[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LSU vs OSU

BeeR

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

funny, how not a lot of the media is that sure about who #1 really is. Is it time to get a REAL playoff? I think so. And not some stupid +1 which solves nothing.

Few may question who the best team is, however we all know who #1 is in the BCS & AP. :D

Brian, if the Patriots lose in the playoffs they obviously can't be #1, but don't you think many will still consider New England the best team in the NFL this season?

Anyone catch the post game show??

With the LSU players huddled around the broadcast desk, chanting SEC...SEC...SEC??? Anyone have thoughts on this?

Why, after winning the NC game, are they chanting SEC?? :D

Last night's LSU victory may have put Georgia in next year's BCS NC game just like Florida's win last year helped the Tigers this season.

SEC fans feel it only makes sense to pull for your conferene in every meaningful non conference game.

Few may question who the best team is, however we all know who #1 is in the BCS & AP. :D

Brian, if the Patriots lose in the playoffs they obviously can't be #1, but don't you think many will still consider New England the best team in the NFL this season?

You know and I know that, and my wording was wrong but the media today questioned the validity of all of this. The only difference between this year and 2003 is that the media and Coaches #1 before the bowl game, won that bowl game. It wouldn't have been right for the media to choose Georgia or USC this time. And yes, I do think that the Patriots will be considered the best team regardless of what happens. I agree with you. That is my point. I don't see a lot of people saying LSU is the BEST team this year. I see a LOT of USC. Certainly you would agree, LSU ranks very low among national champions. Certainly you won't deny that.

Certainly you would agree, LSU ranks very low among national champions. Certainly you won't deny that.

Brian, you can't deny it's difficult to compare teams from year to year much less generation to generation especially without any post-history. IMO as history continues to be made we're now starting to see that the LSU team that beat Oklahoma might be better than you thought. Just look at the recent history being made by the SEC. 4-0 in BCS NC along with setting a new NCAA record 7 bowl win season for a conference is quite a feat.

One thing is for certain. History will forever reflect LSU was the #1 team in the country this season. :D

Brian, you can't deny it's difficult to compare teams from year to year much less generation to generation especially without any post-history. IMO as history continues to be made we're now starting to see that the LSU team that beat Oklahoma might be better than you thought. Just look at the recent history being made by the SEC. 4-0 in BCS NC along with setting a new NCAA record 7 bowl win season for a conference is quite a feat.

One thing is for certain. History will forever reflect LSU was the #1 team in the country this season. :D

I didn't know I thought that the 03 LSU team was bad. I simply said they weren't as good as USC, and most people agree with me. Media, and if they had a real vote, coaches too. One thing I know though, no one can take that crystal football away from LSU, and that is to be commended.