[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worst BCS bowl season to date ?

theeohiostate

Can't remember a less competitive BCS Bowl season since it's inception, anyone ?

Rose Bowl - blowout

Sugar Bowl - blowout

Fiesta Bowl - OU should blow WV out

Orange Bowl -??? Really, do either VaTech or Kansas get anyone other then their fans excited to watch this game, especially when Kansas doesn't even deserve to be there ?

NC Game - appears that it will be a highly contested game, but with questions about the legitamacy of LSU being in this game over USC or OU , many will dismiss it.

Best bowl game i've seen this season in Michigan vs Florida or the Oregon ST/ Maryland game.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with questions about the legitamacy of LSU being in this game over USC or OU , many will dismiss it.

I'd say more people question Ohio State's spot in this game than LSU's especially now considering they lost to an Illinois team that just got massacred by USC. The Bucks can shut everyone up once and for all with a win, but I doubt this game will be very competitive. LSU by 17.

I'd say more people question Ohio State's spot in this game than LSU's especially now considering they lost to an Illinois team that just got massacred by USC. The Bucks can shut everyone up once and for all with a win, but I doubt this game will be very competitive. LSU by 17.

werd - OSU and the Big 10 is fraud, and a healthy, rested LSU is gonna dummy them

LSU 34

OSU 17

the bowl games have been pretty lackluster - and we will have USC and likely OU sitting there on the sidelines as good as anyone

I beg to differ, considering ArKANSAS and Kentucky both got punked and they both punked LSU

OSU is the ONLY legitamate player in the big dance, but LSU is taking someone's seat

werd - OSU and the Big 10 is fraud, and a healthy, rested LSU is gonna dummy them

LSU 34

OSU 17

the bowl games have been pretty lackluster - and we will have USC and likely OU sitting there on the sidelines as good as anyone

Wanna bet? Didn't think so. The only dummy around here is you :D

Michigan and Wisconson both outplayed their SEC opponents today. Don't be haten' cause the PAC10 didn't live up to the hype you stated all season. They're basically a top 5 conference, but that's it. Without USC the PAC 10 is just another WAC or MAC , or anything else ending in ....AC

I beg to differ, considering ArKANSAS and Kentucky both got punked and they both punked LSU

OSU is the ONLY legitimate player in the big dance, but LSU is taking someone's seat

Wait...I'm confused??? Didn't Kentucky WIN their bowl game?? So why were they "punked" as you call it?

Please don't say it was because FSU was depleted from all the suspensions... after all, the cry of the Big 10 fan is " A win, is a win...we just play who is in front of us"...

Win is a win, you are correct. That said, I wouldn't see any Big Ten fan use it as some sort of barometer of conference strength either. Look Big Ten is pretty much doing exactly what I thought they would this bowl season. I was optimistic about 5-3, if Ohio State beats LSU, then they go 4-4. Hardly a bad showing considering they had a much tougher bowl slate (as ALWAYS) then the SEC, who landed themselves 2 mid-majors (1 of which is the weakest BCS team in the history of the BCS, Hawaii), and a depleted Seminole team. I'm not going to sit here and thump my chest about the Big ten being great, because quite frankly, I never did all year long. I just kept saying that you should wait until the bowl season to judge them. Big Ten drew 1 mid major, ACC Runner Up, SEC Champion, Pac 10 Champion, SEC runner up, and probably the 3rd best SEC team as well. So if you're gonna say the SEC is by far and away the best conference, well, the Big Ten faced 3 of their 4 best by the end of it, and if they win they go 2-1 vs that conference. I'd say that any unbiased person, wouldn't be dumb enough to say that the Big Ten is as bad as it was being labeled all year long. Which was my only point to begin with.

Win is a win, you are correct. That said, I wouldn't see any Big Ten fan use it as some sort of barometer of conference strength either. Look Big Ten is pretty much doing exactly what I thought they would this bowl season. I was optimistic about 5-3, if Ohio State beats LSU, then they go 4-4. Hardly a bad showing considering they had a much tougher bowl slate (as ALWAYS) then the SEC, who landed themselves 2 mid-majors (1 of which is the weakest BCS team in the history of the BCS, Hawaii), and a depleted Seminole team. I'm not going to sit here and thump my chest about the Big ten being great, because quite frankly, I never did all year long. I just kept saying that you should wait until the bowl season to judge them. Big Ten drew 1 mid major, ACC Runner Up, SEC Champion, Pac 10 Champion, SEC runner up, and probably the 3rd best SEC team as well. So if you're gonna say the SEC is by far and away the best conference, well, the Big Ten faced 3 of their 4 best by the end of it, and if they win they go 2-1 vs that conference. I'd say that any unbiased person, wouldn't be dumb enough to say that the Big Ten is as bad as it was being labeled all year long. Which was my only point to begin with.

How about Big Ten playing teams that have home crowds!!!

PSU plays in Texas against A&M.

Illinois plays USC in Rose.

Michigan plays Gators in Florida.

OSU plays LSU in the Super Dome.

I think the Big Ten has shown very well so far considering who and where.

Wait...I'm confused??? Didn't Kentucky WIN their bowl game?? So why were they "punked" as you call it?

Yes, they won by 7 against a lower ranked Florida St team, even at full strenght..............OH, but this team had 36 players not playing and an additional 3 more injured .

No doubt KY got punked by the Florida St JV squad :D

I was leaving this point out, becausepeople love to downplay it. Regardless of anyones opinion... year in and year out, the Big Ten has the toughest bowl match ups.

Yes, they won by 7 against a lower ranked Florida St team, even at full strenght..............OH, but this team had 36 players not playing and an additional 3 more injured .

No doubt KY got punked by the Florida St JV squad :D

Wait a minute. I thought determining who won or lost regardless of the actual score is Sgt. Ryan's department. I see a cease and desist order coming your way very soon.

Wait a minute. I thought determining who won or lost regardless of the actual score is Sgt. Ryan's department. I see a cease and desist order coming your way very soon.

OH ! I SEE ! The same people that shoot down out of conference opponents are the same the enjoy easy bowl match ups :D

Maybe if the rest of the conferences got to play 90% of their bowl games in familar arenas with 90% of the crowd behind them, things would be different. Probably not though, as we saw yesterday when the slow Big 10 struggled with it's SEC opponents, whipping up on Tenn and Florida

I disagree, it's been the best bowl season in a few years. :D

Go Blue. I can finally breath during an off-season.

Think he was referring to BCS bowls. Even then the results have been pretty much the same up to this point.

Rose Bowl

2007 USC had their way with Michigan (32-18) and this year with Illinois (49-17)

Sugar Bowl

2007 LSU had their way with Notre Dame (41-14) and Georgia with Hawaii (41-10)

Yep, the BCS has been handing cup cakes to the SEC in the Sugar bowl last few season, I mean REALLY, Notre Dame and Hawaii............ :D

And some morans around here , like to hang their hat on it :D

We saw what the SEC is made of yesterday, and the day before.

Kentucky getting pummeled by the Florida St JV squad

ArKANAS hanging 50 on LSU, getting shut out against Mizzu

Florida who completely outplayed LSU, getting pummeled by a team held under 90 yards by OSU, waxing the Gators

Tennessee, the 2nd place finisher in the SEC, getting a ref aided 7 point win in front of a homecrowd against a midicore Big 10 team, about as good as Northwestern

No need to even argue these facts, they are what they are. When OSU hangs the kittens in their backyard, I can't wait to here some of these excuses................. :wacko:

OH ! I SEE ! The same people that shoot down out of conference opponents are the same the enjoy easy bowl match ups :D

Maybe if the rest of the conferences got to play 90% of their bowl games in familar arenas with 90% of the crowd behind them, things would be different. Probably not though, as we saw yesterday when the slow Big 10 struggled with it's SEC opponents, whipping up on Tenn and Florida

Perhaps, in some perverse way, you see yourself as royalty. You certainly make your self laugh often enough and declare yourself the victor of debates that you don't bring anything to. So I can easily see how you've declared yourself king of some pathetic little domain. But that's really the only reason you could be using the 1st person plural to describe what was witnessed in yesterday's SEC/Big 10 matchups.

Perhaps, in some perverse way, you see yourself as royalty. You certainly make your self laugh often enough and declare yourself the victor of debates that you don't bring anything to. So I can easily see how you've declared yourself king of some pathetic little domain. But that's really the only reason you could be using the 1st person plural to describe what was witnessed in yesterday's SEC/Big 10 matchups.

WE all saw what happened yesterday, if you take off your blinders you may be surprised :D

WE is plural, meaning more then I, and basically everyone in the country, outside the homefield team and fans in the SEC

I was leaving this point out, becausepeople love to downplay it. Regardless of anyones opinion... year in and year out, the Big Ten has the toughest bowl match ups.

Do we really need to go over this again? :D Here, I'll make it easier for you midwesterners that obviously have several brain cells frozen due to the weather.

How would that PSU/TexAM matchup looked at Heinz Field? I trust it was in the 20's and probably snowing that day.

How would have the ILL/USC game looked at Soldier FIeld? Again, cold and snowy.

Michigan against Florida.... ooh, say this one was in a dome; Ford Field. Still, it's cold and snowy outside and who really wants to endure that when sunnier options are at your disposal and have been money-makers for years?

OSU vs. LSU in Cleveland or Cincy....?

..... you get the idea.

Again, Big Eleven Apologists, cry all you want about your poor wittle teams having to travel for their bowl games... but you have to be a complete and utter idiot to not realize that the bowl games are about MONEY and little else. The MONEY factor would be severely limited had these bowls been in cold-weather climates. Get a clue.

Edited by darin3

Michigan and Wisconson both outplayed their SEC opponents today. Don't be haten' cause the PAC10 didn't live up to the hype you stated all season. They're basically a top 5 conference, but that's it. Without USC the PAC 10 is just another WAC or MAC , or anything else ending in ....AC

uh, doochbag- we already bet $100 on the game- hopefully you didn't forget. I could see it slip yer mind after pounding cough syrup and making random, idiotic posts all thru the holidays.

$100, and I have LSU SU - please confirm

yet act is tired- Wisky outplayed Tenn- awesome!! they lost- beat it. Mich looked good, they loosened up the playbook, I was impressed and they gave Lloyd a nice going away gift-

one thing was very apparent watching the Rose Bowl- USC had superior players all over the field on both sides of the ball, and dominated them like no one in the Big 10 is capable of doing. Ill? please that team is .500 at best in the Pac 10.

The level of play between the 2 conferences is significant.

Yer comment about the Pac 10 being only USC is idiotic, what a shocker