[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LSU vs OSU

BeeR

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Jim Delaney, please don't ever allow Ohio State to play an SEC school again. Love Brian

I feel for ya, Brian...I really do...

I expressed that I respect your opinions on college football before. The problem isn't that it is OSU, IMHO. It's that when you match the BEST team from the Big 10 versus the BEST team from the SEC, the levels just aren't the same. I know the records have been shown for the two conferences' OVERALL matchups in the BCS ...the difference lies in the BEST from both matching up...and that clearly shows SEC has the better teams year-in, year-out...

Sorry, again, JMHO....

Edited by millerx

Well... when champions have faced off this decade... after tonight, i agree.. SEC is 3-1. Michigan knocked off bammer in 2000, but since then, LSU beat Illinois, now whooping on ohio state, and obviously last year. But it is Ohio State. Every other team in the Big Ten plays SEC even. Ohio States record speaks for itself. It's a long history, and quite frankly I'm numb to it.

Well... when champions have faced off this decade... after tonight, i agree.. SEC is 3-1. Michigan knocked off bammer in 2000, but since then, LSU beat Illinois, now whooping on ohio state, and obviously last year. But it is Ohio State. Every other team in the Big Ten plays SEC even. Ohio States record speaks for itself. It's a long history, and quite frankly I'm numb to it.

trust me, I'm not trying to pile in here... and the game isn't over yet...

The other thought process I have here, is that the SEC could have two (or sometimes even three) teams that can show up in game like this, where the Big 10 might only have one worthy of this game. Maybe it has to do with the idea that in the SEC every week is a true battle, allowing the teams to be battle tested. I'm not saying the Big 10 doesn't have competition, but in the SEC it just seems like every game is a bruttal contest...if you can come out on top in the conference, that really says something about your team!!!

Edited by millerx

Great game by the tigers.

OSU had some shots and could not take advantage of those opportunties.

Robiskie dropping the td and missing the blocked punt just killed us.

I can't believe he missed that block, but he did and it was a good call.

Congrats to Miles and the LSU Tigers enjoy the win and the Championship.

Great game by the tigers.

OSU had some shots and could not take advantage of those opportunties.

Robiskie dropping the td and missing the blocked punt just killed us.

I can't believe he missed that block, but he did and it was a good call.

Congrats to Miles and the LSU Tigers enjoy the win and the Championship.

The mental mistakes in this game cost Ohio State. Turnovers, 5 personal fouls. You just can't do that vs a team like LSU. Matt Flynn picked a pretty good time to have his best game ever. Congratulations to Louisiana State University!

I give you credit to giving congrats to LSU. Still, there is sound of skepticism as to whether or not LSU won this game, or OSU lost it. Watching the game, it was a close to complete domination by LSU.

So, there's over 11:00 left in the game. You're down by 14. You're on the opponent's 35(ish). What do you do?

A) Pooch punt it, likely pinning the other team inside their own 10-yard line.

:D Try a 52-yard FG, knowing you could cut it to a two-possession game (but with the risk of handing it to the other team at their 42).

C) Throw for the end zone, knowing they've had everything deep completely covered all night long.

Apparently, if you are Sweater Vest, the answer is C--and the result is a sack-fumble returned deep into Buckeye territory. Was I the only one screaming at the TV when I saw the OSU offense out on the field?

Peace

policy

I give you credit to giving congrats to LSU. Still, there is sound of skepticism as to whether or not LSU won this game, or OSU lost it. Watching the game, it was a close to complete domination by LSU.

Yardage was even for the most part, osu didn't have a problem moving the ball. LSU forced turnovers, got the big blocked kick, and you can't deny, stupid penalties like those personal fouls will kill a team. I don't think that's skepticism, I think that's fair analysis of a football game.

A football game, that LSU WON! I tip my hat to them.

Edited by GWPFFL BrianW

So, there's over 11:00 left in the game. You're down by 14. You're on the opponent's 35(ish). What do you do?

:D Try a 52-yard FG, knowing you could cut it to a two-possession game (but with the risk of handing it to the other team at their 42).

C) Throw for the end zone, knowing they've had everything deep completely covered all night long.

Apparently, if you are Sweater Vest, the answer is C--and the result is a sack-fumble returned deep into Buckeye territory. Was I the only one screaming at the TV when I saw the OSU offense out on the field?

Peace

policy

Field goal is out of the question due to the distance and possible block and really that cuts it to 11 points, not to mention the low liner Pet kicked up on the previous attempt. I was begging for a pass to a TE there. I think the call was good just the execution was poor. I don't think you can punt there and I think the time was shorter than 11:00 mintues. I don't understand the no hurry up offense at all.

Field goal is out of the question due to the distance and possible block and really that cuts it to 11 points, not to mention the low liner Pet kicked up on the previous attempt. I was begging for a pass to a TE there. I think the call was good just the execution was poor. I don't think you can punt there and I think the time was shorter than 11:00 mintues. I don't understand the no hurry up offense at all.

I smelled and feared either screen or slant there and was delightfully surprised when they went deep.

Anyone catch the post game show??

With the LSU players huddled around the broadcast desk, chanting SEC...SEC...SEC??? Anyone have thoughts on this?

Why, after winning the NC game, are they chanting SEC?? :D

That is something that took me a while to understand when I first moved down here. The SEC schools really are proud of the conference. The fans are proud of the conference as well. SEC football is just a little different than the Big Ten or maybe any other conference for that matter. They beat the crap out of each other throughout the fall and then root each other on through the Bowl season. This was a big win for more than just LSU. The SEC is once again the top conference in the nation!

Peace

policy

yeah I thought the same thing- it screamed desperation. The OSU thing to do- punt it- and trust your defense. However, they knew they were outmatched, and had to go for it, which is just not in their nature- and it was a bad call.

yeah I thought the same thing- it screamed desperation. The OSU thing to do- punt it- and trust your defense. However, they knew they were outmatched, and had to go for it, which is just not in their nature- and it was a bad call.

As a LSU fan I thought OSU made the right call for going for it. Then again LSU has had alot of success on 4th down conversions lately 27 out of 34 over the past few seasons.

At the time I would have prefered the bucks attempt a FG. :D

No offense but how do you college aficionados manage to watch this rubbish and get all fired up over it? Those non-tackles on that latest LSU TD were just a disgrace to a sixth grader. It's joke football. Gary Crowton? He was a complete failure in the pros.

No lie. Me and 10 of the band members from the 80's could beat either one of these loser franchises. The BCS is an f'n joke. College football is an f'n joke. Fans that watch this crap are an f'n joke.