[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

bears fans

dmarc117

Benson is not the problem...give him some holes like he was getting in a few games this year and he can run. I give Benson one more year...that is if his leg heals properly.

Agreed that the Bears' line is the bigger problem, but Benson doesn't have significant speed, burst, or power and he can't cut worth a d@mn. He's Jerome Bettis in a 220 lb body.

Edited by Bill Swerski

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rex wants to be in Chicago, that is clear. Whether Angelo wants him back is another question, also at the price. Rex wants an average contract. That is like six to seven million a year. We are going to give that to Rex as a backup possibly? Not sure but all signs point to him getting another contract, one year or two years max.

And Berrian isn't coming back guys. He wants to be paid as a top ten wide out. With Drew Rosenhaus as his agent, doesn't look good. And with the team/organzation's wanting to make Hester even more featured on the offense, possibly becoming a number one at some point, Berrian as a Bear in 2008 is not looking great. He might realize the market isn't that great though.

Edited by Goopster24

And Berrian isn't coming back guys. He wants to be paid as a top ten wide out. With Drew Rosenhaus as his agent, doesn't look good. And with the team/organzation's wanting to make Hester even more featured on the offense, possibly becoming a number one at some point, Berrian as a Bear in 2008 is not looking great. He might realize the market isn't that great though.

The Vikes will overpay for Berrian this offseason... :D

That would truly suck. Berrian is one of the two or three skill position players actually worth a crap - the others are Hester (and he's still learning) and Olson at TE. Peterson is a solid journeyman, Wolfe may or may not turn out to be Kevin Faulk, Bradley has an injury history and Orton is barely adequate. Benson sucks balls.

Did he actually say this? I think that it would be massively stupid for him to stay in Chicago. He needs to start off somewhere fresh under a coach who knows how to develop QBs.

"I'd like to be back here if I'm wanted back here," he said. "We'll see what goes on. Right now, I don't have any answers as far as my future. I'm just going along for the ride, and we'll see what my options are at the end of the year."

Link

In all honesty, I don't see why he wouldn't WANT to be back. Chicago is the city that drafted him, the coaching staff showed support for him all of last season amidst criticism, even a portion of this season, especially when he came back after Griese got hurt. The organization, especially Lovie (who has said publicly he wants Rex back) are very loyal to him. How much of a chance does he have as a starter somewhere else, which is what he ultimately wants? Like or not, respect it or not, agree with it or not, he wants to be a starter and believes he can be. I think Chicago's quarterback situation speaks for itself and he knows he is on about equal footing with everyone else here in Chicago.

That would truly suck. Berrian is one of the two or three skill position players actually worth a crap - the others are Hester (and he's still learning) and Olson at TE. Peterson is a solid journeyman, Wolfe may or may not turn out to be Kevin Faulk, Bradley has an injury history and Orton is barely adequate. Benson sucks balls.

While I agree with this, Berrian had as much of a disappointing season as anyone else on this Bears team, especially the offense. Now some of that is credited to the quarterback situation but Berrian dropped many passes and never took advantage of opportunities for him. I thought before the season that this was going to be a great year for him as a great sleeper fantasy wise and he did nothing in the grand scheme of things. I don't pay him top ten money if I'm Angelo. If he realizes he needs to take less, I will welcome him back with open arms. He says he wants to be in Chicago also but understands the business and wants to be "rewarded."

Edited by Goopster24

"I'd like to be back here if I'm wanted back here," he said. "We'll see what goes on. Right now, I don't have any answers as far as my future. I'm just going along for the ride, and we'll see what my options are at the end of the year."

Link

In all honesty, I don't see why he wouldn't WANT to be back.

Maybe because he's already lost the starting position and the fans and media hate him? It sounds to me like Rex is saying the "correct" thing, but I don't see why he'd want to stay there. Aside from the aforementioned points, Ron Turner is a crappy OC and Rex isn't going to get better in that system.

How much of a chance does he have as a starter somewhere else, which is what he ultimately wants? Like or not, respect it or not, agree with it or not, he wants to be a starter and believes he can

IMO, Rex would be best off taking a backup position under a HC or OC who really knows how to develop QBs. Rex needs to worry about improving his play before he worries about being a starter. If Philly deals McNabb, I think that the Eagles would be a really good fit for him, even if he's penciled in as Kolb's backup. He could learn a lot from Andy Reid.

But only if he wants to. IIRC, both you and I (and many others) agreed that one of Rex's major issues was arrogance.

Agree. I don't think he's coachable. He's been humbled by his failures only, so I question whether he would stay on track if 'he got over himself.'

Agree. I don't think he's coachable. He's been humbled by his failures only, so I question whether he would stay on track if 'he got over himself.'

He does seem to have a lot of that Jeff George arrogance in him. For his sake, I hope that he snaps out of it.

IMO, Rex would be best off taking a backup position under a HC or OC who really knows how to develop QBs. Rex needs to worry about improving his play before he worries about being a starter. If Philly deals McNabb, I think that the Eagles would be a really good fit for him, even if he's penciled in as Kolb's backup. He could learn a lot from Andy Reid.

Like said after you, this is the problem. He wants to be a starter and because of that, his top choice right now is in Chicago. Whether fans/media agree with that, that is probably true and what he is thinking.