[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rose Bowl

theeohiostate

Have to be impressed with the Illinois defense. They are outmatched in this game and playing very very well. Aside of USC's first 2 possessions, the Illini have faired better then I had figured they could.

Big play there....we'll see if that helps.

I get the feeling that USC is just toying with them....so now, they'll want to put up some points, and we'll see how impressed we are with the D.

Big play there....we'll see if that helps.

I get the feeling that USC is just toying with them....so now, they'll want to put up some points, and we'll see how impressed we are with the D.

I think the Illini D is legit in this game. Remember Big 10 D's struggle against the spread, running QB's and fast WR's. USC has none of the above. If Illinois can get some help with TE from Ohio, Davis , they can continue to give USC some struggles. May be far fetched, but the way they've played after USC's first 2 possessions gives them momentum.

D, it was awesome last night...32, we got about 5 inches of snow, the type that sticks in every tree. A few days ago, I helped my daughters build a snow fort with some sticky snow that fell, and last night, we added to it on New Years Eve until about 11:00 PM.

Now, it's less than 20, windy as crazy, and the end of the drive was all ice from the plows. Shoveling that was less painful than watching the Illini...

:D Sounds awesome. It's down to 38ish right now. Just got back from pickin' up some firewood and we're lockin' ourselves indoors for the rest of the day. Supposed to get even colder tomorrow night.

Hearing about BC's trip to the Rose Bowl and watching this game on TV makes me miss California. Sorta. :D

If Mendenhall comes back for his senior year and Williams works on his play action and passing, this team is going to be fits in the Big 10 next year.

Geesh ! Another turnonver..........3 staight possessions and 2 in scoring position . Young team making too many mistakes in the big stage. USC playing a home and being the flat out better team has made them pay.

Edited by theeohiostate

If Mendenhall comes back for his senior year and Williams works on his play action and passing, this team is going to be fits in the Big 10 next year.

Mendenhall is not coming back...he can play in the pro's, and if he leaves, he wants to give his brother the chance at the starting job.

thought the freshman was making a play on the ball in the endzone on the PI call.....bad call IMO

Sorry man but that was about as obvious a PI call as there is. He clearly was the initiator of the contact in a direction that prevented the SC WR from completing his route to catch the ball.

The Freshman McKnight looks amazing !

This kid will put the Bush in his place. Looks like a talent and 1st rounder as a Freshman !

:D Yeah, he looks good.... but 1st round talent as a freshman? Come on.

not only is USC good...they are lucky.

Teams do create their own luck but SC got every bounce in this game, not to say that ILL ever had a chance in this game, but SC just had so many bounces go their way, like the missed lateral, perfect bounce receiver picks it up and goes to the 10, btw who the hell is that Davis guy that ran him down, WOW that guy has speed for days.......

Sorry man but that was about as obvious a PI call as there is. He clearly was the initiator of the contact in a direction that prevented the SC WR from completing his route to catch the ball.

:D Yeah, he looks good.... but 1st round talent as a freshman? Come on.

If AD would have been able to go pro after his freshamn year, he might have been #1 overall...... :D

Teams do create their own luck but SC got every bounce in this game, not to say that ILL ever had a chance in this game, but SC just had so many bounces go their way, like the missed lateral, perfect bounce receiver picks it up and goes to the 10, btw who the hell is that Davis guy that ran him down, WOW that guy has speed for days.......

Davis is quick and raw...they will miss their two safeties next year....they really do like to lay a lick.

I agree with the good teams make their own luck. Every break has gone USC's way, and I hate watching my team get trounced AND have peaches by the bucket like that happen.

IF the game would have gotten to 21-17, who knows what could have happened? :D Instead, a fumble, and the lateral bounce turning into a 60 yard gain.

1 Vontae Davis, DB

Height/Weight: 6-0/205 | Birthdate: 05/05/1988 | Birthplace: Washington, D.C. | Team: Illinois | Class: Sophomore

You don't think that speed was corn-feed do you??

1 Vontae Davis, DB

Height/Weight: 6-0/205 | Birthdate: 05/05/1988 | Birthplace: Washington, D.C. | Team: Illinois | Class: Sophomore

You don't think that speed was corn-feed do you??

Scout and Rivals say he has 4.4 speed, that looked more like 4.2 speed to me.........I got it on DVR and it was an amazing play for Davis, something that the pro scouts will look out for sure.

Scout and Rivals say he has 4.4 speed, that looked more like 4.2 speed to me.........I got it on DVR and it was an amazing play for Davis, something that the pro scouts will look out for sure.

McKnight was taking an angle to the coner of the field however, so Davis made up alot of ground that way.