[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

THE Truth

alexandernevermind

The field of play never lies......

The "championship" game was eerily similar to last years' contest, both the way it began and ended. The backtracking and excuses may now begin along with the prognostication for next year. I sincerely hope that the Big Ten does return OSU to the championship game next year; I have equally high hopes that the SEC introduces them to UGA (they're not losing a lot of talent this year either).

Congrats LSU Alums & Fans!!!!!

I would disagree on the game being the same in my opinion, but there is no hiding the fact that LSU was the better team.

I think OSU had it's chances in this game. Beanie played a great game and last year we had no running game at all except a Pittman td from like 14 yards out. Robo's drop in the endzone was a killer. The blocked punt that never was will haunt some, but really OSU played a much better game than the Florida game. LSU won this game and made some great adjustments early.

Last year was much harder loss to take, because OSU did not show up at all.

My feelings are of course more for the OSU players and returning to the championship will take a perfect season.

Henton needs to get a look at QB and getting Beanie back will be a blessing.

Edited by sacosud

THis game was very much different than last year. Ohio St killed themselves tonight with penalties and 2 costly turnovers. I certainly never saw that great speed difference tonight, that I have heard so much about for the past month. If anything Beenie looked faster than any LSU player tonight on that run in the first.

A shakey roughing the kicker penalty after OSU stopped LSU to begin the 2nd half was huge, then another 15 yard penalty a play later gave the Tigers a easy TD. Same thing happened in the 2nd qtr, with 2 15 yard penalties on the same scoring drive. Those 4 penalties, along with a huge 15 yard penalty on the OSU FG block cost Ohio St big time in this game. LSU deserved to win no doubt, but it was nothing like last yr. OSU killed themselves tonight, and LSU made them pay for those mistakes. Last yr FLA just buried OSU in every phase of the game, and the game was never close.

THis game was very much different than last year. Ohio St killed themselves tonight with penalties and 2 costly turnovers. I certainly never saw that great speed difference tonight, that I have heard so much about for the past month. If anything Beenie looked faster than any LSU player tonight on that run in the first.

A shakey roughing the kicker penalty after OSU stopped LSU to begin the 2nd half was huge, then another 15 yard penalty a play later gave the Tigers a easy TD. Same thing happened in the 2nd qtr, with 2 15 yard penalties on the same scoring drive. Those 4 penalties, along with a huge 15 yard penalty on the OSU FG block cost Ohio St big time in this game. LSU deserved to win no doubt, but it was nothing like last yr. OSU killed themselves tonight, and LSU made them pay for those mistakes. Last yr FLA just buried OSU in every phase of the game, and the game was never close.

Pretty much the assessment that anyone who objectively watched the game should have. Bucks didn't give up, I'll give them that.

Pretty much the assessment that anyone who objectively watched the game should have. Bucks didn't give up, I'll give them that.

True that. This really was like a heavyweight boxing match. OSU came out with a big punch to start the game, and LSU took the beating and came back to even the score. LSU came back with some flurries and capitalized on OSU mistakes. Both teams traded punches at the end but LSU withstood a possible comeback. Time just ran out on OSU and LSU won by split decision. :D

(For comparison's sake, last year's drubbing by the Gators was a knockout in the 3rd round)

The field of play never lies......

The "championship" game was eerily similar to last years' contest, both the way it began and ended. The backtracking and excuses may now begin along with the prognostication for next year. I sincerely hope that the Big Ten does return OSU to the championship game next year; I have equally high hopes that the SEC introduces them to UGA (they're not losing a lot of talent this year either).

Congrats LSU Alums & Fans!!!!!

Thanks for the congrats and good luck to your Bulldogs next season until they come thru Baton Rouge.

IMO the BCS NC game is fast becoming the SEC's Rose Bowl. No wonder USC has won 10 mythical national championships. :D

Thanks for the congrats and good luck to your Bulldogs next season until they come thru Baton Rouge.

IMO the BCS NC game is fast becoming the SEC's Rose Bowl. No wonder USC has won 10 mythical national championships. :D

Why did you thank him for the congrats? Did you coach or play in the game? Or do you just normally take credit for any and everything you have interest in. Once again you have an incredibly overblown sense of self importance.

Why did you thank him for the congrats? Did you coach or play in the game? Or do you just normally take credit for any and everything you have interest in. Once again you have an incredibly overblown sense of self importance.

Down South it's only down right polite to thank folks who congratulate you. :D

By the way Camel, you would be shocked to find out just what I do for a living. :D

Let's just put it this way, with LSU finishing #1 and if somehow the New England Patriots can win the Super Bowl ,essentially I hit the public relations jackpot. :wacko:

Down South it's only down right polite to thank folks who congratulate you. :D

By the way Camel, you would be shocked to find out just what I do for a living. :D

Let's just put it this way, with LSU finishing #1 and if somehow the New England Patriots can win the Super Bowl ,essentially I hit the public relations jackpot. :wacko:

My bad, I didnt see the last line of his post congratulating the fans and alumns. It really doesnt change my opinion of your online persona. But I was wrong to bash you on this one.

No problem. Figured you didn't like my post about the Rose Bowl. Hopefully you know it's all for fun. :D

I dont recall anything from the Rose Bowl thread that bothered me. I'm sure your a good guy in real life. I also realize its all in fun. But I also think people take themselves too seriously on these boards. and I am pretty sure you are their leader.

Actually the Tressel on the hot seat thread kind of bothered me. Its just silly BS with no basis. Speilman is pissed and says Tressel neads to take the blame and you think that means he is on the hot seat? At this point I know you are just fishing to further tick off Buckeye fans and that is such a petty waste of time. I have yet to figure out how posting the dumbest thing to see if you get a reaction is fishing and why that is fun.

Sorry to rant and thread steal. I'm off my high horse now.

Actually the Tressel on the hot seat thread kind of bothered me. Its just silly BS with no basis. Speilman is pissed and says Tressel neads to take the blame and you think that means he is on the hot seat? At this point I know you are just fishing to further tick off Buckeye fans and that is such a petty waste of time. I have yet to figure out how posting the dumbest thing to see if you get a reaction is fishing and why that is fun.

The reason I posted the thread about the Tressel on the Hot Seat came when I actaully heard buckeye fans calling for it on that radio show. I thought the host would have squashed it, but one of the host was sort of siding with the idea. Claiming buckeye fans deserve better and might be better off with a fresh approach to the game.

I realize OSU wouldn't fire the guy, but you can't tell me buck fans are 100% behind Tressel right now.

My bad, I didnt see the last line of his post congratulating the fans and alumns. It really doesnt change my opinion of your online persona. But I was wrong to bash you on this one.

:D Well done. I'd expect nothing less from a Chicahhhgoan.

:D If only I went your route in my dealings with Rockerbraves.

:wacko: Well done. I'd expect nothing less from a Chicahhhgoan.

:D If only I went your route in my dealings with Rockerbraves.

FYI, I am a displaced Buckeye. Does that change your opinion of me? :D But I love it here and I think I will stay.

And I also erased the first two responses I typed. :D

The reason I posted the thread about the Tressel on the Hot Seat came when I actaully heard buckeye fans calling for it on that radio show. I thought the host would have squashed it, but one of the host was sort of siding with the idea. Claiming buckeye fans deserve better and might be better off with a fresh approach to the game.

I realize OSU wouldn't fire the guy, but you can't tell me buck fans are 100% behind Tressel right now.

I know I'm more than 100% behind him.

I'm at least 110% behind him.

I remember what we had before Tress. :D

I'll take the Michigan killer any day.