[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Warren Sapp retires

budlitebrad

Not even close to the most liked player, but definitely one of the top defensive tackles of all time. Almost made it to 100 sacks.

Agreed. A hundred sacks for a DT probably would've made him a lock for the HOF. I'm thinking that he still gets in, but maybe not right away.

Something tells me that should Indy come calling in the offseason, his retirement may look a lot like Junior Seau's...

Something tells me you're smoking crack. :D

Seriously he's well past his prime and a dickhead to boot, something Polian has a very low tolerance for. I'm thinking not. And G-F-B that.

ie cut him loose when the time was right. That's the one.

The time to cut Vanderjagt was years before, when he made the disparaging comments about Dungy and Peyton. He was also fudging kicks in critical situations long before the PIT playoff game (the MIA playoff game, '04 opener at Foxboro, the '03 game at TB where he got saved by the stupid "leaping" call against Simeon Rice and almost missed the second attempt, etc.).

You obviously didnt see the game where he got ejected. Dude made plenty of noise that game. Ive always hated him, and Im glad he is out of the game. When he was in Tampa, he was well known as a big dick head.

YOU SO TOUGH, YOU PUT ON A JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of my favorite quotes, when he took on Mike Sherman of the Packers for talking crap to him after his legal hit on Cliffton.

The time to cut Vanderjagt was years before, when he made the disparaging comments about Dungy and Peyton. He was also fudging kicks in critical situations long before the PIT playoff game (the MIA playoff game, '04 opener at Foxboro, the '03 game at TB where he got saved by the stupid "leaping" call against Simeon Rice and almost missed the second attempt, etc.).

You're reaching. Yeah he f-ed up and made one stupid remark about Manning and Dungy not being "emotional enough" after an embarrassing playoff loss to the Jets - something which wasn't totally inaccurate IMO, but regardless, hardly comparable to Sapp's numerous stupidities.

PS and oh btw, he followed that up the next year by becoming the first kicker in NFL history to go an entire season, including the playoffs, without missing a field goal or PAT and averaged 86% FG accuracy over the next 2 years after that before Polian brought in Adam V.

Do you seriously still think this is even close to a valid comparison?

• 1 month later...