[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tressel on the Hot Seat?

Rockerbraves

Buckeyes very own Chris Spielman came on the show and said he couldn't sleep last night. My bet is that many LSU fans couldn't either. He also responded to some emails that are calling for the Bucks defensive coordinators head. Spielman defended that coach by saying it all starts with the head coach. He thinks Tressel will have to first judge himself before passing blame to any of his assistants.

Anyway can't wait to hear his radio show this afternoon. Spielman sounds like he's fired up today so it sShould be interesting to hear if Mr. Spielman will make excuses or give proper credit to LSU.

Talk about funny. Just heard what I think was a commentary by a Ohio State radio show preaching about how college football deserves a playoff. Went on to say the excuse of not enough time is not valid. Suggested dropping conference championship games to make time. :D

You would think every Big 10er should know by now that the only thing stopping a playoff is the Big Ten. :D

I wasnt even going to honor this post with a comment, but this is funny.

After this bowl season, I don't think it's too much to ask to have a rule against anyone starting a thread and then "answering" themselves before anyone else makes a post. Sometimes you might find yourself making consecutive posts in a thread because you answer somebody and then notice another post you want to reply to. However, the one man circle jerk needs to go.

Hmmm..."No" Tress is no where near the hot seat !!!!!!! The man has beaten Michigan 6 out of 7 years.

OSU has been to 3 National Championship games winning one in 2002 and won 2 BCS games.

If we can stand 2-10-1 I think we can deal with Tress being 0-3 against SEC.

Tress is as safe as it gets.

I don't believe any group of FANS that don't want a playoff. Big Ten isn't opposed to a playoff, they seem to be opposed to losing the Rose Bowl. They have a good thing going with it. As does the Pac 10. ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY! Get it through your heads. I don't think its any different or more greedy than, the ACC raiding the Big East SIMPLY to get enough teams to have the very PROFITABLE conference championship game.

Hmmm..."No" Tress is no where near the hot seat !!!!!!! The man has beaten Michigan 6 out of 7 years.

OSU has been to 3 National Championship games winning one in 2002 and won 2 BCS games.

If we can stand 2-10-1 I think we can deal with Tress being 0-3 against SEC.

Tress is as safe as it gets.

I have to agree 100%. Tressel has done a great job at OSU and the Bucks are in the NC picture each and every year it seems. If your a Buckeye fan and you want Tressel fired because of losing back to back NC games, your fandom has to really be questioned. It's hard to make it to that last game and OSU always seems to be right in the thick of things. Plus they have the big win in '02 over my beloved Miami Hurricanes. His W/L vs. Mich. (which in the Big10 is almost as important) is impressive to go along with the overall direction of the program.

As an outsider I applaud Tressel and the outstanding job he has done at OSU. There are plenty of big time programs that could only dream of the success he has had over the past few years. Get rid of him? Are you serious?

I don't believe any group of FANS that don't want a playoff. Big Ten isn't opposed to a playoff, they seem to be opposed to losing the Rose Bowl. They have a good thing going with it. As does the Pac 10. ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY! Get it through your heads. I don't think its any different or more greedy than, the ACC raiding the Big East SIMPLY to get enough teams to have the very PROFITABLE conference championship game.

Essentially no issue with your points here but would like to point out that I highly doubt the ACC championship has turned out remotely as profitable as they hoped.

The Big 10 and the Pac 10 are fighting the playoff beacuse of money. What does this have to do with what the fans want? And what does it have to do with your idiotic claim that Tressel is on the hot seat because Spielman was pissed? And loosing a bowl game to LSU and the other coach being fired are purely coincidental. I am quite sure there were other issues at hand in each and every instance. Your view of your own self importance is immature and concerning.

Essentially no issue with your points here but would like to point out that I highly doubt the ACC championship has turned out remotely as profitable as they hoped.

That may or may not be true, I don't know, but make no mistake about it, they didn't raid the Big East to make their conference "more competitive on the field" they raided it because it IS profitable for the SEC and Big 12.

If somebody had told me going into the season, or even 4 games into the season, that Ohio State would be going to the NC game, I would've asked them to get their medication. I love Spiels, but no, Tress is not getting fired because the former Columbus destroyers' losing head coach is all fired up. There should be introspection, even change; but not wholesale upheaval. Some fine-tuning and tweaks are required. Brighter, younger guys in the assistant ranks perhaps. Ohio ties and loyalty should not be the biggest drivers for these decisions.

It's easy, simplistic and intellectually dishonest to simpy allocate these losses 2 to the 'SEC is better' theory. Real-life issues are much more complex than that. And the men with the jobs to analyze with what went wrong will get it done I believe.

Another dumbf@cker post i presume :D

OSU was picked to finish 3rd or 4th in the Big 10 this season, we lost our entire offense and many defensive starters. I was hoping no more then 3 losses, but to only lose one game and then a home game to LSU in the title was a very solid season. This was an admitted rebuilding year for all OSU fans , 2008 was to be our resurgence , so I'm very happy about 3 of the last 6 BCS games having the Bucks invited. In 2008 and 2009 , I think our chances of repeating almost triples with the talent we have. Remember we only started 2 seniors this season.

Tressel on the hot seat ? What a dumbf@k post :D

F@cker you should be more worried about the state of affairs under Miles then the Bucks under Tressel. At least we know Tress knows how to recruit and isn't playing with house money, like your Saban boys.

Edited by theeohiostate

If somebody had told me going into the season, or even 4 games into the season, that Ohio State would be going to the NC game, I would've asked them to get their medication. I love Spiels, but no, Tress is not getting fired because the former Columbus destroyers' losing head coach is all fired up. There should be introspection, even change; but not wholesale upheaval. Some fine-tuning and tweaks are required. Brighter, younger guys in the assistant ranks perhaps. Ohio ties and loyalty should not be the biggest drivers for these decisions.

It's easy, simplistic and intellectually dishonest to simpy allocate these losses 2 to the 'SEC is better' theory. Real-life issues are much more complex than that. And the men with the jobs to analyze with what went wrong will get it done I believe.

Pretty sure most of the buckeye faithful need a week or two to settle down before they are thinking rationally again. My guess is that's why we haven't seen TOS posting lately. :D

Here's a typically reaction of a ticked off OSU fan that was posted on another forum today.

He clearly to took JT to the woodshed...homerism aside, Les imo has surpassed the vest in coaching...Down 10-zip and on the ropes again he stayed w/ his game plan and proved himself by calling an excellent plan unlike his counterpart...talentwise it was a wash but as for coaching Les proved the coaches on this squad are > than what tOSU has...After LSU started to make their run JT wilted on the sidelines...He knew it was over...

Pretty sure most of the buckeye faithful need a week or two to settle down before they are thinking rationally again. My guess is that's why we haven't seen TOS posting lately. :D

Here's a typically reaction of a ticked off OSU fan that was posted on another forum today.

He clearly to took JT to the woodshed...homerism aside, Les imo has surpassed the vest in coaching...Down 10-zip and on the ropes again he stayed w/ his game plan and proved himself by calling an excellent plan unlike his counterpart...talentwise it was a wash but as for coaching Les proved the coaches on this squad are > than what tOSU has...After LSU started to make their run JT wilted on the sidelines...He knew it was over...

As much as I dislike 90% of what you spew there is some validity to what you say. Not that Miles outcoached Tress, but that LSU as a whole outcoached OSU. I think the playcalling was atrocious (sp?) for the Bucks, especailly in the second half. I can think of several times that I got angry but to be more specific, in the second half when OSU knew it was in 4 down territory they dropped Boekman back to pass on 3rd and 3 and 3rd and 4. What in the hell is that? You have the best RB in the country not getting any carries and you know you have 2 downs and your QB is playing poorly like he has in the last 2 games he played. When he had the chance to take the ball out of Boekmans hands and give it to Beanie he did not.

Other than that I guess I would just like to know how many weeks it will take you to start thinking rationally?

:D

This topic is comical and :wacko: at best. Tress has his job for years to come just on his Michigan record alone.

Spiels was a great football player and the biggest OSU homer ever and pretty much one of the "dumbest' guys I have ever heard on the radio.

I love #36 and he's one of the main reason's I fell in love with OSU that "86"game against #1 Iowa was unbelievable, BUT he's just not one of the sharpest tools in the shed. I never heard the broadcast he spewed and it's not making any noise here in CBUS.

You would have to be a complete a$$ to be calling for Tress to be fired and in your own little world because NO ONE in his right mind would want him to be removed. Is there disppointed fans??? Yep, I'm sure there is ,BUT I for one remember the days before Tress and with Gee as president and Smith AD and of course Tress has the complete backing of Archie....Well let's just say it would take something a lot worse than BACK to BACK National CHAMPIONSHIP LOSSES to get Tress fired. When was the last opportunity to win a National Championship prior to Tress????? How many Big ten Titles did OSU have in the Cooper era????? How many BCS games does Tress have???? Tress has pulled a rope around OHIO which like it or not is a huge recruiting hot bed and his reach outside OHIO has only gotten better and better. The direction is very bright for OSU to return to the National Championship again in the next 4 years or less and I'm a pretty happy Buckeye fan myself.

Edited by sacosud

:D

This topic is comical and :D at best. Tress has his job for years to come just on his Michigan record alone.

Spiels was a great football player and the biggest OSU homer ever and pretty much one of the "dumbest' guys I have ever heard on the radio.

I love #36 and he's one of the main reason's I fell in love with OSU that "86"game against #1 Iowa was unbelievable, BUT he's just not one of the sharpest tools in the shed. I never heard the broadcast he spewed and it's not making any noise here in CBUS.

You would have to be a complete a$$ to be calling for Tress to be fired and in your own little world because NO ONE in his right mind would want him to be removed. Is there disppointed fans??? Yep, I'm sure there is ,BUT I for one remember the days before Tress and with Gee as president and Smith AD and of course Tress has the complete backing of Archie....Well let's just say it would take something a lot worse than BACK to BACK National CHAMPIONSHIP LOSSES to get Tress fired. When was the last opportunity to win a National Championship prior to Tress????? How many Big ten Titles did OSU have in the Cooper era????? How many BCS games does Tress have???? Tress has pulled a rope around OHIO which like it or not is a huge recruiting hot bed and his reach outside OHIO has only gotten better and better. The direction is very bright for OSU to return to the National Championship again in the next 4 years or less and I'm a pretty happy Buckeye fan myself.

That was 85' and unfortunately I remember it too :wacko:

As much as I dislike 90% of what you spew there is some validity to what you say. Not that Miles outcoached Tress, but that LSU as a whole outcoached OSU. I think the playcalling was atrocious (sp?) for the Bucks, especailly in the second half. I can think of several times that I got angry but to be more specific, in the second half when OSU knew it was in 4 down territory they dropped Boekman back to pass on 3rd and 3 and 3rd and 4. What in the hell is that? You have the best RB in the country not getting any carries and you know you have 2 downs and your QB is playing poorly like he has in the last 2 games he played. When he had the chance to take the ball out of Boekmans hands and give it to Beanie he did not.

IMO one of the biggest difference between Coach Miles and Coach Tressel offensive game plans were the number of players involved. While the Bucks pretty much either handed it off to Beanie or had Boeckman throw to essentially two receivers, LSU utitlized 4 running backs & 5 different receivers. Not sure if that is a reflection of LSU talent edge on offens or simply better coaching? :D

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING--LSU, Hester 21-86, Murphy 2-33, K.Williams 2-20, Holliday 3-13, Flynn 12-8, Doucet 2-7, Scott 2-6, Perrilloux 1-4, team 4-(minus 25). Ohio State, C.Wells 20-146, Hartline 1-6, Boeckman 9-(minus 7).

PASSING--LSU, Flynn 19-27-1-174. Ohio State, Boeckman 15-26-2-208.

RECEIVING--LSU, Doucet 7-51, Dickson 4-44, Byrd 2-28, LaFell 2-15, Zinger 1-18, Scott 1-16, Q.Johnson 1-3, K.Williams 1-(minus 1). Ohio State, Hartline 6-75, Robiskie 5-50, Saine 3-69, Small 1-14.

IMO one of the biggest difference between Coach Miles and Coach Tressel offensive game plans were the number of players involved. While the Bucks pretty much either handed it off to Beanie or had Boeckman throw to essentially two receivers, LSU utitlized 4 running backs & 5 different receivers. Not sure if that is a reflection of LSU talent edge on offens or simply better coaching? :D

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING--LSU, Hester 21-86, Murphy 2-33, K.Williams 2-20, Holliday 3-13, Flynn 12-8, Doucet 2-7, Scott 2-6, Perrilloux 1-4, team 4-(minus 25). Ohio State, C.Wells 20-146, Hartline 1-6, Boeckman 9-(minus 7).

RECEIVING--LSU, Doucet 7-51, Dickson 4-44, Byrd 2-28, LaFell 2-15, Zinger 1-18, Scott 1-16, Q.Johnson 1-3, K.Williams 1-(minus 1). Ohio State, Hartline 6-75, Robiskie 5-50, Saine 3-69, Small 1-14.

If your saying Flynn played a better game than Boekman you are right. If you are saying the 5 guys that got carries add up to Beanie you are insane.

If your saying Flynn played a better game than Boekman you are right. If you are saying the 5 guys that got carries add up to Beanie you are insane.

You are totally missing the point. The difference is that the buckeyes defense couldn't key on any one player while LSU could. Did you even watch the game? Why do you think the bucks threw on 4th and goal? Tressel isn't that stupid. :D

Give me a break. Beanie is a good college RB but he's not any better than LSU's running backs. Each of our RB's bring on a different talent and thus a completely different challege to our opponent's defense.

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

How come the guy with 3 catches for 69 yards doesn't count for OSU, but the guy with 2 catches for 28 yards, the guy with 2 catches for 15 yards, and one of the 4 guys with just 1 catch count for LSU?

Serious question. When you say 5 receivers for LSU, which 5? LSU's 3rd reciever has less yards and fewer catches than Saine? And Zinger (1-18) and Scott (1-16) both had essentially the same production as Small (1-14).