[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2008 Early Bird Predictions

theeohiostate

1. Ohio State

2. Oklahoma

3. Florida

4. Georgia

5. Southern California

6. Missouri

7. Louisiana State

8. Virginia Tech

9. Kansas

10. Clemson

11. West Virginia

12. Texas Tech

13. Illinois

14. Texas

15. Wisconsin

16. Tennessee

17. Auburn

18. Arizona State

19. South Florida

20. Penn State

21. Connecticut

22. Virginia

23. Boise State

24. Florida State

25. Ball State

http://www.nationalchamps.net/2008/earlybird/index.htm

What do you have against your official school name?

Not sure but it drove LSU fans crazy all year when CBS announcers would refer to LSU as Louisiana State. You would have thought as many games as that CBS crew did this season with LSU they would have caught on.

Guess it's like TCU fans prefer TCU over Texas Christian University.

Florida is ranked too high unless there is serious improvement in the defense.

Not many will be surprised by this high of a ranking, especially with a Heisman winner at QB. The Urban Meyer-led Gators will be savvy and swaggering as almost every unit returns intact. The Gators had a huge turnover this past year on defense, and they will again lose two safeties that truly had everyone’s back. But the trial-by-fire that forced this year’s learning curve on D will pay dividends next season with nine starters returning. The only thing seemingly working against them is the fact that most of the country is now running similar versions of the spread - Florida used to have a unique version, but Meyer’s innovative approach is now in fad, so defenses are better geared for it. Still, superior athletes like Brandon James, Percy Harvin and dual-phenom Tim Tebow will continue to keep the ball moving with their balanced effectiveness, regardless of the opponent. Non-cons Miami and Hawai’i – both at home - look manageable. Trips to Knoxville (won SEC East) and Auburn, who has beat UF the past two times, are true challenges, and home tilts with national title hopeful LSU, South Carolina and FSU are no gimme’s. The superior recruiting classes seen here lately have so much talent waiting in the wings, a Florida J.V. team would do nearly as well. This past season was not supposed to be the year the Gators would defend a national championship with all of the youth being served. The expectations for 2008 are quite the opposite.

With 9 starter back, I'd imagine they'll be improved and that offense is scary good. SEC will be good, I'm picking Georgia next season though.

I wonder if this would have been posted by TOS if anyone other than his mighty Buckeyes were at the top of the list. :wacko:

Of course :D

Actually i was STUNNED to see the Bucks atop any list. When goggling to find any preseason rankings, I was guessing we'd be around 5 or 6, but #1 :D I don't buy it at all, we have to travel to USC in week 3, where we'll likely loose , so I don't see how that isn't factored into the equation. IMO, USC followed by Georgia should be the top 2 in the country.

Not sure but it drove LSU fans crazy all year when CBS announcers would refer to LSU as Louisiana State. You would have thought as many games as that CBS crew did this season with LSU they would have caught on.

I guess I don't understand.

Any of you guys call me Francis...I'll kill ya.