[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Plus One Game

neilfish2

Assuming that this year you had to take the winner of Monday nights game....

LSU/OSU vs ????

I take USC...

Now if this would have been in affect this year, Georgia would not be considered because LSU would have played in the Sugar...

Rose USC vs OSU

Fiesta OU vs WV

Orange VT vs maybe Georgia could have been selected?

This is a quote from Mike Slive (SEC Commissioner) in Today Times-Picayune (New Orleans) special BCS Page....

"But Slive has all but promised that he will champion a Plus One Plan, probable one in which the top four teams are seeded following the regular season with No. 1 playing No. 4 and No. 2 playing No. 3 in Jan. 1st bowls, with the two winners then meeting for the title, rather than the other most common Plus One plan, which calls for the bowls to be played with their "traditional" pairings (for example, the SEC Champions in the Sugar Bowl) and the top two teams in the BCS standings after those games to meet for the title a week or two later."

So if that were the case this year, your parings would have been:

OSU vs OU

LSU vs VT

Edited by neilfish2

OSU vs OU

LSU vs VT

Because, going in VT did nothing for me and OU has already proved it wasn't worthy...

+ 1 does nothing for me.

I have to agree with Brian here

This is a quote from Mike Slive (SEC Commissioner) in Today Times-Picayune (New Orleans) special BCS Page....

"But Slive has all but promised that he will champion a Plus One Plan, probable one in which the top four teams are seeded following the regular season with No. 1 playing No. 4 and No. 2 playing No. 3 in Jan. 1st bowls, with the two winners then meeting for the title, rather than the other most common Plus One plan, which calls for the bowls to be played with their "traditional" pairings (for example, the SEC Champions in the Sugar Bowl) and the top two teams in the BCS standings after those games to meet for the title a week or two later."

OSU vs OU

LSU vs VT

I disagree, I think if there had been a +1 in Slive's format described above, the voters would have put OSU, LSU, UGA and OU into the semifinal games.

I disagree, I think if there had been a +1 in Slive's format described above, the voters would have put OSU, LSU, UGA and OU into the semifinal games.

helluva solution leaving USC out, who would be favored over everyone above.

LSU /WVU

USC /UGA

in hindsight................

Which is why I have been of the opinion that they don't deserve a national title, but they would beat either of these teams that played tonight.

well there is no way we will know that.