[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wildcard Weekend Gamblers (Anonymous) Thread

Steeltown Dre

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just can't quit the parlays. My big play this weekend is:

Sea -3

Jax-

LSU-

Also took Jacksonville ATS.

And my crazy ass parlay of the week is:

Sea-

Sea u39.5

Jax -3

TB -3

TB u39.5

All I can say is GO Jacksonville.....please go!!!!

My plays for today:

Sea -3

Biggest play: Pit/Jac O 37.5 (most at this line, and some at 38.5)

Moisture is already there and the field will be getting wet tonight. I think this favors Pit and the Under, but I'll leave my over on this one for now. May tone it down later, if I can get 41, but would still leave over 50% on the over.

After winning my pick 'em contest for the 2nd time in 3 years, I am in a pick ATS contest (sides/totals) for the playoffs. I've played the above plays and will also select Pit in the contest, though I'm not sure if I will place a separate wager on them or not. I'm taking them at +2.5 because you can't buy points, but if I wager I will take them for +3.

I hate the fact that weather is now a concern for the Pitt/Jax game. I was going to bang the Over hard. Now I'm unsure.

I agree. This game for me was a perfect setup and was part of my top overs plays that went 18-1, and that record included a couple of those snow games. So that's a pure/unfiltered record. The good thing is, if you haven't made your bet yet and you like the over, wait until closer to gametime. That way you'll be able to see some of the field in pregame, and I'm guessing w/ the number at anywhere from 40 to 41, you may get a better value on either the points or the juice to take the over closer to kick.

But, remember, however the field looks 20 minutes before kick, if it does rain for 1-2 hours which is equivalent to the first 2-3 quarters, the field will be in pretty bad shape come the 4th quarter. We just need to know how heavy/sustained the rain will be. I still have not tried to shoot for a partial reversal/middle, and still like the over as of now, I just don't love it like I did earlier in the week.

I had the same feeling and parlayed SEA -3.5 + PIT s/u. Halfway there, and PIT looking strong on opening drive.

7-0 strong!

Another factor here for me, too. My girlfriend is in a tie-breaker to win her Pick-em pool for the season...if JAX loses she takes 1st place, for a NICE sum. So really the JAX ML bet is just a little insurance on my end.

If Jax wins, she can still take it if SD covers 9.5 tomorrow, but why win tomorrow when you can win today? :D

I wish pitt got the 2 pt conversion because now if the Jags win by a fg I get hooked since I am laying 2.5..Bullchit call on the PI

Edited by whomper

I wish pitt got the 2 pt conversion because now if the Jags win by a fg I get hooked since I am laying 2.5..Bullchit call on the PI

Game aint over yet, Whomp.

You were lucky to get -2.5, another reason I took the JAX ML was because I couldn't GET anything but JAX -3 +105.

We'll get 'em tomorrow.

My regrets to those that fell short tonight, but I needed that one like I need oxygen. Big parlay still in play needing only a straight up win by LSU. Definitely considering going for the meaty middle on that one with a hedge.

David Garrard is my hero.

My regrets to those that fell short tonight, but I needed that one like I need oxygen. Big parlay still in play needing only a straight up win by LSU. Definitely considering going for the meaty middle on that one with a hedge.

David Garrard is my hero.

Will be pullin' for ya, Ratt.

Personally went 3-0 today, two big plays and a small one (JAX ML).

I'm looking SD -9.5 tomorrow, right now. Not sure about the TB/NYG game yet, but leaning towards the Bucs. We'll see.

Will be pullin' for ya, Ratt.

Personally went 3-0 today, two big plays and a small one (JAX ML).

I'm looking SD -9.5 tomorrow, right now. Not sure about the TB/NYG game yet, but leaning towards the Bucs. We'll see.

When the Jags were up big I was wishing I had the balls to put Jax -3 in that parlay instead of ML. Needless to say, by the end of the game my tune changed considerably!! Whew! That was one hell of a ride. Where are my Tums?

When the Jags were up big I was wishing I had the balls to put Jax -3 in that parlay instead of ML. Needless to say, by the end of the game my tune changed considerably!! Whew! That was one hell of a ride. Where are my Tums?

For real, Ratt. SEA up by 13, I have SEA -3, feeling pretty good. HELLO, now they are losing 14-13??? I was spitting out cursewords my girl claimed she'd never heard before...perhaps I was speaking in tongues?

Then the whole JAX/PIT roller-coaster. Lord, I think I need a new hobby.

NAH :D

I am starting to really think the Giants are a great play today. The Bucs have a nice team and are very opportunistic on D but I am starting to think the Giants have a few noteable performances under their belts this year against better competition and I dont see that as much from the Bucs in that weak division. Gracia scares me a little because he is a winner and a playmaker but I am leaning towards big blue. I am going to pound the Chargers bigtime though. I have no problem laying that 10

Edited by whomper

I am starting to really think the Giants are a great play today. The Bucs have a nice team and are very opportunistic on D but I am starting to think the Giants have a few noteable performances under their belts this year against better competition and I dont see that as much from the Bucs in that weak division. Gracia scares me a little because he is a winner and a playmaker but I am leaning towards big blue. I am going to pound the Chargers bigtime though. I have no problem laying that 10

You are thinking the same way everyone else is. I believe the money is strong on both of those sides. I'm pointing in the exact opposite direction.

Tampa Bay is going to beat the Giants today. This is a perfect situation for the books. They have all the cattle herded into taking the road dog that they are all convinced will win the game outright. But I don't think it is going to turn out that way. Everybody is too high on the Giants after last week's performance, and too low on the Bucs since they have been resting their players. It is a trap.

As gametime nears I also find myself thinking the Chargers may be a trap. Nobody is giving the Titans a sniff here, and with good reason. They are beat up. Missing players. Already lost at home to this team a few weeks ago. I can't think of one good reason the take the Titans here. But I can't help but think that this just looks too easy. I have a policy about betting against Vince Young. I generally don'tdo it. I have a similar policy about Jeff Fisher. The Chargers have all the talent. All the momentum. All the health. Home field advantage. And a giant chip on their shoulders from last year's debacle in the playoffs.

Why is it then that my "little man" (as Kramer called it) is telling me to take the Titans +10.5. Probably because I have been burned so many times over my bettng career following the herd mentality of the public play with these kinds of huge spreads. I know it makes no sense. This should be a Chargers blowout. It just looks too damn easy. I advise caution.

Edited by rattsass