[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is your top 10?

Bonedaddies

funny how all of these SEC schools are now overrated, after 4 months of hearing how great they are. Rocker, I love how you call Notre Dame a Big Ten team when it suits you. Everyone knew LSU was going to pound them at home... not much of an accomplishment considering Michigan and USC beat them just as bad during the season (Michigan anhilitated them in South Bend). You did what was already proven a good football team could do, not to mention Ohio State racked up 600 + yards on them the previous year in a BCS Bowl game. And does anyone REALLY think Hawaii is better than Illinois? Illinois, despite everything still has a win over the #1 ranked team in the country in the horseshoe, where almost no one (unless you have Super Man aka Vince Young) beats them. Hawaii has nothing to hang their hat on. They played a schedule that my Hawkeyes would have run the table on.

Looking back I think you'll see they most the people overrating the Gators at least in this forum were non SEC fans. Guess no one could believe a good SEC team could destroy the buckeyes last year, so that means the Gators sort of fall into the same category as a team like USC that no matter how bad they look it only takes one game and everyone thinks they are great again. The Gators were a good SEC team this year but not an elite team.

As far as everyone knowing LSU would destroy ND last year. As I pointed out before, that wasn't the case in this forum where the majority picked ND in the huddle contest. So I ask if LSU beats OSU will you be saying the same thing next season?

And finally, does anyone really think that Illinois is better than Hawaii? :D

Looking back I think you'll see they most the people overrating the Gators at least in this forum were non SEC fans. Guess no one could believe a good SEC team could destroy the buckeyes last year, so that means the Gators sort of fall into the same category as a team like USC that no matter how bad they look it only takes one game and everyone thinks they are great again. The Gators were a good SEC team this year but not an elite team.

As far as everyone knowing LSU would destroy ND last year. As I pointed out before, that wasn't the case in this forum where the majority picked ND in the huddle contest. So I ask if LSU beats OSU will you be saying the same thing next season?

I think my history speaks for itself in admitting when I'm wrong about teams... so I will give LSU their due if they win, just like I did to Florida. And I don't recall the majority of people picking ND. There are some ND homers on here that probably did, I did, but purely out of strategy in hopes to get some points that no one else got, but I was wrong, I picked LSU to win, and bet on them as well.

I think my history speaks for itself in admitting when I'm wrong about teams... so I will give LSU their due if they win, just like I did to Florida. And I don't recall the majority of people picking ND. There are some ND homers on here that probably did, I did, but purely out of strategy in hopes to get some points that no one else got, but I was wrong, I picked LSU to win, and bet on them as well.

Most did take ND over LSU. Granted many might have for the very reason you did, but how dumb would that be if you knew LSU was going to win. That reasoning doesn't makes sense. What I'm surprised about the most with your top ten besides the Michigan ranking?? is throwing Coffeman's Trojans a bone just because they romped over Illinois. Have you forgotten they lost at home to a 41 point underdog? Who did USC beat this year that makes you think they are so great?

What I'm surprised about the most with your top ten besides the Michigan ranking?? is throwing Coffeman's Trojans a bone just because they romped over Illinois.

Sorry, but the Trojans don't belong to me. They belong to the world - all are welcome....

Most did take ND over LSU. Granted many might have for the very reason you did, but how dumb would that be if you knew LSU was going to win. That reasoning doesn't makes sense. What I'm surprised about the most with your top ten besides the Michigan ranking?? is throwing Coffeman's Trojans a bone just because they romped over Illinois. Have you forgotten they lost at home to a 41 point underdog? Who did USC beat this year that makes you think they are so great?

They won the Pac 10, and I'm told by some here that the Pac 10 was a close 2nd to only the SEC. Not only that, but I said that I made this top 10 ranking based solely, on how a team is playing RIGHT now. I might have over-rated Michigan a little bit, but to me, there have been 4 pretty impressive performances so far this bowl season... USC hammering Illinois, Michigan virtually doing whatever they wanted too offensively and Texas throttling Arizona State in the Holiday. I'd throw West Virginia in there too. Everyone else pretty much did what was expected, or fell on their face.

Didn't LSU beat Florida? And didn't you pimp that game out like it was a pretty big deal? Again, this is the first I've heard ANY SEC fan say that it was a down year for the conference. Maybe you can pull a post you made from October or November showing that any of you said it was a down year.

They won the Pac 10, and I'm told by some here that the Pac 10 was a close 2nd to only the SEC. Not only that, but I said that I made this top 10 ranking based solely, on how a team is playing RIGHT now. I might have over-rated Michigan a little bit, but to me, there have been 4 pretty impressive performances so far this bowl season... USC hammering Illinois, Michigan virtually doing whatever they wanted too offensively and Texas throttling Arizona State in the Holiday. I'd throw West Virginia in there too. Everyone else pretty much did what was expected, or fell on their face.

You must think alot of Illinois since the oddsmakers had them the biggest underdog on the board.

Guess from a SEC perspective I have to give Missouri some love. Not that I thought the Hogs would win, but I did think it would be a good game. If Choklahoma would not have been beaten by West Vagina the Big 12 might get my vote for the 2nd toughest conference this season.

Didn't LSU beat Florida? And didn't you pimp that game out like it was a pretty big deal? Again, this is the first I've heard ANY SEC fan say that it was a down year for the conference. Maybe you can pull a post you made from October or November showing that any of you said it was a down year.

LSU beat them, but unlike many in this forum I wasn't overly concerned that LSU might have to beat the Gators again in the SEC Championship game. As far as being a down year you must understand that's from a SEC perspective. Pretty sure I wasn't making wild claims prior to the bowl season. That was you when you were touting the SEC and all it's SPEED to go undefeated. Do I think LSU is an elite team on a national level. You bet I do, but that doesn't mean the SEC was having an up season. Heck LSU captured the West pretty much with 2 games left in the SEC schedule.

LSU beat them, but unlike many in this forum I wasn't overly concerned that LSU might have to beat the Gators again in the SEC Championship game. As far as being a down year you must understand that's from a SEC perspective. Pretty sure I wasn't making wild claims prior to the bowl season. That was you when you were touting the SEC and all it's SPEED to go undefeated. Do I think LSU is an elite team on a national level. You bet I do, but that doesn't mean the SEC was having an up season. Heck LSU captured the West pretty much with 2 games left in the SEC schedule.

So the pretty clear fact that you continually pointed to all the ranked wins all season long as the main barometer for LSU, most of which came at the expense of your conference opponents, doesn't hype up the SEC? Not too logical. Basically saying you beat a bunch of teams that were overrated.

You must think alot of Illinois since the oddsmakers had them the biggest underdog on the board.

Guess from a SEC perspective I have to give Missouri some love. Not that I thought the Hogs would win, but I did think it would be a good game. If Choklahoma would not have been beaten by West Vagina the Big 12 might get my vote for the 2nd toughest conference this season.

They were big underdogs because of who they were playing. Now I grant you, Georgia wouldnt have been as big of a dog, but they would be a dog nonetheless. And the odds don't mean much, when one of the other big underdogs was Michigan, we all saw what happened there.

So the pretty clear fact that you continually pointed to all the ranked wins all season long as the main barometer for LSU, most of which came at the expense of your conference opponents, doesn't hype up the SEC? Not too logical. Basically saying you beat a bunch of teams that were overrated.

Not overrated by national standards just SEC standards. See the difference. :D

I still don't see the difference, because I didn't see any SEC fans, much less the one I'm responding to right now say that at any time until 1 of their biggest wins of the season got thumped. Kind of odd?

Don't lump all SEC fans in with Rocker....I personally don't think the SEC had a down year. I think the conference just had more parity because the typical lesser teams of the conference stepped it up. The dominant teams of the SEC were there again at the end of the year...they just had an even tougher time than normal getting through the conference schedule.

Brian , cmon. Mich at 4 is an absolute joke. Yes they came out and played an awesome game to send Lloyd out- but it was just one game- there is no way they are that high. You gotta take the entire body of work into account. Mich goes from an average team to #4 bc they beat an overrated FLA? uh no.

1 USC

2 UGA

3 WVU

4 Mizzou

5 KU

6 Texas

7 Tenn

8 VATech

9 OKL

10 AUB

edit - not including OSU/LSU

my final -

1. LSU

2. USC

3. UGA

4. WVU

5. MIZZ

6. KU

7. OSU

8. OKL

9. TEX

10. VT

pretty nice showing by the Big 12 with 4 in the top 10, AP as well

Here's the Top 10 after Ohio State's victory tomorrow night ..........

1. Ohio State

2. USC

3. Georgia

4. West Virginia

5. Kansas

6. Missouri

7. LSU

8. Boston College

9. Texas

10. Oklahoma

The 10 best teams after LSU'S victory last night .........

1. USC

2. LSU

3. Georgia

4. West Virginia

5. Ohio St.

6. Kansas

7. Missouri

8. Boston College

9. Texas

10. Oklahoma / Virginia Tech