[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hawaii vs Georgia

theeohiostate

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched bits and pieces of the Sugar Bowl. I knew it was gonna be ugly. I saw all I needed to see on the very first possession of the game, when Hawaii gets a delay of game penalty before even taking a snap. Welcome to big time college football. Go back to Honolulu, and please stick to the Hawaii Bowl.

I don't think there is any doubt Hawaii blowout loss will hurt the smaller non BCS schools chances of earning a BCS bid in the immediate future. However that is why the BCS has placed the rule that should a non BCS school finishes in the top 12 in the BCS standings they earn an automatic bid much like Notre Dame gets an automatic bid if they finish high in the standings. Really don't think you could have picked a more deserving team than Hawaii this year under the current BCS rules.

The real shame would have been if Hawaii was overlooked this season and won a meaningless bowl game finishing their season undefeated and many wondering what might have been. If you don't think so then you only need to look back to last year to see what Boise State accomplished.

Too bad Hawaii and Ill didn't play each other, while the fans got to see the USC v. UGA game we deserved. Man, that would've rocked - USC run D vs. UGA run attack, and vice versa.

Oh well, maybe next year it will get better somehow. Anyone know what 'tweaks' they're planning, short of a playoff? Sure hope its something useful.......

Too bad Hawaii and Ill didn't play each other, while the fans got to see the USC v. UGA game we deserved. Man, that would've rocked - USC run D vs. UGA run attack, and vice versa.

Oh well, maybe next year it will get better somehow. Anyone know what 'tweaks' they're planning, short of a playoff? Sure hope its something useful.......

ABC would have loved a USC vs. Georgia matchup. The problem was that the Big 10 commissioner might have pulled his support for ABC getting the only non BCS game on Fox.

Again the Rose Bowl is the main stumbling block from the BCS getting a one plus game or eventually a playoff of some type.

Edited by Rockerbraves

Yeah with 2 heavily populated regions watching the game, I'm sure ABC was hurting for tv ratings. Theres a reason why the Big Ten is tied in to the big money bowls. You can whine about UGA being "snubbed" from the Rose Bowl all you want too, but the bottom line is, tradition is more important than having USC-Georgia. Rose Bowl hates outsiders. You can blame the big 10 til you're blue in the face, but you need to learn to live with it, because they can't help it the greatest bowl of them all loves them so much.

Yeah with 2 heavily populated regions watching the game, I'm sure ABC was hurting for tv ratings. Theres a reason why the Big Ten is tied in to the big money bowls. You can whine about UGA being "snubbed" from the Rose Bowl all you want too, but the bottom line is, tradition is more important than having USC-Georgia. Rose Bowl hates outsiders. You can blame the big 10 til you're blue in the face, but you need to learn to live with it, because they can't help it the greatest bowl of them all loves them so much.

Please stop making sense. This is the College Football Forum, where the refs love the SEC, every bowl game's a home game for the SEC, and the Big Eleven players wear cement shoes.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think there is any doubt Hawaii blowout loss will hurt the smaller non BCS schools chances of earning a BCS bid in the immediate future. However that is why the BCS has placed the rule that should a non BCS school finishes in the top 12 in the BCS standings they earn an automatic bid much like Notre Dame gets an automatic bid if they finish high in the standings. Really don't think you could have picked a more deserving team than Hawaii this year under the current BCS rules.

The real shame would have been if Hawaii was overlooked this season and won a meaningless bowl game finishing their season undefeated and many wondering what might have been. If you don't think so then you only need to look back to last year to see what Boise State accomplished.

Not exactly sure what was accomplished by BSU winning it's game to go undefeated. They still got passed over for the crown by a one loss team. Hell, all that did was muddy the waters even more.

Not exactly sure what was accomplished by BSU winning it's game to go undefeated. They still got passed over for the crown by a one loss team. Hell, all that did was muddy the waters even more.

Respect is what Boise State accomplished. Have you seen who is on the cover of the NCAA Football video game? Boise State's QB.

Pretty sure if Hawaii would have won last night they would have gotten a little love from the AP pollsters, but no way would they have expected to earn the AP NC.

Respect is what Boise State accomplished. Have you seen who is on the cover of the NCAA Football video game? Boise State's QB.

Pretty sure if Hawaii would have won last night they would have gotten a little love from the AP pollsters, but no way would they have expected to earn the AP NC.

True dat.

Agreed...with those four teams last night, it was easy to see who should have been playing each other. :D

Tradition rules. I don't think USC blowing out Georgia would be any more thrilling than USC blowing out Illinois. So if you aren't going to really fix the problem, then stick with tradition.

True. Illinois would have done the same to Hawaii and USC would have done the same to Georgia. While we may hope for something different, we can't offer any proof that it would have played out differently. Hell if we did get Georgia/USC and Illinois/Hawaii..................we may all be wishing for the matchups that took place yesterday.

True. Illinois would have done the same to Hawaii and USC would have done the same to Georgia. While we may hope for something different, we can't offer any proof that it would have played out differently. Hell if we did get Georgia/USC and Illinois/Hawaii..................we may all be wishing for the matchups that took place yesterday.

Party pooper. Who let you into my dreams anyway? You logical people suck... :D

uh negative.......

I think USC/UGA would have been a helluva ballgame- and I think it would have been close, I think UGA matches up pretty well with USC, and highly unlikely. The way UGA plays, I have a hard time believing they would be blown out by anyone.............

And I don't think the Illini would be blowing out Hawaii- possible, but unlikely. I think talent disparity between UGA/USC and Illinois is pretty apparent.

I doubt after watching UGA/USC do battle, anyone would be clamoring for the Illini :D

uh negative.......

I think USC/UGA would have been a helluva ballgame- and I think it would have been close, I think UGA matches up pretty well with USC, and highly unlikely. The way UGA plays, I have a hard time believing they would be blown out by anyone.............

And I don't think the Illini would be blowing out Hawaii- possible, but unlikely. I think talent disparity between UGA/USC and Illinois is pretty apparent.

I doubt after watching UGA/USC do battle, anyone would be clamoring for the Illini :D

:D If Washington can give Hawaii all it wants, I can assure you Illinois would pound them into the mud.

A really painful night last night Although I didn't expect Hawaii to win, I was hoping they would give a better performance than they did. Georgia just out-talented them, had more speed, and out-played them from the opening gun.

Even so, I was really happy to see them there, and you can't take away what they accomplished. Hawaii is a Div I team that has the most obstacles in their way every season. They have a recruiting budget less than what my wife and I make in a year, a isolated location that deters many kids from coming, and a school administration that is tepid in their support of the program. That June Jones has managed to do what he has done with them is nothing less of remarkable.

Even though they got whumped, I'm still proud of what my adopted school did this season(lived in Hawaii for 7 years) and look forward to following them again next season.

uh negative.......

Yep those SEC teams have really shown that they have a LOT more talent than the Big Ten in the match ups with each other.