[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gibbs Retires

Grits and Shins

Not surprising at all. Not sure if it was his coaching style or his team's inability to draft quailty players and their insistence on over-paying for mediocre veterans.

Sheer tiredness and a realization he wasn't going to have the success he once had would be my guess. Like some athletes, it has taken JG a while to realize his powers are not what they once were.

Sheer tiredness and a realization he wasn't going to have the success he once had would be my guess. Like some athletes, it has taken JG a while to realize his powers are not what they once were.

I don't think it's that. I think the Washington Redskins have too many cooks in the kitchen. Gibbs was a figure head, and a stabilizer, but not the Xs and Os reason behind not taking it to the next level. The lack of a QB is probably more to it than anything else.

hate to see Gibbs go as I would follow that man to a 3-13 season finish and trust he would right the ship. i understand why he is saying goodbye and hope the best for him and his grandson.

as a die-hard redskins fan, i have to like the chances of williams becoming the next hc. i just wonder if saunders will stay on as the off. coordinator if that is indeed the case.

Edited by pork chop express

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure what you're laughing about. He's a proven winner this decade in the NFL and, more importantly, the NFC East. He also has a Super Bowl berth on his resume...

:wacko:

Now they're saying Snyder may wait and interview Spagnuolo. Zorn (SEA QB coach) is the top candidate for OC and Ryan as DC.

Sounds like a lot of changes for a decent team. Could set them back a bit.

And why is Snyder the one who makes this decision? I think hes proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he shouldnt be in charge of evaluating head coaches. :wacko:

Not a fan of this news. Please dont give us Fassel.

PLEAZZEEE HIRE JIM FASSEL!!!! :wacko:

Edited by Kid Cid

Jim Fassel: 8-6 vs Dallas. :wacko:

Im sure Fox had more to do with it then Jim. Im pretty sure Billick had to releive him of play calling duties a few years back as well. Fassel is decent but deep down I dont think Redskin nation is happy with this possible retread. I happen to think Wade was a decent hire based on our defensive needs but I am sure what I am saying to you can be said about the boys too and it wouldnt be off base. If I am a Skins fan I would rather see a guy like Spagnola or Singletary. As a Boys fan I welcome the Skins hire of Fassel. Fassel and Wade are average Coaches. Reid is above average but seems to mad bad decisions in big spots. Coughlin seems to be coming into his own this year with the Giants and the discipline he brings is what they needed. NFC east still looks strong and competitive

Edited by whomper

Im sure Fox had more to do with it then Jim. Im pretty sure Billick had to releive him of play calling duties a few years back as well. Fassel is decent but deep down I dont think Redskin nation is happy with this possible retread. I happen to think Wade was a decent hire based on our defensive needs but I am sure what I am saying to you can be said about the boys too and it wouldnt be off base. If I am a Skins fan I would rather see a guy like Spagnola or Singletary. As a Boys fan I welcome the Skins hire of Fassel. Fassel and Wade are average Coaches. Reid is above average but seems to mad bad decisions in big spots. Coughlin seems to be coming into his own this year with the Giants and the discipline he brings is what they needed. NFC east still looks strong and competitive

The same Fox that gets 'drug' every season by the Cowboys and can't get above .500?

I think either Fassel or Williams would be a good fit. We need more explosiveness on offense, hence the focus on Fassel. Plus Fassel is excellent at developing young QBs. We need a guy to help bring Campbell along...