[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hawaii vs Georgia

theeohiostate

no chit- obviously- what does an NFL team playing a home game have to do with a bowl game?? asbolutely nothing that's what.

The only relative compariosn would be the SB- which like bowl games, is played in warm weather cities.......

carry on with yer craziness

Dude, what in the hell are you talking about ?

I simply said the NFL does it..................then you reply with what that is to mean. You read into something and spewed out your idiodic post.........again :D

If the NFL can have playoffs in the North at this time of year, then why is it so hard for you to understand it's possible that bowls be played at the same time ? If you can't understand my statement , please don't reply with a post that has no relevance to this one as you did the last :D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But HFA in the NFL is earned based on record. Neutral sites are always warm weather/domes.

I guess the Superdome for LSU is a neutral site ?

Is the Rose Bowl neutral for USC ?

If neutral were the case, I'm all for it, but the SEC played every bowl game in SEC country except Missouri and we see how that played out.

We all know the only reason LSU was taken over USC , OU or Georgia, was it would be a home game for them, this gives the BCS an "out" , as LSU playing at home gives them a good shot of winning and covering the arse of the BCS selection committee for putting them there.

Edited by theeohiostate

Kinda like last year's OU effort, huh? At least you should get satisfaction in seeing your Sooners asswhip my Mountaineers. I hope not, but we'll see. Man, these BCS games are shaping up to be yawnfests. I hope WVU can hang with OU but I don't have too much confidence. Maybe we'll get a good game for the NC.

Boise St was undefeated last yr. They didnt lose to App St then beat the defending National Champs FLA in UF's backyard in the bowl.

The NFL does it , why not the NCAA ? It's an obvious advantage for Southern and West coast teams to have their fans travel such a small distance, thereby more can afford to go to the game. I see no reason NOT to have a bowl game in the North............are you saying that you wouldn't like the idea of a Rose Bowl in poor weather conditions, which favors the Big 10 ?

??? No NFL Playoffs in the North.............are you losing it ?

I simply said the NFL does it..................then you reply with what that is to mean. You read into something and spewed out your idiodic post.........again :D

If the NFL can have playoffs in the North at this time of year, then why is it so hard for you to understand it's possible that bowls be played at the same time ? If you can't understand my statement , please don't reply with a post that has no relevance to this one as you did the last :D

As you said earlier.....

DUDE!

DUDE!

Come on man.... you really can't be this clueless, can you? Are you seriously comparing the PLAYOFFS for the NFL with COLLEGE BOWL GAMES?

Take a second. Clear your mind. Take off the "OSU homer / blast the SEC" glasses. College. NFL. NFL. College. Apples. Oranges.

:wacko::D

I honestly hope you're :D here. I really, really do.

the NFL does what? have teams play home playoff games?? Khloe, Kim and Kourtney Kardashian does that have to do with a college bowl game played on a neutral site?

just the fact that you think bowl games in the north in the winter is a solid idea shows what a smart guy you are. Won't happen- Seattle tried to have a bowl game and it was a joke- I don't think the game in SF does any

so yer endless drivel about Big 10 teams playing on the road blah blah- the only relevant comparison is the SB since it is a neutral site? capice?

the NFL does what? have teams play home playoff games?? Khloe, Kim and Kourtney Kardashian does that have to do with a college bowl game played on a neutral site?

again this clueless moran fails to see that the Superdome and Rose Bowl aren't neutral for LSU and USC.

Can we give this guy a cluebox please

I find it funny everyone is jumping off the Hawaii bandwagon after this game. Everybody was pointing to Boises State last year as proof that Hawaii could win. One game changes all the hope these small non-BCS conference schools have? Give me a break.

again this clueless moran fails to see that the Superdome and Rose Bowl aren't neutral for LSU and USC.

Can we give this guy a cluebox please

So does that mean we should just take the two schools playing and find the center city for both schools? What do you propsed is done? Each bowl change locations due to the schools involved? Kinda not plausible at all and I'm a Big 10/OSU fan also.

Edited by Goopster24

I find it funny everyone is jumping off the Hawaii bandwagon after this game. Everybody was pointing to Boises State last year as proof that Hawaii could win. One game changes all the hope these small non-BCS conference schools have? Give me a break.

I was never on the Hawaii bandwagon, they are who i thought they were. This is no different than if they woulda scheduled anyone good in week 1 or 2 of this season, and got thumped.

So does that mean we should just take the two schools playing and find the center city for both schools? What do you propsed is done? Each bowl change locations due to the schools involved? Kinda not plausible at all and I'm a Big 10/OSU fan also.

Not suggesting that at all, but seems as though some homers who get homefield advantage every bowl season have forgotten the little fact.

Edited by theeohiostate

Almost looks like a repeat of last season. SEC wins yet another BCS matchup in blowout fashion while the Big 10 gets blown out again by USC.

Be careful Oklahoma.

Only difference this year, is that anyone with a brain could have predicted Illinois and Hawaii to get wrecked. No one saw that Michigan beatdown coming last year, although everyone saw the notre dame beat down coming.

The differences between last year's BSU team and this year's Hawaii team are vast.

To begin with BSU had been building up some serious rep over the previous years. In 2004, they lost a close game to a very good Louisville team in a bowl to bust up a perfect season and in 2005 they finished a respectable 9-4 with another close loss to a ranked team in a bowl game.

As far as the difference between their 2006 campaign and Hawaii's this year...Not only did they look better vs the same weak in-conference schedule than Hawaii did, their only game against a major conference team was much different than Hawaii's. BSU beat bowl-bound OSU rather handily while Hawaii came from behind and scraped past last place Washington.

Lastly, as far as the game that made everyone stand up and take notice. That proved the WAC could compete, if you will... That was against an Oklahoma team that was simply not that great. They had a 18 pt loss to a Texas team that was good but hardly great and ended up with no victories against anyone in the final AP top 25. They beat A&M by a point. The same A&M team that got beat by 35 by Cal in a bowl game that year. I mean, as good as the Big 12 was this year, they were that bad last year. I would imagine the only conference champion that would have been an easier draw for BSU would have been Wake Forest, and I'm not even positive about that.

Couple that with the fact that BSU, in the midst of what has likely been as impressive a four year run anyone from a mid-major has seen in some time (though Utah under Urban Meyer would certainly have something to say about that), is now 1-3 in bowl games (including this year's loss to anything but outstanding ECU)... Perhaps the argument that these guys deserve more respect should be put on the shelf for a bit.

I was 100% on the BSU bandwagon last year and certainly love to see the little guy do well. I also am in favor of anything that makes the BCS look bad because it is the single lamest thing in major sports. However, I was very much convinced that Hawaii was going to get slaughtered last night.

The differences between last year's BSU team and this year's Hawaii team are vast.

To begin with BSU had been building up some serious rep over the previous years. In 2004, they lost a close game to a very good Louisville team in a bowl to bust up a perfect season and in 2005 they finished a respectable 9-4 with another close loss to a ranked team in a bowl game.

As far as the difference between their 2006 campaign and Hawaii's this year...Not only did they look better vs the same weak in-conference schedule than Hawaii did, their only game against a major conference team was much different than Hawaii's. BSU beat bowl-bound OSU rather handily while Hawaii came from behind and scraped past last place Washington.

Lastly, as far as the game that made everyone stand up and take notice. That proved the WAC could compete, if you will... That was against an Oklahoma team that was simply not that great. They had a 18 pt loss to a Texas team that was good but hardly great and ended up with no victories against anyone in the final AP top 25. They beat A&M by a point. The same A&M team that got beat by 35 by Cal in a bowl game that year. I mean, as good as the Big 12 was this year, they were that bad last year. I would imagine the only conference champion that would have been an easier draw for BSU would have been Wake Forest, and I'm not even positive about that.

Couple that with the fact that BSU, in the midst of what has likely been as impressive a four year run anyone from a mid-major has seen in some time (though Utah under Urban Meyer would certainly have something to say about that), is now 1-3 in bowl games (including this year's loss to anything but outstanding ECU)... Perhaps the argument that these guys deserve more respect should be put on the shelf for a bit.

I was 100% on the BSU bandwagon last year and certainly love to see the little guy do well. I also am in favor of anything that makes the BCS look bad because it is the single lamest thing in major sports. However, I was very much convinced that Hawaii was going to get slaughtered last night.

i agree with mostly what you said. Couple all that with the fact that BSU had a running game. Hawaii is completely one dimensional. But your best point was the fact that Hawaii was not that imrpessive in whipping the also rans. Their final 6 games were decided by a touchdown or less. Next year I believe Hawaii plays Florida. Good luck.

It's easy to say all that now, but if you look at last year's point spread Boise State was about an eight point underdog as was Hawaii this year vs. Georgia. Prior to KO many felt Hawaii was capable of pulling the upset every bit as much as Boise State last year.

The people that thought Hawaii had a shot at hanging with Georgia are out of their damn minds then. 1 dimensional passing teams get eaten for lunch, when you have the kind of speed on the defensive line that UGA does. Brennan was on his back all game long, and with no threat of a running game, that spells blow out.

The people that thought Hawaii had a shot at hanging with Georgia are out of their damn minds then. 1 dimensional passing teams get eaten for lunch, when you have the kind of speed on the defensive line that UGA does. Brennan was on his back all game long, and with no threat of a running game, that spells blow out.

Agreed, The only people giving Hawaii any pub was SEC fans, knowing they had another home game against a 3rd rate team, and they do this to make the blowout look good. Anyone with any common sense and no homer ties, had this game pegged a blowout as i did 50-10 , got it close 41-10 final. Georgia playing in front of all their fans against a team that struggled with last place Pac10 team Washington??............gimmie a break for the morans claiming Hawaii was legit :D

It's easy to say all that now, but if you look at last year's point spread Boise State was about an eight point underdog as was Hawaii this year vs. Georgia. Prior to KO many felt Hawaii was capable of pulling the upset every bit as much as Boise State last year.

Fine enough, I'm just saying that I was certainly not one of them. In fact, I made it abundantly clear in this post that the game would likely not be worth watching.

Werd. It was all hopeful wishes and guys wanting to be the one who said it would happen if, for some reason it did. I mean, nobody's going to razz you for saying Hawaii's got a shot the way they would if you said UGA was going to mop the floor with them if they ended up losing that game.

Can I assume everyone who absolutely knew Hawaii would lose by more than 10 are now retired from winning so much $$$? Not trying to say Hawaii had a better chance to winning the game than Georgia, but in my mind Michigan didn't have any better of a chance winning over Florida or Illinois over USC.

Well, I also thought Ill would get throttled as well. Michigan? With the way they finished the season strong (only a 7 pt loss to the mighty, mighty Buckeyes slowing them down), I can't see why anyone is hugely surprised by the outcome. I would have certainly taken UF straight up, but would have not laid points. Beyond that, it really looked like the Michigan seniors had something to prove, having gone 0-3 in bowls prior to that. Well, that and sending out Lloyd Carr with a win and looking good for the new guy. Certainly enough to fuel a win. A close one, BTW, though there are certainly others who would believe it was a blowout.

Well, I also thought Ill would get throttled as well. Michigan? With the way they finished the season strong (only a 7 pt loss to the mighty, mighty Buckeyes slowing them down), I can't see why anyone is hugely surprised by the outcome. I would have certainly taken UF straight up, but would have not laid points. Beyond that, it really looked like the Michigan seniors had something to prove, having gone 0-3 in bowls prior to that. Well, that and sending out Lloyd Carr with a win and looking good for the new guy. Certainly enough to fuel a win. A close one, BTW, though there are certainly others who would believe it was a blowout.

IMO Hawaii and Illinois certainly had as much to prove & fuel a win as the seniors from Michigan. Both Illinois and Hawaii were looking to earn some respect not only for themselves, but for their conferences as well. You may disagree but the Sugar Bowl was one of the most anticpated games of this bowl season. Granted not many expected a Hawaii win, but many held out hope of an exciting game to watch.

Well, I also thought Ill would get throttled as well. Michigan? With the way they finished the season strong (only a 7 pt loss to the mighty, mighty Buckeyes slowing them down),

Nice try , but your bait is weak and stinky :D

OSU did only allow Michigan 90 yards of total offense, didn't Florida allow 6 times that much and the score of that Michigan/ Florida game didn't reflect the total domination Michigan gave the Gator defense, fumbles inside the redzone and 2 at the goal line, would have made for a 30 point blowout point differnce. Yes, the mighty Buckeyes slowed the high powered offense down, especially in relation to Florida.

The Sugar Bowl was the only game this entire season, I failed to watch...............that says enough.

Edited by theeohiostate

I predicted a Big Ten-SEC split on new years day, I was right. No way did I think Florida would thump Michigan. Unlike Hawaii, Michigan has a balanced offensive attack, and were finally healthy. I think anyone who thought that Florida would destroy Michigan like they did to Ohio State last year is just an arrogent SEC fan. It just goes to show you, it's all about MATCH UPS!