[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys and Colts

skinpig

NE played hard all season and took no prisoners. :D

On this board we read over and over how they are running up the score and risking injury to key players. A common rule violation that had NO EFFECT ON THE OUTCOME of any game, is blown way out of proportion and all we hear about is they cheated. They have the greatest regular season in the ENTIRE history of football, then we hear “it means nothing”. :wacko:

On the other hand we have the Colts and Cowboys laying down to allow teams to walk into the playoffs. They play their starters until whatever personal accomplishments are met, and then give the games away. The integrity of the game is thrown out the window. Pathetic. :D

If NE laid down like those two did, there would be 10 threads about how classless they are. :D

Where is the outrage? :D

On this board we read over and over how they are running up the score and risking injury to key players. A common rule violation that had NO EFFECT ON THE OUTCOME of any game, is blown way out of proportion and all we hear about is they cheated. They have the greatest regular season in the ENTIRE history of football, then we hear “it means nothing”. :wacko:

On the other hand we have the Colts and Cowboys laying down to allow teams to walk into the playoffs. They play their starters until whatever personal accomplishments are met, and then give the games away. The integrity of the game is thrown out the window. Pathetic. :D

If NE laid down like those two did, there would be 10 threads about how classless they are. :D

What is it with pigs (skinpig, pig devilz, etc.) being Patriots fans?

you just have to read between the lines to see what they are really saying ;)

Edited by keggerz

And congrats to them for going 16-0. A couple of teams have come close but they finally managed to shut up the 72' Dolphins at least some. I still hate them, but I'll freely acknowledge that they had a great season. Gives something for my Colts to beat next year.

On this board we read over and over how they are running up the score and risking injury to key players.
I was one of them that felt the team showed little class by "running up the score" when they had the game well in hand and still feel that way. I realize this is the NFL and that it's not some pee-wee football game with little kids where hurt feelings can happen easily. Just to me it wasn't very sportsman like but that is my .02 worth. They also did risk injuring players but it appears nothing major happened because of it.

A common rule violation that had NO EFFECT ON THE OUTCOME of any game, is blown way out of proportion and all we hear about is they cheated.
If ti had no effect on the game, then why is the rule there? Why did the NFL file Bilichick and the Pats $750k plus a first round draft pick. It may not have changed the outcome of a game (and no one on these boards can confirm or deny that it did so) but it obviously did have an effect on the game of football as a whole.

They have the greatest regular season in the ENTIRE history of football, then we hear “it means nothing”. :wacko:
They currently have the best single season record in football. Whether it is the "greatest" is up to debate as to what greatest means.

Is there a league rule that says that the starters must play for 60 minutes every game? The Colts and Cowboys games were meaningless from the respective teams perspective. They had a few goals (e.g. Reggie Wayne getting the receiving title this season) and they both played their starters for at least several series.

As a fan, I would have liked to see both teams play a full 16 games in such a way that game 16 means as much as game 1. But if everything is wrapped up for playoff position they playing 100% and getting hurt hurts them even more in the playoffs. It's no longer a 16-game season but 3 or 4 1-game seasons where the winner gets a shiny ring and a play in the record books as the best team for the season and the losers go home with nothing.

Nah, just a few thread from pork products giving excuses why the Pats lost.

even at 16-0 you bitches still piss and moan . You guys dont know how to gloat..Us boys fans still bring up the 90s ..You can learn a thing or 2..Dont waste energy picking useless fights..Just keep saying that your 16-0..Ill talk about a ring from 12 years ago when confronted :D

The only reason NE didn't mail it in against the Giants is that they had something to play for (perfect season, TD pass record, Moss' TD catch record, most points in one season). But what the Cowboys and Colts did is a smart move - not subjecting their star players to unnecessary risk in a game whose outcome bears no impact on their postseason. Nobody can blame NE for playing hard to achieve 16-0, but it is silly to point fingers and chastise any team who chose to rest its starters in the season finale with nothing on the line. The Giants were unlucky enough to be playing against the Pats and felt obligated to not give the game away with history on the line, but I wonder if all of the Giants' starters are in there the whole game if they were playing someone else.

And if NE was 14-1 heading into that finale instead of 15-0 and somehow the Giants had to win to get in, I seriously doubt anyone would have raised a fuss if they rested Brady, Moss, etc. because it makes sense to avoid uinnecessary risk of injury to the players who you will depend on to get the job done in the playoffs. I don't think Dallas, Indy, or anyone else is obligated to do anything other than what's in the best interest of their team, and I don't see where integrity even enters the discussion.

The Colts have been lieing down for a long time.

even at 16-0 you bitches still piss and moan . You guys dont know how to gloat..Us boys fans still bring up the 90s ..You can learn a thing or 2..Dont waste energy picking useless fights..Just keep saying that your 16-0..Ill talk about a ring from 12 years ago when confronted :D

Truer words have never been spoken on this board!

On this board we read over and over how they are running up the score and risking injury to key players. A common rule violation that had NO EFFECT ON THE OUTCOME of any game, is blown way out of proportion and all we hear about is they cheated. They have the greatest regular season in the ENTIRE history of football, then we hear “it means nothing”. :D

On the other hand we have the Colts and Cowboys laying down to allow teams to walk into the playoffs. They play their starters until whatever personal accomplishments are met, and then give the games away. The integrity of the game is thrown out the window. Pathetic. :bash:

Where is the outrage? :wacko:

well at least I'm finding some outrage... :D

"The NFL has a rule saying teams must make a "bona-fide effort" to win, even if the game has no impact on the standings. The Giants surely honored that rule by going all-out against the Patriots, although Jersey/A already had locked into its seeding; the Giants' all-out effort was extremely impressive, and bodes well for their postseason. Most season-finale games don't matter, so no one cares about the bona fide effort rule. But Indianapolis, which also had locked up its seed already, did not make a bona fide effort to defeat Tennessee -- Peyton Manning played two series; starters sat out the second half -- and Tony Dungy's decision to field his practice squad had the effect of keeping Cleveland out of the postseason. There's no conspiracy here since Indianapolis, as the second seed, couldn't play the sixth seed (whether Tennessee or Cleveland) before the AFC championship and the sixth seed reaching the championship is unlikely. Still, the rule stipulates that NFL teams must try to win, and, in a consequential game, Indianapolis did not try to win.

Cleveland has a grievance -- and the football gods might wax wroth against the Colts. (Dallas did not try to beat Washington, either, but as Minnesota and New Orleans both lost, neither can complain about the Cowboys.)"

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...mp;sportCat=nfl

I think Min has a beef as well...I'm sure they knew the Cowboys were laying down and lost some of their edge against Denver...

the Cowboys and Colts made NO BONA-FIDE EFFORT TO WIN A GAME THAT HAD IMPACT ON THE PLAYOFFS AND THE INTEGRITY OF THE GAME...

again I ask where is the OUTRAGE? :D

NE breaks a rule that had NO EFFECT ON THE OUTCOME OF ANY GAME and gets ;)

Cowboys and Colts lay down DIRECTLY AFFECTING THE OUTCOME OF THEIR GAMES AND PLAYOFF ELIGIBILITY FOR TWO OTHER TEAMS--BREAKING AN NFL RULE--and almost noboby even notices...

If I'm Goodell....they both lose draft picks for this...and big fines... :headbang:yawn::bio:

Good point. And if Minny needed another win they should've beat Dallas. :wacko:

good point... :D

but if DAL had laid down against MIN, Vikes WOULD have won that game...same for CLE...if CIN had laid down in week 16, CLE would have won and clinched in week 16...

the effort rule is there for a reason and this is the perfect example why...DAL played to win against MIN and beat them, and played soft against WAS and lost...giving playoff spot to WAS at MIN expense...destroying the integrity of the league...

I'm waiting for the league discipline to come down... :D:D

Edited by skinpig

good point... :D

but if DAL had laid down against MIN, Vikes WOULD have won that game...same for CLE...if CIN had laid down in week 16, CLE would have won and clinched in week 16...

the effort rule is there for a reason and this is the perfect example why...DAL played to win against MIN and beat them, and played soft against WAS and lost...giving playoff spot to WAS at MIN expense...destroying the integrity of the league...

I'm waiting for the league discipline to come down... :D;)

:wacko::D:D