[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

10 Players to avoid in Draft rebuttal

pig devilz

Randy Moss

Randall the Great is another player that bitched his way out of a situation he didn't like. When I heard the news I was stunned. Randy Moss goes to New England? The home of unselfish play, keeping your mouth shut, and giving it all you've got all the time, and winning. All foreign concepts to Randy Moss.

Most of you probably know better than to draft Moss this season, but just in case you are climbing out on the ledge, I'm here to talk you down.

Clear your head. Cleanse away the hype. Moss would be lucky to put up numbers closel to those Deion Branch had before the Patriots let him go. It is just the way the Patriots do things. There is no guarantee that Moss will have anything other than an average middle of the pack fantasy receiver season, and an average season is exactly what I expect.

Yes, Moss has the best quarterback he will ever have throwing him the ball. But unless the Patriots give their game plan a facelift, I just don't see Moss fitting in. Unless Belichick is changing his philosophy of coaching, this move makes almost no sense at all. I look at it as a knee-jerk reaction to getting offensively spanked by the Colts in the playoffs last season. Belichick figures he needs some firepower for that one playoff game he knows he will have to win to get to the Super Bowl. And that is where Moss comes in.

But I think there may be a false rush to judgment that the Pats are going feed Moss the ball on a consistent basis, and I just don't see it.

Moss will have some big games when the situation warrants it, and he decides to show up. But his last big season was all the way back in 2003. Three years of mediocrity while his skills have eroded, his interest has waned, his weight has increased, and his speed has slowed. But suddenly this new address is suppose to cure all his ills? Going to a team that spreads the ball around like nobody's business? Hmmm.

And even if Moss is a good soldier, finally grasps the concept of a team, and does have a rebound season, he still plays for a coach that makes fantasy players pull their hair out on a weekly basis with his injury report circus. And Moss will likely be overvalued in this years fantasy drafts. If you are a dynasty leaguer, and you are holding Moss, pray that he has a big game within the first three weeks of the season and then in the full glow of the hype, dump him like a cheating girlfriend.

Any man is entitled to his opinion, and this is yours. I don't critisize you for it. Please keep dishing it out,

it takes all kinds.

I didn't see your article before the draft, but it would not have swayed my opinion. I was taking Moss

with my second pick, but he was already gone.

What i do take exception to is your heavy handedness/personal attack on Moss in this article.

It seems to me you didn't do all of your homework and opted for the easy way out, ie a beat down of Moss.

As a public writer, i would have expected that you dig deeper. You barely leave the door open a crack

that Moss could have anything more than an 'average middle of the pack fantasy receiver season.'

And, unless 'Belichick is changing his philosophy of coaching', you gave Moss no shot at all.

This is were you fall short and should have put more emphasis on why Belichick went after Moss,

that process and Moss' 'injury' in the preseason. Instead, you took the easy beatdown road.

The Patriots and Belichick would not bring a cancer onto that team. The meetings, interviews,

meetings with players and Moss (including Brady) were all well documented. Moss' first days here in NE

and throughout the preseason, pointed to a Moss that was drinking the kool aid. A Randy Moss that

had one thing, and one thing only in his sights, a SB ring.

This was not a 'knee-jerk' reaction to a loss in the AFC Campionship game. It was a well thought out

acquisition of one of the most prolific WR's in the game and hooking him up with one of the greatest QB's

in the game. And all for a 4th round pick.

All that being said, i commend you for sticking your neck out. If you do a bit more homework,

next time you may ground your opinion in situational fact and less emotion.

keep on keepin on....

:D

The topic was closed for a reason. If Moss played for anyone other than NE, you could probably give a crap about the "heavyhandedness" & "personal attack" aspects - and Moss' character, even now, is suspect to say the least, despite his behaving himself for your beloved Pats for 1 whole season. :D at "The Patriots and Belichick would not bring a cancer onto that team." Moss was a proven cancer, and he very well may regress to that in the very near future.

Leave it alone, and please stop with regalling us with the public worshipping of everything perfect that is NE. Man, it's going to be great fun to watch them get knocked off in the playoffs & then hear all the NE fans whine about poor reffing or whatever other excuse they'll come up with.

There is a difference between the good natured ball busting that Az was referring to and the antagonistic idiotic call out that Watermans thread was all about. We have had many predictions threads bumped. Its the way of the land here and usually above board and funny. Waterman is a useless asshole in my opinion. I never see him post anything worth reading and he purposely swings from the sacks of controversial players for attention. Human nature made ratt take some parting shots in his post because he was responding in kind to a thread that had only 1 purpose. To humiliate him

There is a difference between the good natured ball busting that Az was referring to and the antagonistic idiotic call out that Watermans thread was all about. We have had many predictions threads bumped. Its the way of the land here and usually above board and funny. Waterman is a useless asshole in my opinion. I never see him post anything worth reading and he purposely swings from the sacks of controversial players for attention. Human nature made ratt take some parting shots in his post because he was responding in kind to a thread that had only 1 purpose. To humiliate him

Agreed...I never saw the other posts and PM'd ratt to apologize for jumping the gun and telling him he should have handled it differently. Had it been me, the response would have been worse. Glad this thread was started so I could make the apology public.

Edited by The Wolf

There is a difference between the good natured ball busting that Az was referring to and the antagonistic idiotic call out that Watermans thread was all about. We have had many predictions threads bumped. Its the way of the land here and usually above board and funny. Waterman is a useless asshole in my opinion.

WaterMan + piz devilz = two tards in a pod

Just out of curiosity, is there a post from WaterMan BEFORE the season started predicting big numbers for Randy Moss? I know he started one once Randy blew up in Week 1. Kinda easy to do after the guy goes for 9-183 and a TD.

But I'm talking a predicition that he would finish among the top "x" WR's. You do that WaterMan? Cause if you didn't, your bashing someone else's predictions are pretty L A M E.

the rebuttal was for rattsass...my take on his article.

not open season for childish remarks from bill, billy and darin.

but you guys just cant keep it in your pants can you?

and you wonder why threads get locked.....sheesh

Upon rereading rattsass' prediction on Moss again, I don't see much of a problem with his assertions. Sure, maybe the thing about the move being a knee-jrek reaction was out there, but historically Belichick had spread the ball around a ton and definitely frustrated fantasy owners. And Moss has aged a bit, shown little motivation, was hurt all preseason, etc. - I'm not sure how can anyone be blamed for saying "Buyer Beware" in this context.

In the year of tebow

The lazy one will catch all passes

The golden boy with charming smiles

Will share in the asterisk

From the writings of Nostradamus.

I am guided in all things fantasy football by his predictions.

Upon rereading rattsass' prediction on Moss again, I don't see much of a problem with his assertions. Sure, maybe the thing about the move being a knee-jrek reaction was out there, but historically Belichick had spread the ball around a ton and definitely frustrated fantasy owners. And Moss has aged a bit, shown little motivation, was hurt all preseason, etc. - I'm not sure how can anyone be blamed for saying "Buyer Beware" in this context.

I agree. There were clearly risky factors in drafting Moss this season. Injuries, history, etc. Hell, even his O.C. in Oakland (you know, the Bed and Breakfast guy) said he thought Randy's physical skills were eroding. Those were all reasons I avoided him. I still did pretty well this year.

C'mon... it ain't easy going out on a limb with the NFL these days.

Just out of curiosity, is there a post from WaterMan BEFORE the season started predicting big numbers for Randy Moss? I know he started one once Randy blew up in Week 1. Kinda easy to do after the guy goes for 9-183 and a TD.

But I'm talking a predicition that he would finish among the top "x" WR's. You do that WaterMan? Cause if you didn't, your bashing someone else's predictions are pretty L A M E.

Yeah, I just checked. Did a search for "Moss" posts by WaterMan.

Not a single post before the season with a prediction in it.

There are TONS of the "I told you so's" in October.

Interesting.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...t&p=2022041 (5/3/07 I said Moss would be the best)

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...t&p=2017234 (read it and weep Capt'n)

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...t&p=2017276 (and here is people beating me down back in 4/29/07)

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...st&p=857495 (back in 2005)

edit: :D

Edited by WaterMan

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...t&p=2022041 (5/3/07 I said Moss would be the best)

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...t&p=2017234 (read it and weep Capt'n)

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...t&p=2017276 (and here is people beating me down back in 4/29/07)

who needs friends , right ? :D

Yeah, I just checked. Did a search for "Moss" posts by WaterMan.

Not a single post before the season with a prediction in it.

There are TONS of the "I told you so's" in October.

Interesting.

waterman is a tool (obviously), but if there's one thing he's been consistent on it's his boylove for randy moss.