrett?

Rotoworld . . .

The Dolphins have hired former Cowboys director Jeff Ireland to be their next general manager, according to the Palm Beach Post.

Yep, Parcells likes working with people with whom he's had experience. I'm not sure that Cam Cameron falls into that category.

Does it really matter? Am I the only one that thinks at this point old Bill might be just a tad bit overrated?

Bill might be a tad overrated but the Dolphins need to him to at the very least point them in the right direction.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/cont...=7&cxcat=46

This is exactly what the Dolphins need . . .

"Ireland is given considerable credit for helping turn around the Cowboys, who went 5-11 three straight years before Parcells arrived. The Cowboys made the playoffs last year and won the NFC East this year.

Ireland has been with the Cowboys through three fruitful drafts. Of the 53 players on the Cowboys roster, 38 of them - and 12 of their 22 starters - were acquired over the past three years."

Edited by Fantasy Jesus

Does it really matter? Am I the only one that thinks at this point old Bill might be just a tad bit overrated?

Well, Bill's track record in talent evaluation is pretty darn good. And I'm sure he knows what a well run organization looks like at this point. He won't be coaching, so it's all personnel with him in Miami. AND Miami cannot go down from here. I think he'll come out of this a hero.

It will be interesting to see if JJ can find a way to keep Garrett in Big D.

I'm interested to see what happens with him. You'd think a few teams will be offering him a HC position soon, so unless JJ worked out some big $$ deal with him to hang around as coordinator... ?

Bill might be a tad overrated but the Dolphins need to him to at the very least point them in the right direction.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/cont...=7&cxcat=46

This is exactly what the Dolphins need . . .

"Ireland is given considerable credit for helping turn around the Cowboys, who went 5-11 three straight years before Parcells arrived. The Cowboys made the playoffs last year and won the NFC East this year.

Ireland has been with the Cowboys through three fruitful drafts. Of the 53 players on the Cowboys roster, 38 of them - and 12 of their 22 starters - were acquired over the past three years."

Interesting. I guess I'm stuck at looking at Parcells as a coach instead of in his new role. One thing's for sure, there's really no where to go but up after this year for the Dolphins.

Cam Cameron has been fired per Chris Mortensen on Mike & Mike in the morning.

Mike Mularkey & Dom Capers should be next.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that the Dolphins have fired Cam Cameron.

Bill Parcells likely waited until GM Jeff Ireland was in place before making this move, since the GM should be able to hire the coaching staff. If the Dolphins want to interview any Cowboys assistants, they will have to do it in the next two days or wait until Dallas is out of the playoffs. Cameron becomes a leading candidate to fill any offensive coordinator jobs; San Francisco makes a lot of sense. Dallas could be another possibility.