[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PIT vs JAX

BeeR

That last FG must have been a kick in the nuts.

Well, it was weird, I had already commited to the loss, so, that field goal just brought me back to that point. Who am I kidding, it f'ng sucked.... :D

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, you have to admit, that was one of the craziest, emotion swinging games ever.

I had given up, then, when the Steelers took the lead, I was dancing around my basement like an idiot. My dog came running down to make sure I was o.k. :D

You know, I was at a MNF game in Dallas in around '96-97 when the Cowboys and Eagles played. I remember the Cowboys scored a td with about 2 minutes left and I looked over at the sideline and saw them all celebrating, etc. I thought, "what a swing of emotion in such a short time if Philly goes down the field and scores." Sure enough, Philly drives down to like the 5 yard line and sets up for a field goal. The Cowboy bench was absolutely shell shocked. Then, Philly botches the hike and game over, Cowboys win. From that moment on, I've always tried to keep the emotions in check because anything can happen. Fast forward to this evening...

They panned over to the Steelers bench after the Jags ran the kickoff to the 20 yard line or so with just a little time left and they showed Santonio Holmes...the same thought ran through my head about going from elation to defeat. And then the Jags pull it out. Wow.

I guess what I am trying to say is, when the Jags were up 28-10, I knew they could screw it up! :D

Edited by I Like Soup

Rovers, I've always like you. I'm not sure why you have an issue with me, but, your agenda tonight is clear.

Why am I posting here during a playoff game ? I love this place. I used to make fun of people like me, that posted on a message board, and actually cared what anonymous people thought. Then, some significant things happened in my life, and I realized how great some of the people on this board can be, and made some "internet friends", who helped me through some difficult times. Years, ago, I would have thought that would have been impossible, but, I love this place, and like interacting with people who dwell here.

Classy. :D

Rovers, I've always like you. I'm not sure why you have an issue with me, but, your agenda tonight is clear.

Why am I posting here during a playoff game ? I love this place. I used to make fun of people like me, that posted on a message board, and actually cared what anonymous people thought. Then, some significant things happened in my life, and I realized how great some of the people on this board can be, and made some "internet friends", who helped me through some difficult times. Years, ago, I would have thought that would have been impossible, but, I love this place, and like interacting with people who dwell here.

Good info here. I guess I should bump my "why I love the Huddle thread" in the Tailgate! :D

Take care Rovers, like I said before, I think you are a GREAT guy that really needs to lighten up, which I know has been said to you before.

Shouldn't there be an Irish wink in there somewhere? :D

Good info here. I guess I should bump my "why I love the Huddle thread" in the Tailgate! :D

Shouldn't there be an Irish wink in there somewhere? :D

:wacko:

PIT actually played better than I thought they would. I thought that PIT dropped off over the last month or so and the loss of FWP was a big hit to the team's ability to move the ball (and score ... even though he doesn't actually do the scoring himself).

They seemed to limp into the post-season, despite the fact that they won their division.

Jacksonville, on the other hand, was on an up swing and has been playing very well as of late. Many people were talking about how Jacksonville may be the Cinderella team this year.

On a neutral field I would have picked Jacksonville to win the game fairly easily. In Pittsburgh I wasn't sure ... I thought PIT might be able to dig deep enough on their own field to gut one out. And for awhile it looked like they were going to do it.

When all is said and done PIT had a pretty good season and it was an entertaining game to watch.

On the topic of bad calls ... I have always thought you simply have to live with them and get over it ... it is part of the game.

On the topic of Big Ben. I have never thought of him as the premier pocket passing QB like Manning, Favre or Brady. He seemed to be an efficient QB doing just enough to support the running game ... making an occassional big play when needed ... keeping mistakes to a minimum. I'd say the uncharacteristic interceptions played a LARGE part in PIT's loss tonight. His play in PIT's last SB win wasn't all that impressive either. No doubt though ... he is a VAST improvement over Kordell Stewart.

NOW ... what scares me is that Dallas was very Pittsburgh like in how they finished the season and I am VERY hopeful that they don't have the same inglorious end that PIT did.

Jacksonville is a VERY good team, even better than I thought. Garrard is one cool customer.

:D

Umm...9 for 21 and 2 INTs...well, he ran on that 4th and 2 play because he wasn't exactly carrying the team with his arm. Then again, you gotta give him credit for not totally losing confidence. I guess.

Okay, the game is now sinking in. I don't want to play Monday morning QB because there were so many elements that could've (and did) changed this game in any direction. I only wanted to point one other glaring bad call that has yet to be mentioned and it had a major impact on the game.

Did anyone else feel that the holding penalty that denied the first Steeler successful 2pt conversion attempt was godawfully bad?

Good game Jax and I hope you make it to the big show. The Jax fans I know are usually pretty classy folks.