[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SEC vs BIG 10

theeohiostate

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feeling sort of sorry for bashing you like that, so I thought I might help you out.

SEC BCS Games

1. Won 1999 Fiesta Bowl*

2. Won 1999 Orange Bowl

Lost 2000 Orange Bowl

Lost 2000 Fiesta Bowl

Lost 2001 Sugar Bowl

3. Won 2002 Sugar Bowl

4. Won 2002 Orange Bowl

5. Won 2003 Sugar Bowl

6. Won 2004 Sugar Bowl*

7. Won 2005 Sugar Bowl

Lost 2006 Sugar Bowl

8. Won 2007 BCS National Championship Game*

9. Won 2007 Sugar Bowl

TOS, stay focused this is where it gets tricky. Remember to carry over :D:D

10. Won 2008 Sugar Bowl

SEC will play in 2008 BCS National Title Game*

I don't think I am the only one doubting the strength and OOC schedule OSU played.

Take a look at LSU's OOC schedule ... outside of playing VTech very early in the season their OOC schedule is super weak. IMO, playing that weak of a schedule and having two losses they shouldn't be in the NC game.

Take a look at LSU's OOC schedule ... outside of playing VTech very early in the season their OOC schedule is super weak. IMO, playing that weak of a schedule and having two losses they shouldn't be in the NC game.

This should tell you how bad the University of Washington football season went this season. I went to their website figuring they must of had a tough outer conference schedule for you to keep bringing up LSU's and this is no chit. The University of Washington official athletic website has already taken down this year's 2007 schedule and results and replaced it with 2008. :D

Since they won't tell me . What was the Huskies final record this season? :D

If you haven't caught on yet, Washington is quickly becoming known as one of those rent a win teams for schools like Hawaii and BYU.

Edited by Rockerbraves

Which would be a great argument if absolutely anyone could point to having a stronger OOC schedule than LSU. Dude, we went through this before and you failed to do so then. Why do you keep bringing this up? Just name one school in the running for the NC game with a stronger OOC schedule than LSU. Just one.

And when you do. Kindly explain why it's stronger.

I don't know how anyone can argue that LSU doesn't belong. I mean I think they've been over-hyped all year long, but LSU won the SEC, and in any year, that warrants some sort of discussion.

Georgia: Wasn't even good enough to win their division, let alone their conference.Next.

USC: Probably the best team, but losing to Stanford at home as a 41 point favorite, takes any school out of the mix.

Kansas: See Georgia

Va Tech: Got destroyed by said LSU team.

Mizz: Had their chance, and blew it, lost to Oklahoma twice, and weren't conference champions, which IMO is more important than anything.

OU: Maybe the only team before the bowl games that might have an equal claim. They won their title, and their 2 losses are pretty much equivalent to LSU's 2 losses, but again, LSU has the non conference win to trump them here. However... you can no longer take Oklahoma seriously due to the loss to West Virginia.

I don't know how anyone can argue that LSU doesn't belong. I mean I think they've been over-hyped all year long, but LSU won the SEC, and in any year, that warrants some sort of discussion.

Georgia: Wasn't even good enough to win their division, let alone their conference.Next.

USC: Probably the best team, but losing to Stanford at home as a 41 point favorite, takes any school out of the mix.

Kansas: See Georgia

Va Tech: Got destroyed by said LSU team.

Mizz: Had their chance, and blew it, lost to Oklahoma twice, and weren't conference champions, which IMO is more important than anything.

OU: Maybe the only team before the bowl games that might have an equal claim. They won their title, and their 2 losses are pretty much equivalent to LSU's 2 losses, but again, LSU has the non conference win to trump them here. However... you can no longer take Oklahoma seriously due to the loss to West Virginia.

:D:D BrianW, dropping knowledge. :wacko::D

You don't need to be an LSU jock-sniffer to realize that they've got just as much right to be in the NC game as anyone. Not because they're great, because I really don't think they are. Quite simply because their resume is at least as good as anyone else's. End of story.

One glaring ommission from your list of contenders... West Virginia. After watching every minute of every bowl game it was clear that they were the best team playing. They would have destroyed either of those teams last night.

OSU outgained LSU all night but couldn't stop shooting themselves in the foot. LSU was opportunistic and did what they needed to do to win. Neither one could have played with WVU.

I'm not a big fan of the A beat B and B beat C logic but LSU did choke against Arkansas who was routed by that same Mizzou team that you mentioned.

One glaring ommission from your list of contenders... West Virginia. After watching every minute of every bowl game it was clear that they were the best team playing. They would have destroyed either of those teams last night.

OSU outgained LSU all night but couldn't stop shooting themselves in the foot. LSU was opportunistic and did what they needed to do to win. Neither one could have played with WVU.

I'm not a big fan of the A beat B and B beat C logic but LSU did choke against Arkansas who was routed by that same Mizzou team that you mentioned.

Kinda like WVU choked against Pittsburgh, who wasn't even in a bowl game (i.e. losing record)

LSU owes West Virginia much credit for this NC. Sincere thanks. :D