[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

why the giants will beat the cowboys next week

isleseeya

Gints win, go get hammered by GB, and GB gets hammered by NE. great. :D

Edit: or worse......GB/Favre has off day and NY gets in SB? That would be the all-time "Slaughter Bowl" :wacko:

Giants face Pats in SB ...one of two things will happen :

1. Pats win

2. Giants win

:D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait! Let me see if I understand this correctly: If you score MORE points than your opponent you will win? Wow. Now it all makes sense.

No, but you will at least have a chance...

If the giants can manage to score more points than they give up, they'll have a chance -- but I'm not sure they can do that even if Romo noodles Jessica all week.

Bad news for the Cowboys.

The Cowboys are 0-2 in the playoffs when facing a team that has a player named, "Bradshaw," not good news considering the Giants have running back Ahmad Bradshaw, who ran for 66 yards against Tampa Bay on Sunday.

Terry Bradshaw led the Steelers to wins in Super Bowls X and XIII by throwing six touchdown passes in two games. He earned MVP honors in Super Bowl XIII with four touchdown passes in Pittsburgh's 35-31 victory.

Ahmad Bradshaw did not get a carry in the Giants' two losses to the Cowboys in the regular season.

I've got no horse in this race... I think that the Cowboys could lose another half dozen starters and still easily win this playoff game against the Giants. This could end up being the most lopsided of all of the playoff games this year.

We've yet to see if Romo, Oh Romeo can stand up to the pressure of a playoff game.

The Giants will win (to my elation an to my brother's disgrace)

He did very well in Seattle last year(except at the end).

The snap... Romo with the hold.... sorry Giant fans, that was last year. I just can't see the Giants winning this game. Their secondary will get lit up, and the Giants offense isn't good enough to win a shootout. The Giants have a great pass rush, and will get to Romo some, but he will hit some long plays. I think at 7 1/2 I'd be tempted to take the points, but I won't be putting any $ on this one. Dallas could really run it up.

TI just can't see the Giants winning this game. Their secondary will get lit up, and the Giants offense isn't good enough to win a shootout. The Giants have a great pass rush, and will get to Romo some, but he will hit some long plays. I think at 7 1/2 I'd be tempted to take the points, but I won't be putting any $ on this one. Dallas could really run it up.

Ah, let them dream...it is a 'fantasy football' website after all :D

Terrell Owens, WR DAL

News: Terrell Owens was still limping Monday on his sprained left ankle and his status for the Dallas Cowboys' playoff game next weekend vs. the Giants is uncertain. Owens has a high ankle sprain and was limited in a light workout Monday. This was the first time Owens had taken part in any team drills since he got hurt in the first half Dec. 22 at Carolina when his leg caught underneath him while being tackled. "It looks to me that it's going to be a game-time decision on him," coach Wade Phillips said. "It's Monday game week. He probably couldn't have played today. ... There is a dilemma there, certainly, in what percentage he's going to be healthy

Terrell Owens, WR DAL

News: Terrell Owens was still limping Monday on his sprained left ankle and his status for the Dallas Cowboys' playoff game next weekend vs. the Giants is uncertain. Owens has a high ankle sprain and was limited in a light workout Monday. This was the first time Owens had taken part in any team drills since he got hurt in the first half Dec. 22 at Carolina when his leg caught underneath him while being tackled. "It looks to me that it's going to be a game-time decision on him," coach Wade Phillips said. "It's Monday game week. He probably couldn't have played today. ... There is a dilemma there, certainly, in what percentage he's going to be healthy

Saw that too Whomp at cowboys.com. Looks like his teammates are figuring on him playing, Phillips is just playing it close to the vest.

I hope.

The players aren't as unsure.

Wide receiver Patrick Crayton admitted that Owens might not be 100 percent for this game, but expects him to be effective, regardless if he's not at his best.

"I don't know if (Owens) is at full strength," Crayton said. "But he's good enough to where he said he's going to practice this week so he can get some timing back."

Crayton has benefitted from playing alongside Owens this year, enjoying a career season with 50 catches for 697 yards and seven touchdowns.

Another player who has enjoyed a banner season is Witten, who broke his own club tight end records for a single season with 96 catches for 1,145 yards and seven touchdowns.

Like Crayton, Witten knows just how important Owens has been to this offense.

"It's going to be great to have him back out there," Witten said. "Obviously, he's our playmaker and he makes all of our jobs easier. They know they have to account for him."

No TO..... No SB

That simple..... Crayton, Hurd, and Austin will not beat anyone....

I agree with that..You didnt mention Witten but without TO they will swarm Witten. I think they can beat the Giants without TO but The Hawks would be tough.

Based on what TO did in the playoffs w the Eagles a couple of years ago, I can see him playing and I can see him being effective. He may be psychotic but there's no denying that he gives everything to the game. That being said, I'm thinking the Giants pull this one off. Momentum counts for a lot in the playoffs and that's something the Cowboys just don't have right now. I can't see them turning it on like flicking a switch.

Gints win, go get hammered by GB, and GB gets hammered by NE. great. :D

Edit: or worse......GB/Favre has off day and NY gets in SB? That would be the all-time "Slaughter Bowl" :wacko:

Did you get a chance to watch the week 17 game between the Pats and the GMEN? I belive the final score was -- umm what was it ? 38-35? Not such of a slaughterbowl? :D

I agree with that..You didnt mention Witten but without TO they will swarm Witten. I think they can beat the Giants without TO but The Hawks would be tough.

My opinion also. Witten isn't going to outrun anyone, and double cover will keep all his receptions short and sweet. I think Glenn still isn't ready, he may last for 2 quarters at best. So that leaves the running game, Giants will play 8 in the box since there won't be a deep threat. and Romo will be frusrated all day.

Our only hope is Eli.....

2 days away and this thread and its title still apply

Giants will win this weekend :D

1. Tony Romo is not 100 percent healthy and his thumb will bother him

2. Terrell Owens is nowehere near healthy and will be at less than full speed

3. it is very hard to beat the same team 3 x in one season , let alone a heated rival

and most importantly Jessica simpson will be at the game

seriously , i expect a great game next week while i do believe my giants will win i am sure it will be very tough ...and i am sure dallas fans wont agree with my assessement

Should be fun though

1. Romo's 100%

2. TO is healthy enough

3. 17 teams have had the opportunity to beat a team 3 times in one season. 11 of the 17 have completed the sweep --> 66%

2 days away and this thread and it's title are still nucking futs.

Based on what TO did in the playoffs w the Eagles a couple of years ago, I can see him playing and I can see him being effective. He may be psychotic but there's no denying that he gives everything to the game. That being said, I'm thinking the Giants pull this one off. Momentum counts for a lot in the playoffs and that's something the Cowboys just don't have right now. I can't see them turning it on like flicking a switch.

What I keep bringing up but Boys fans fail to answer is if Parcells and Jones built such a winner why is it so dependent on a psychotic player like TO?

Isn't that just a bit ironic?

What I keep bringing up but Boys fans fail to answer is if Parcells and Jones built such a winner why is it so dependent on a psychotic player like TO?

Isn't that just a bit ironic?

You could say the same thing about Lawrence Taylor or Moss or Chad Jonhson or Merriman or Irvin, right?

Not sure there's anything ironic about it.

1. Romo's 100%

2. TO is healthy enough

3. 17 teams have had the opportunity to beat a team 3 times in one season. 11 of the 17 have completed the sweep --> 66%

2 days away and this thread and it's title are still nucking futs.

Good then there will be no excuses from Cowboy fans when they lose tomorrow

No TO..... No SB

That simple..... Crayton, Hurd, and Austin will not beat anyone....

He also didn't mention Glenn who I think might surprise and be very effective if not explosive not only tomorrow but in the following weeks of the Playoffs.