[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tressel on the Hot Seat?

Rockerbraves

You are totally missing the point. The difference is that the buckeyes defense couldn't key on any one player while LSU could. Did you even watch the game? Why do you think the bucks threw on 4th and goal? Tressel isn't that stupid. :D

Give me a break. Beanie is a good college RB but he's not any better than LSU's running backs. Each of our RB's bring on a different talent and thus a completely different challege to our opponent's defense.

What about what I said doenst make sense to you? Why do you feel I didnt watch the game? How well did this awesome offense move the ball in the second half? How much did they outgain OSU by? How many scoring drives did they have with the help of more than one 15 yard penalty? I am not making excuses for the Bucks. Nor am I a saying LSU didnt deserve to win. But to say Beanie isnt better than any of LSU's runningbacks is just about as stupid as everything else you post. Beanie had 20 carries for 145 yards. The entire LSU team had 49 carries for 152 yards.

And the reason Tressel threw the ball on 4th and goal is because they were on the 5 yard line.

How come the guy with 3 catches for 69 yards doesn't count for OSU, but the guy with 2 catches for 28 yards, the guy with 2 catches for 15 yards, and one of the 4 guys with just 1 catch count for LSU?

Serious question. When you say 5 receivers for LSU, which 5? LSU's 3rd reciever has less yards and fewer catches than Saine? And Zinger (1-18) and Scott (1-16) both had essentially the same production as Small (1-14).

Listed receivers only not RB's. Isn't the guy who caught 3 listed on the roster as a RB? That's why I didn't list the LSU RB's either that caught passes nor Hartline or the LSU QB's in the rushing. Fair enough? Look I'm in no way trying to hide around stats. Just making a point that LSU offense is pretty tough to defend with all those weapons.

I've already heard many so called experts predicting that LSU will have one if not the best offense in the nation next year. Believe me when I tell you that there are more than a few Tiger fans who wanted to see Keiland Williams get more touches this season. He was still banged up some from the Tennessee game and I;'m guessing that's why he didn't get more touches.

What about what I said doenst make sense to you? Why do you feel I didnt watch the game? How well did this awesome offense move the ball in the second half? How much did they outgain OSU by? How many scoring drives did they have with the help of more than one 15 yard penalty? I am not making excuses for the Bucks. Nor am I a saying LSU didnt deserve to win. But to say Beanie isnt better than any of LSU's runningbacks is just about as stupid as everything else you post. Beanie had 20 carries for 145 yards. The entire LSU team had 49 carries for 152 yards.

And the reason Tressel threw the ball on 4th and goal is because they were on the 5 yard line.

First off if you are given a short field you can't get more yards after a TD. Again if you watched the game it certainly didn't look like OSU defense could have stopped LSU on any of those short drives.

Now to you thinking Beanie is so far superior to LSU's RB's. Hester is a full back playing halfback. NO SPEED. He gained 86 yds on 21 carries. Not shabby. Now glance over to the other faster RB's and check out their yds per carry. Hester is in the game for a few reasons. He doesn't fumble, gains positive yards almost every carry, he's a team leader, hard hitter, and can block. Hopefully we will both see just how good these other LSU backs are next year when they get the bulk of the carries. This is one reason why Joe McKnight didn't come to LSU. They are loaded with talent at the RB position.

Now to throwing on 4th down. We might need to go back and see what happen on those plays prior to that 4th down. If I'm not mistaken Beanie was dumped for about a 2 or 3 yard loss on one of those plays?

OSU defense couldn't stop LSU on any of those scoring drives :D

Dude, seriously didn't watch the game. The defense played very good, and if not for 5 15 yard PF's 4 of those scores wouldn't have every of happened.

You saying that the defense didn't stop LSU on the opening drive of the 2nd half, when LSU was punting and we got called on a PF instead of running into the kicker, thus giving LSU another 15 yards and having them score. I guess the OSU defense didn't stop them at all, but the PF calls most certainly didn't help. Let's be very clear and honest about the facts here. Without the 75 yards of penaltiles the OSU was flagged for, this game would have ended up differently

So we are to assume those penalties didn't happen and since they did it is the only way LSU would have scored? That's quite an assumption. In fact it's wacko wacko, wacko.

Granted you were at the game so perhaps you didn't have a good view so you couldn't see how open the LSU receivers were all night. Many times the buckeye defense wasn't even in the camera frame. :D

I'll have to look and see but I don't think LSU needed many 3rd & goals to score TD's while your bucks needed 4 downs inside the 10 to get one of their TD's. LSU totally dominated the game after the score was 10-0.

Can I assume you left the dome before the ending of the game? If so, you might want to go back and watch the replay of the last 5 minutes. LSU had their 2nd team in there. Dorsey and company were taking tape off when your bucks scored that meaningless TD at the end of the game. Geez the final score should have been 38-17. :wacko:

Sorry but I just saw that wrote that the Ohio player ran into the kicker. Now that's funny. :D

I know it might pain you to watch it, but you might want to look at the thread that was posted on this forum titled LSU Motivational DVD. Pretty good pic of Ohio player drawing a personal foul on that punt. I knew you wouldn't let me down without coming up with lame excuses. :D

Edited by Rockerbraves

First off if you are given a short field you can't get more yards after a TD. Again if you watched the game it certainly didn't look like OSU defense could have stopped LSU on any of those short drives.

Now to you thinking Beanie is so far superior to LSU's RB's. Hester is a full back playing halfback. NO SPEED. He gained 86 yds on 21 carries. Not shabby. Now glance over to the other faster RB's and check out their yds per carry. Hester is in the game for a few reasons. He doesn't fumble, gains positive yards almost every carry, he's a team leader, hard hitter, and can block. Hopefully we will both see just how good these other LSU backs are next year when they get the bulk of the carries. This is one reason why Joe McKnight didn't come to LSU. They are loaded with talent at the RB position.

Now to throwing on 4th down. We might need to go back and see what happen on those plays prior to that 4th down. If I'm not mistaken Beanie was dumped for about a 2 or 3 yard loss on one of those plays?

I hate getting into online pissing matches and I hate resorting to name calling. But you are either so into pushing buttons you type nonsense or you are completely football illiterat. All LSU did was convert 3rd down conversions. That was a major difference in the game outside the penalties. LSU was 11-18 on 3rd down, OSU was 3-13. I am done trying to argue RB's with you. I like the way Hester plays. He is a throwback. I dont think he is listed as a FB, especially since 90% of the time he lines up as the sole setback or behind another FB. But I dont see why that matters to you anyway.

So the personal fouls didn't help LSU at all? I'm confused. It just showed me that it was another aspect of the game in which LSU was better at than Ohio State, the mental aspect. I don't know why an LSU fan would get so defensive if it was brought up.

Rocker, I get it, you REALLY want this game to be looked at as just as big of a whooping as Florida gave Ohio State last year in Glendale. It just isn't Be happy your team won. It's a great accomplishment, I wish and hope I will be alive to see Iowa do it someday. This year has given me hope, when schools like Kansas and Missouri can get a hair away from playing in the big game, it gives me hope that maybe some day I will be fortunate enough to see my Hawkeyes get there. These accomplishments don't come that frequently. Even for teams like USC, who have been recently dominant, but that is a small sample of the history of college football. So why not just enjoy it?

I hate getting into online pissing matches and I hate resorting to name calling. But you are either so into pushing buttons you type nonsense or you are completely football illiterat. All LSU did was convert 3rd down conversions. That was a major difference in the game outside the penalties. LSU was 11-18 on 3rd down, OSU was 3-13. I am done trying to argue RB's with you. I like the way Hester plays. He is a throwback. I dont think he is listed as a FB, especially since 90% of the time he lines up as the sole setback or behind another FB. But I dont see why that matters to you anyway.

It's a discussion my friend. That's what forums are for.

Not sure if you are referring to the 3rd down conversions as being a big part of the game based off what I responded to TOS. Tried to correct it if that is what you were talking about. My point was that it wasn't like LSU struggled to score. Pretty sure they scored 3 of their 5 TD's on 1st or 2nd down while it took the buckeyes 4 downs to punch in their only meaningful TD other than the 65 yd Beanie TD. .

So the personal fouls didn't help LSU at all? I'm confused. It just showed me that it was another aspect of the game in which LSU was better at than Ohio State, the mental aspect. I don't know why an LSU fan would get so defensive if it was brought up.

Why is it that whenever we discuss one of my teams greatest wins do you and others think it's either rubbing it in or being defensive? Brian when and if it ever happens to Iowa my guess is that you would enjoy discussing it as well. Especially if you had the pleasure of catching smack talk all season. :D

It's a discussion my friend. That's what forums are for.

Not sure if you are referring to the 3rd down conversions as being a big part of the game based off what I responded to TOS. Tried to correct it if that is what you were talking about. My point was that it wasn't like LSU struggled to score. Pretty sure they scored 3 of their 5 TD's on 1st or 2nd down while it took the buckeyes 4 downs to punch in their only meaningful TD other than the 65 yd Beanie TD. .

so?

Why is it that whenever we discuss one of my teams greatest wins do you and others think it's either rubbing it in or being defensive? Brian when and if it ever happens to Iowa my guess is that you would enjoy discussing it as well. Especially if you had the pleasure of catching smack talk all season. :D

The problem with you Rocker is you cant just enjoy the win and discuss it. You have to post ad nauseum. Half of the stuff you post is complete rubbish and the other half has validity to it. But after reading so much rubbish most people dont concentrate on the valid points. If you were to tone it down a notch or two people might be happy for your win and your Tigers. Instead, and I feel pretty comfertable saying this, I would guess that many people on this board root against the Tigers so they dont have to read your relentless gloating and BS.

The problem with you Rocker is you cant just enjoy the win and discuss it. You have to post ad nauseum. Half of the stuff you post is complete rubbish and the other half has validity to it. But after reading so much rubbish most people dont concentrate on the valid points. If you were to tone it down a notch or two people might be happy for your win and your Tigers. Instead, and I feel pretty comfertable saying this, I would guess that many people on this board root against the Tigers so they dont have to read your relentless gloating and BS.

Been saying this for awhile now. I only write what I sincerely feel to be true. In most cases I back it up with facts. I'm far from the kind of posters on this forum who simply spout off their opinion or call people names. As an example I started this thread because I found it interesting what I was hearing buckeye fans say about Tressel. In one of your early post here you thought I was making it up or I guess gloating as you put it. Sorry, if you think any of my post are rubbish or gloating just because they don't always put a positive spin on your favorite team.

Edited by Rockerbraves

But most Buckeye fans aren't calling for Tressells head, so it's hard to label it as fact. Rocker, I know for one thing, if Iowa is ever fortunate enough to win it all, I won't be gloating about it as much as you are here. I would much rather celebrate a Hawk Championship by going out for a beer with the only person I know that's a bigger Hawk fan with me, my father. I assure you, I won't be on a message board relentlessly telling everyone that my team won a national title. I'm not going to say that I won't make a couple posts, but dude, you're making a new topic about it and posting anything you see in the news.

But most Buckeye fans aren't calling for Tressells head, so it's hard to label it as fact. Rocker, I know for one thing, if Iowa is ever fortunate enough to win it all, I won't be gloating about it as much as you are here. I would much rather celebrate a Hawk Championship by going out for a beer with the only person I know that's a bigger Hawk fan with me, my father. I assure you, I won't be on a message board relentlessly telling everyone that my team won a national title. I'm not going to say that I won't make a couple posts, but dude, you're making a new topic about it and posting anything you see in the news.

Yeah, it's great to be #1. :D

Been saying this for awhile now. I only write what I sincerely feel to be true. In most cases I back it up with facts. I'm far from the kind of posters on this forum who simply spout off their opinion or call people names. As an example I started this thread because I found it interesting what I was hearing buckeye fans say about Tressel. In one of your early post here you thought I was making it up or I guess gloating as you put it. Sorry, if you think any of my post are rubbish or gloating just because they don't always put a positive spin on your favorite team.

where are all these facts you speak of?

Dude is on the verge of taking the Ugly Tuna spotlight and by far will win this years Most Annoying Post and Newbie Tool of the Year...............hands down.

My favorite feature this season has been the ignore feature and for the masses that think dudes a tool, I'd suggest using it as well. :D

But most Buckeye fans aren't calling for Tressells head, so it's hard to label it as fact.

Please show me where I claimed that MOST fans are calling for Tressel's head?

Here's a comment from a buckeye planet forum that supports the starting of this thread.

"From what I've heard, the local media is hammering Tressel very, very hard. I'm kind of confused. Do they really blame the loss on Jim? Or, do they just want ratings? It's amazing. Cowherd actually stood up for Tressel on Tuesday morning, defending the coach, stating that he did the best he could with the talent he had to use. National media is standing by Tressel, while local media isn't?"

And here's an article written by an Cleveland Ohio sportswriter titled "Loss to LSU opens critics' hunting season on Tressel, according to Bill Livingston

Wednesday, January 09, 2008Bill Livingston - Plain Dealer Columnist

New Orleans - From The Sweater Vest to The Flunked Test.

Critics today are saying that Jim Tressel is one controversial pass interference call from being John Cooper. A penalty flag was the 15-inch-square patch of polyester that became Ohio State's magic carpet in the 2003 Fiesta Bowl.

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindeale....xml&coll=2

Please show me where I claimed that MOST fans are calling for Tressel's head?

Here's a comment from a buckeye planet forum that supports the starting of this thread.

"From what I've heard, the local media is hammering Tressel very, very hard. I'm kind of confused. Do they really blame the loss on Jim? Or, do they just want ratings? It's amazing. Cowherd actually stood up for Tressel on Tuesday morning, defending the coach, stating that he did the best he could with the talent he had to use. National media is standing by Tressel, while local media isn't?"

And here's an article written by an Cleveland Ohio sportswriter titled "Loss to LSU opens critics' hunting season on Tressel, according to Bill Livingston

Wednesday, January 09, 2008Bill Livingston - Plain Dealer Columnist

New Orleans - From The Sweater Vest to The Flunked Test.

Critics today are saying that Jim Tressel is one controversial pass interference call from being John Cooper. A penalty flag was the 15-inch-square patch of polyester that became Ohio State's magic carpet in the 2003 Fiesta Bowl.

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindeale....xml&coll=2

I live in CBUS and there is NO local up cry for Tress to be removed and I have not heard a word from co-workers or friends that have even begun rumors/talking like that. Cleveland is not local in my book, but that's just me.

Edited by sacosud

Camel are you sure you can handle them? Whenever I present facts you seem to accuse me of rubbing it in or gloating? :D

First of all I dont ever recall accusing you of gloating or rubbing it in. I have said you have an overblown sense of self importance.

Second of all, becuase some media outlets and few fans are hard on Tressel does not mean he is on the hot seat. You made a gigantic jump and have shown your ignorance by doing so. Its no big deal to me, just par for the corse with you.

Still waiting for all these facts you talk about. The article you pasted a few posts down actually defends Tressel. Did you even read it?

:D

This topic is comical and :D at best. Tress has his job for years to come just on his Michigan record alone.

Spiels was a great football player and the biggest OSU homer ever and pretty much one of the "dumbest' guys I have ever heard on the radio.

I love #36 and he's one of the main reason's I fell in love with OSU that "86"game against #1 Iowa was unbelievable, BUT he's just not one of the sharpest tools in the shed. I never heard the broadcast he spewed and it's not making any noise here in CBUS.

You would have to be a complete a$$ to be calling for Tress to be fired and in your own little world because NO ONE in his right mind would want him to be removed. Is there disppointed fans??? Yep, I'm sure there is ,BUT I for one remember the days before Tress and with Gee as president and Smith AD and of course Tress has the complete backing of Archie....Well let's just say it would take something a lot worse than BACK to BACK National CHAMPIONSHIP LOSSES to get Tress fired. When was the last opportunity to win a National Championship prior to Tress????? How many Big ten Titles did OSU have in the Cooper era????? How many BCS games does Tress have???? Tress has pulled a rope around OHIO which like it or not is a huge recruiting hot bed and his reach outside OHIO has only gotten better and better. The direction is very bright for OSU to return to the National Championship again in the next 4 years or less and I'm a pretty happy Buckeye fan myself.

Is Tressel's rope around the state of Ohio that tight? Not sure I agree. Is 6 of the top 20 great? Heck, Michigan has 4 of Ohio's top 20 recruits.