[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worst Bowl Coverage to date

Coffeeman

I would agree that the commentators have been awful. They just cant seem to capture the excitement that is involved in college football. Part of that may be due to the fact that, for the most part, the games have been blowouts!

Can't beleive the play by play announcer for the BCS NC is a Buckeye. :D

Should be interesting to see if Brennaman can be unbias on replays. :D

Bucknuts: As you look ahead to this Ohio State-LSU match-up, I know you probably can not make a prediction. But what are some of the things you expect to see with this game?

Brennaman: “LSU is one of those teams that, to be quite honest with you, I’m looking forward to seeing them in person. All I heard about all year long was how great their defense was. The last seven games, they averaged giving up 35 points a game. Now they play in a great conference and they play against teams with a lot of good skill position players. But that is a lot of points to give up if you’re considered to be a great defensive team. I’ll be interested to see how great they are in person when we get down there.”

http://www.bucknuts.com/news/story.php?article=2460

Gotta say. Maybe both teams showed up, but the freaking TV guys sure didn't. That was just awful. What the hell do you need to do to get a freaking replay?

There were so many borderline calls that we never got a decent replay on. When they did, half the freaking screen was obscured by logos and they showed the damned thing fading to commercial. It was unreal. Same with great plays...nothing. To busy showing dudes partying on the sidelines to bust a replay of the actual TD itself.

A few in particular come to mind. The LSU TE was ruled down by contact before he fumbled. Now, maybe he was and maybe he wasn't, but they showed one quick replay and that was it. No iso, no nothing. Anyone else would be busting out angles and super slow mo. It's as if they wanted peace more than anything else so they didn't want anyone getting any good ammo to question the calls. Dude gets a PF flag and they don't bother ever showing or analyzing what went down.

Just careless.

Gotta say. Maybe both teams showed up, but the freaking TV guys sure didn't. That was just awful. What the hell do you need to do to get a freaking replay?

There were so many borderline calls that we never got a decent replay on. When they did, half the freaking screen was obscured by logos and they showed the damned thing fading to commercial. It was unreal. Same with great plays...nothing. To busy showing dudes partying on the sidelines to bust a replay of the actual TD itself.

A few in particular come to mind. The LSU TE was ruled down by contact before he fumbled. Now, maybe he was and maybe he wasn't, but they showed one quick replay and that was it. No iso, no nothing. Anyone else would be busting out angles and super slow mo. It's as if they wanted peace more than anything else so they didn't want anyone getting any good ammo to question the calls. Dude gets a PF flag and they don't bother ever showing or analyzing what went down.

Just careless.

Fox is awful. The thing that bothers me is they make a bigger deal about these games being on Fox than they do about the games. They try to make themselves bigger than the game. Remember Texas-USC? OU-USC. Those games seemed larger than life, because ABC did a much better job of making the game bigger than the network. Fox makes the network bigger than the game. It's pathetic.

Fox is awful. The thing that bothers me is they make a bigger deal about these games being on Fox than they do about the games. They try to make themselves bigger than the game. Remember Texas-USC? OU-USC. Those games seemed larger than life, because ABC did a much better job of making the game bigger than the network. Fox makes the network bigger than the game. It's pathetic.

Good point - they are so transparent in using it purely as a vehicle to promote their other shows. Somehow the others are more subtle about it, translating into more 'professional'. The worst part? I can't leave the room when a commercial comes on - I can't have my small kids seeing that kind of violence/skin for 3 straight hours. (this is the same with their NFL coverge too.) Again, the other networks aren't so bad - I can go the kitchen or the bathroom without the remote. Ridiculous...