[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

bears fans

dmarc117

If the Bears go into training camp with the same three quarterbacks as this year and some other guy as the 4th tosser, I will be very mad at the Bears organization. They need to draft someone or shake things up. I bet Orton will be the starter opening week but it will be an open competition in training camp.

we will see what angelo can do. he has an old o line, a peaches by the bucket rb, and questionable qb's.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who really cares about the Lovie 6-2 record. Give me a sec I will find some stupid historical fact that says the Pack is better than the Bears. Stupid!!

Fact is the Bears sucked this year and have a ton of rebuilding and they started that rebuilding off by winning the last two game which I am sure helped there draft position.

Orton is not the guy.

and who comes after grandpa favera?

Who really cares about the Lovie 6-2 record. Give me a sec I will find some stupid historical fact that says the Pack is better than the Bears. Stupid!!

Fact is the Bears sucked this year and have a ton of rebuilding and they started that rebuilding off by winning the last two game which I am sure helped there draft position.

Orton is not the guy.

Isn't that what many Packer fans said last year? Do you realize the Bears were in every single game this year except one, the Cowboys? Give me a break. I have a lot of respect for the Packers and for you to come in here and give me that garbage is laughable.

Bill, you would have to agree this year in the NFL showed that there are MANY quarterbacks that are not NFL starting material. Orton at least has had some experience winning and has looked a bit more than average in his short time this year.

Decent starting NFL QBs are few and far between. It's an incredibly difficult position to learn, especially in today's pass-happy offenses. So saying that Orton hasn't shown any evidence that he can handle the job isn't exactly a slam on him.

And you and Gil are correct that he's managed winning teams and has done so at least somewhat efficiently. But he's also going to have to actually make plays like he did today on a semi-consistent basis. Only time will tell if he'll be able to do that.

Decent starting NFL QBs are few and far between. It's an incredibly difficult position to learn, especially in today's pass-happy offenses. So saying that Orton hasn't shown any evidence that he can handle the job isn't exactly a slam on him.

And you and Gil are correct that he's managed winning teams and has done so at least somewhat efficiently. But he's also going to have to actually make plays like he did today on a semi-consistent basis. Only time will tell if he'll be able to do that.

I don't doubt time will tell that. But Kyle Orton has made better decisions than Griese and Grossman and has managed the game better as well. Orton has shown nice flashes and it seems Lovie has been ecstatic about his development. Time will tell of course, like all things in the NFL, but Orton is better than he was two years ago, that is a fact. And with the Bears quarterback situation, it's hard not to let him get more of a chance. The guy will be fighting for the starting job next year if he hasn't already been given it.

You would take Orton over Rodgers?

Rodgers is better than the last 20 QB's the Bears have started. I don't see how finding a serviceable QB is so difficult??

And what are you, a GB coach? Rodgers has barely played, hard to make that BOLD statement. Good luck defending that.

Isn't that what many Packer fans said last year? Do you realize the Bears were in every single game this year except one, the Cowboys? Give me a break. I have a lot of respect for the Packers and for you to come in here and give me that garbage is laughable.

Oh please. I watched a ton of Bear games this year and you can't tell me they are a good team. They were outplayed in almost every game. the games they won they very rarely deserved to win (except the last Packer game).

I admit the Pack sucked a year ago. You need to admit the Bears stink. They were not very good last year without a ton of lucky plays and some very fortunate timely defensive TD's and special teams play. If you take off the blinders you will see that they need to rebuild and starting with a QB that NOT on the current roster would be a good start.

I hope you are as drunk as I am or you are should really start drinking to cathc up with your thoughts.

Oh please. I watched a ton of Bear games this year and you can't tell me they are a good team. They were outplayed in almost every game. the games they won they very rarely deserved to win (except the last Packer game).

I admit the Pack sucked a year ago. You need to admit the Bears stink. They were not very good last year without a ton of lucky plays and some very fortunate timely defensive TD's and special teams play. If you take off the blinders you will see that they need to rebuild and starting with a QB that NOT on the current roster would be a good start.

I hope you are as drunk as I am or you are should really start drinking to cathc up with your thoughts.

atleast this explains your rodgers statement

Honestly, you are a complete moron. I have always been one of the biggest Bears critics. I said week two this team won't have a winning season. I also said then that the Packers would win the division. Shuddup and realize what you are saying doesn't hold any water. Take my blinders off? They have been off all season buddy and since I have been a season ticket holder. And I also realize that when the Bears play the Packers, they play their best football. THAT IS A FACT.

The Bears were lucky last year? :D Find someone who agrees with you that isn't a Packer fan. Go read a book and pay attention to stuff. You arguments are laughable and I see why other people on this board ignore you and call you out.

Please regard gbpfan as representative of himself and not all Packer fans. Thanks in advance.

I am willing to go somewhat to the mat for Rodgers, but that belongs in a GB thread.

Point well taken.

Gentlemens side bet says Rodgers is a better NFL QB than Orton in the future.

Don't take my Bear bashing the wrong way I just enjoy the jabber back and forth with Bear fans.

no offense taken. i went to school in wisco so it was 4 years of good times. have some great stories of going to lambeau in full bear attire. one thing i have to say, packer fans are much more enjoyable than bear fans. ive been to a few bear games and embarrased by the actions of many people there. its a great rivalry, atleast for the fans.

Edited by dmarc117

Honestly, you are a complete moron. I have always been one of the biggest Bears critics. I said week two this team won't have a winning season. I also said then that the Packers would win the division. Shuddup and realize what you are saying doesn't hold any water. Take my blinders off? They have been off all season buddy and since I have been a season ticket holder. And I also realize that when the Bears play the Packers, they play their best football. THAT IS A FACT.

The Bears were lucky last year? :D Find someone who agrees with you that isn't a Packer fan. Go read a book and pay attention to stuff. You arguments are laughable and I see why other people on this board ignore you and call you out.

Seriously. The Bears last year were by far the best team in the division but they were not that great of a football team. They had a subpar offense and caught a ton of breaks and that caight up with them in the end.

Everyone annointed them a great team and gave them the keys to the divsion and almost a bye into the SB this year.

They were not a great team last year.

I agree 100% they play the Pack tough and they kicked the crap out of them last week and was embarrassing being a Packer fan. Nobody can argue that.

no offense taken. i went to school in wisco so it was 4 years of good times. have some great stories of going to lambeau in full bear attire. one thing i have to say, packer fans are much more enjoyable than bear fans. ive been to a few bear games and embarresed by the actions of many people there. its a great rivalry, atleast for the fans.

I would agree with this up until last week when a bunch of Packers fans who were talking peaches by the bucket decided to call me "Mohammad" when I started talking peaches by the bucket back. Of course not representative of all Packer fans, but really got to me. Told those guys to shut the f up or I would personally see that they were removed from the stadium as they were sitting next to MY season tickets. They did shut up and were scared that their investment into a day of fun and racial name calling (it didn't stop at that one name) would be sadly ended by a 20 year old.

I would agree with this up until last week when a bunch of Packers fans who were talking peaches by the bucket decided to call me "Mohammad" when I started talking peaches by the bucket back. Of course not representative of all Packer fans, but really got to me. Told those guys to shut the f up or I would personally see that they were removed from the stadium as they were sitting next to MY season tickets. They did shut up and were scared that their investment into a day of fun and racial name calling (it didn't stop at that one name) would be sadly ended by a 20 year old.

i hear ya....i can only speak from my personal experiences.

All bashing aside.. that is crap.. Most Packer fans can dish it out but do it with pride.

It prob does not mean much but I apologize for a few drunk (probably) idiots that hopefully don't reflect on the other idiot (myself included) Packer fans.

All bashing aside.. that is crap.. Most Packer fans can dish it out but do it with pride.

It prob does not mean much but I apologize for a few drunk (probably) idiots that hopefully don't reflect on the other idiot (myself included) Packer fans.

No worries. The Packers fans sitting on the other side of me were cool as hell. Guy and his two sons at their first NFL football game. It was great talking to them.

Orton is not the guy.

And the Stupid Packer Fan chorus continues........