[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

bears fans

dmarc117

Im ok with rex and Orton coming back, and bring in a 3rd new guy.

Rex is coming back??? I would hope not. :D

I just want an O line next year. that's my biggest concern.

Yep. Ruben Brown is about 80 years old and Fred Miller ain't all that, either. I'd cut Muhammad as well.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im ok with rex and Orton coming back, and bring in a 3rd new guy.

I just want an O line next year. that's my biggest concern.

Agree. As I said in another thread, Rex and Kyle will be back, and the Bears will find #3 in FA. This could possibly be the first camp in recent times where at least 2 maybe 3 QB's will have a shot at starter. If we draft a QB, it will be post 4th round. I liked the way Orton looked these past few weeks, and w/ a strong 'O' line, I think he could put up decent numbers.

I'm a little late to this party, but was well known to have wanted a solid look at Orton...and I give him a big thumbs up given he had to shake off some rust. I think what's important in his case is this: while he might not "have what it tkaes to be an NFL starter" the simple fact is that up to this point he has yet to demonstrate that he can NOT. Most knowledgable fans can probably look past the first start in Minnesota as a less than ideal place to begin but he certainly followed it up with 2 very nice games.

The question here is: is he more akin to Anthony Wright? That guy shows up every 3 years, smokes teams for about 3-4 weeks, then new game film is digested and he sucks again. Is Orton capable of moving past that level and onto the next rung occupied by the Rivers and Cutlers of the NFL? He deserves a shot, especially in Chicago where his game is well suited to what Lovie appears to want to run. Grossman wants to huck the ball TOO much and also gets oddly inaccurate the shorter the pass. I'd prefer they let him go and find someone else to compete with Orton next season.

Muhammad will be 35 next year, they over-paid for him two years ago, and his numbers tanked in each of the past four seasons. Cut bait now and replace him with Bradley.

Agreed. I don't think there's anything wrong with the Bears receivers at all - Hester, Berrian, Bradley make a nice trio. Where the real effort needs to be concentrated is offensive line. We all know that OL is where a team foundation for success lies.

Oh yeah - I'd cut Benson too, whatever it costs and go with Peterson and Wolfe. Benson sucks donkey balls.

Muhammad will be 35 next year, they over-paid for him two years ago, and his numbers tanked in each of the past four seasons. Cut bait now and replace him with Bradley.

He went to the school district where I work. He paid for a new state-of-the-art weight room for the high school. It's unbelievable. He didn't want to make a big deal about it. He also invited the high school coaches to come to a Bears playoff game last year and had them stay at his place. He's a pretty good guy. :D

Whenever he's done, he's had a good career.

He went to the school district where I work. He paid for a new state-of-the-art weight room for the high school. It's unbelievable. He didn't want to make a big deal about it. He also invited the high school coaches to come to a Bears playoff game last year and had them stay at his place. He's a pretty good guy. :D

Wow, didn't know that. Sounds like a great guy.

I don't think that he's "done" yet, but is just waaay overpaid and the Bears really don't need him anymore with Berrian, Bradley, and Hester. He'll find a possession receiver job if he's cut. Now Eric Moulds, on the other hand... :D

I have no problem with moose not coming back, he gets paid like a star, he talks like he is a star, he acts like a superstar. to bad he plays like a some one who belongs on the practice squad.

Also we need to move Tait back to RT.

and we need Alex brown to play more, and have mark Anderson play the role he did in 2006.

Oh and no more AA Adam archuleta(sp?), I was real happy in the offseason, thinking we got a nice "steal". I though like a lot of bears fans, he will be back with lovie and he will be in a position to succeed. I also though that the redskins miss used him. well now I know he cant play anymore.

Edited by whitem0nkey

Nod!

To your Rex comment:

"Rex Grossman signed a five-year contract as a rookie that expires following the 2007 season, at which time he would become an unrestricted free agent. In case you were wondering, Brian Griese is under contract through the 2010 season and Kyle Orton is signed through 2008."

I think he's worth a 1 year deal, but would he take it is the question. I see no value in Griese. Cut his ass today.

Agreed. I don't think there's anything wrong with the Bears receivers at all - Hester, Berrian, Bradley make a nice trio. Where the real effort needs to be concentrated is offensive line. We all know that OL is where a team foundation for success lies.

Oh yeah - I'd cut Benson too, whatever it costs and go with Peterson and Wolfe. Benson sucks donkey balls.

Nod. I think we got Muhs after he peaked. Hearing him in interviews and seeing his charity work shows me the guy has style, but If he has more than 2 years left, I'd be suprised. He needs to be cut. I believe he has 3 years left on his contract.

Here is an option for the Bears.

1. Cut Griese, Grossmann, and Orton. Do not replce them with a QB.

2. Cut Benson

3. Cut Muhammad.

4. Use all the money from the above 3 points and spend 100% on Defense.

5. Design a new offense where the only formation you run is an empty backfield and you long snap back about 20 yards to Hester and you have him run as if it was a punt return.

You will have an amazing defense and this offense can't be worse than the one you had in 2007.

Could be the ticket back to the playoffs??

Here is an option for the Bears.

1. Cut Griese, Grossmann, and Orton. Do not replce them with a QB.

2. Cut Benson

3. Cut Muhammad.

4. Use all the money from the above 3 points and spend 100% on Defense.

5. Design a new offense where the only formation you run is an empty backfield and you long snap back about 20 yards to Hester and you have him run as if it was a punt return.

You will have an amazing defense and this offense can't be worse than the one you had in 2007.

Could be the ticket back to the playoffs??

Just when I think you can't possibly be any stupider you go and say something like this...

...and TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF! :D

but would he take it is the question.

I don't think that he would, especially if Ron Turner is still running the show. If I were Rex, I'd look to sign a deal as a backup under somebody who really knows how to develop QBs. Detroit, Seattle, or Philly might be good fits for him.

Edited by Bill Swerski

He has 4 kids of his own, and just recently decided to adopt 2 kids from Ethiopia. :D

What makes you think that SIngletary would do a better job than Lovie?

That's a good question. Who knows? I do know that, as I've said before, Lovie seems to have that blank look on the sideline when things aren't going right. I'm not saying coaches should all be as animated as Jon Gruden but still, the Wannstedt / Jauron "I have no clue what I'm doing" look seems to have infected Lovie too.

Maybe it's in the locker room, like staph. :D

Still, I guess we really ought to be giving Lovie some slack.

BTW, I also thought the Archuleta signing was great at the time but he clearly is done.

Turner, Yes.....Lovie, only if we could get Singletary.

Actually, that comment was a bit of a joke.

Still, I guess we really ought to be giving Lovie some slack.

I agree with this more.

2 years ago he's coach of the year. Last year he gets us to the SB. Nope, I don't see Lovie as a major problem. And Turner's biggest problem is he game plans as if the 'D' will save the 'O', therefore, very conservative and simple. I don't like to make predictions, but I don't see a hugh turnover in the Bear coaching staff. Fix the 'O' line, prop up the secondary (Get rid of Archuletta.....that guy looks like a fish out of water), spend some money on a few who did well this year, and maybe get rid of Benson.