[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rose Bowl USC vs Illinois

GWPFFL BrianW

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With the health issues behind them, I felt USC was the best team and deserved to play for that crystal trophy against Georgia.

Illinois should have been playing earlier today, or last night in Tempe.

I'm glad to see Illinois hit people on defense, but besides that, there's not a single redeeming quality that tells me my boys belong in this big of a game at this time. It's like a JV team getting to scrimmage against the varsity.

Not much question about who is the best College football team right now. USC would beat anybody put in front of them. The only team I could see competing with them is Oklahoma. :D

Yes....they are the best!!! They beat UCLA who almost played with BYU.........

and they beat ASU who.....well got spanked by the 4th or 5th best team in the Big 12.......

and they beat Cali by 7 who actually won a bowl game over a tough AF team with a backup QB........

and they were favored by like 45 points over Stanford....I heard Tiger Woods went there.........

and they only lost to Oregon by 7 WITH dixon....they killed South Florida...who at one time was #2 in the nation.....

USC rocks man........they are beating the team that spanked the Big 10's best team......wait...maybe the Big 10 s*cks as bad as the Pac 10???????

out......

Hmmmm. Big 10 outplayed the SEC in both H2H bowl games this season. Maybe the SEC sucks worse the The Big 10 and The Pac 10 :D

Hey...maybe the something s*cks worse than the the the the the the the the something...lay off the brew and come back to reality man.....OSU has it coming......brace yourself man........the,the,the,the......

Hey...maybe the something s*cks worse than the the the the the the the the something...lay off the brew and come back to reality man.....OSU has it coming......brace yourself man........the,the,the,the......

I have NO DOUBT the Bucks beat LSU, especially after what i saw today from Tenn and Florida and yesterday with Kentucky.

I have such little doubt that i gave away the 4 points and have $500 on the Bucks straight out with huddlers in this forum.

So when you ask me to lay off the brew, i ask you to put your money where your mouth is, like i've done :D

LSU hasn't played a team all season with the defense of the Bucks. Lsu doesn't have the offense to do anything to upset the Bucks. LSU's defense has been exposed the 2nd half of the season and Beanie Wells will run through them..........I can promise you that much.

Also, I've yet to go to a OSU game , in which they've lost, this will be no different and so much more enjoyable on LSU homefield.

Edited by theeohiostate

I have NO DOUBT the Bucks beat LSU, especially after what i saw today from Tenn and Florida and yesterday with Kentucky.

I have such little doubt that i gave away the 4 points and have $500 on the Bucks straight out with huddlers in this forum.

So when you ask me to lay off the brew, i ask you to put your money where your mouth is, like i've done :D

LSU hasn't played a team all season with the defense of the Bucks. Lsu doesn't have the offense to do anything to upset the Bucks. LSU's defense has been exposed the 2nd half of the season and Beanie Wells will run through them..........I can promise you that much.

Also, I've yet to go to a OSU game , in which they've lost, this will be no different and so much more enjoyable on LSU homefield.

I see that you will be at the game.......in the DOME...enjoy it my friend, as you log on to the huddle the next day, there is NO DOUBT that your ears will be ringing.......what's that.....I can't hear you...........huh........your lips are moving....but i cannot hear anything coming out of your mouth........OSU travels well, but they will NOT be heard in the dome my brother........this is not an outdoor game in the snow in with the temp in the 20's...if it was....OSU would stand a chance.....but not in the Superdome.......sorry TOS another 2nd place finish for your girls........

I see that you will be at the game.......in the DOME...enjoy it my friend, as you log on to the huddle the next day, there is NO DOUBT that your ears will be ringing.......what's that.....I can't hear you...........huh........your lips are moving....but i cannot hear anything coming out of your mouth........OSU travels well, but they will NOT be heard in the dome my brother........this is not an outdoor game in the snow in with the temp in the 20's...if it was....OSU would stand a chance.....but not in the Superdome.......sorry TOS another 2nd place finish for your girls........

..........as I stated, put up or shut up :D

OSU doesn't need the crowd to handle this 2nd rate team. Les Miles will insure us a win, too many dumb chances he'll take against a defense that will make him pay for it. Mark it down.

Just remember LSU isn't even the best team in the SEC, Georgia is. LSU may be a top 5 or 6 team, but they don't belong on the same field as OSU.

Edited by theeohiostate

What are the terms...how much does the talker need to put down?

I'll take the Bucks straight up for any amount under $200 , as i'm already at $500, plus my trip , so in the miracle event the refs hand the kittens the win, i don't want to get more stolen from me.

..........as I stated, put up or shut up :D

OSU doesn't need the crowd to handle this 2nd rate team. Les Miles will insure us a win, too many dumb chances he'll take against a defense that will make him pay for it. Mark it down.

Just remember LSU isn't even the best team in the SEC, Georgia is. LSU may be a top 5 or 6 team, but they don't belong on the same field as OSU.

Big girl.....OSU doesn't need the crowd.....and I don't need your money...if things are tight for you....you know, with your trip and all, then you just keep it....heck, you never know, after you get back from New Orleans..you just may convert and need $29 bucks to buy the SI 2007 National Championship DVD set featuring the LSU Tigers, Les Miles....and his Hat........

question for you...who won the SEC? Georgia?? I think not.......LSU is in charge of the SEC as long as Mandy is there!!

Big girl.....OSU doesn't need the crowd.....and I don't need your money...if things are tight for you....you know, with your trip and all, then you just keep it....heck, you never know, after you get back from New Orleans..you just may convert and need $29 bucks to buy the SI 2007 National Championship DVD set featuring the LSU Tigers, Les Miles....and his Hat........

question for you...who won the SEC? Georgia?? I think not.......LSU is in charge of the SEC as long as Mandy is there!!

Georgia is the better team, to not recognize it, shows your lack of understanding for the sport :D

Doubt ABC is scared too much. Guaranteed, this game generates higher ratings than a UGA-USC game. Big Ten vs Pac 10 match up has always been like printing money no matter who is playing. This year is no different. Congratulations to USC. No surprise at all in this one. I knew Illinois would get destroyed. My Hawks gave the blueprint on how to stop the Illini. Combine that, with the offensive fire power of the Trojans, and you got blow out city!

Yes....they are the best!!! They beat UCLA who almost played with BYU.........

and they beat ASU who.....well got spanked by the 4th or 5th best team in the Big 12.......

and they beat Cali by 7 who actually won a bowl game over a tough AF team with a backup QB........

and they were favored by like 45 points over Stanford....I heard Tiger Woods went there.........

and they only lost to Oregon by 7 WITH dixon....they killed South Florida...who at one time was #2 in the nation.....

USC rocks man........they are beating the team that spanked the Big 10's best team......wait...maybe the Big 10 s*cks as bad as the Pac 10???????

out......

Yea, and you clearly know what the F your talking about?! :D

Illinois should have been playing earlier today, or last night in Tempe.

I'm glad to see Illinois hit people on defense, but besides that, there's not a single redeeming quality that tells me my boys belong in this big of a game at this time. It's like a JV team getting to scrimmage against the varsity.

I agree totally with this, but I still hate to see my alma mater lose. :D

Yea, and you clearly know what the F your talking about?! :D

Great comeback here Prof..you are so edgeumacated...... :D

I am sure that SC will try and claim a championship here....DBag's even tried to score with 17 seconds left to prove something......weak....and way too late!!!

Hmmmm. Big 10 outplayed the SEC in both H2H bowl games this season. Maybe the SEC sucks worse the The Big 10 and The Pac 10 :D

I know you were all over this in your one-man reach around that was the UT/Wisc thread, but how exactly did Wisc "out-play" Tenn?

Besides the fact that UT out gained them and was considerably more penalized. Your claims of Wisc getting robbed on that fumble reversal had to be nothing more than a fishing trip because the replay showed it plain and clear that the guy recovered it out of bounds. So, no alleged "home cooking" for UT. Honestly, the thing that stuck out for me was the fact that the UT coaching staff had felt they'd lost ground to Les Miles for dumbest coach in the SEC. Twice they squandered 1st down inside the UW 20 with stupid trickery. If they just kept doing what they'd been doing to get themselves down the field on those occasions, it wouldn't have even been that close.

Oh, I forgot, Tampa is basically a home game for UT. I mean, it's only like a 12 hour drive or so.

Great comeback here Prof..you are so edgeumacated...... :D

I am sure that SC will try and claim a championship here....DBag's even tried to score with 17 seconds left to prove something......weak....and way too late!!!

Don't bother arguing stats with professor. He somehow "proves his points" without actually ever making a cogent argument.

I know you were all over this in your one-man reach around that was the UT/Wisc thread, but how exactly did Wisc "out-play" Tenn?

Besides the fact that UT out gained them and was considerably more penalized. Your claims of Wisc getting robbed on that fumble reversal had to be nothing more than a fishing trip because the replay showed it plain and clear that the guy recovered it out of bounds. So, no alleged "home cooking" for UT. Honestly, the thing that stuck out for me was the fact that the UT coaching staff had felt they'd lost ground to Les Miles for dumbest coach in the SEC. Twice they squandered 1st down inside the UW 20 with stupid trickery. If they just kept doing what they'd been doing to get themselves down the field on those occasions, it wouldn't have even been that close.

Oh, I forgot, Tampa is basically a home game for UT. I mean, it's only like a 12 hour drive or so.

I can see you didn't watch the game as Wisconsin manhandled Tenn all afternoon and if not for the refs turning a blind eye on the go ahead winning drive for Wisconsin, the scoreboard would have reflected the obvious.

Pretty sure that was SEC country, and VERY sure 12 hours is only a mere 1/2 the time traveling from Wisconsin.............advantage............SEC , again.