[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts v. Boltz thread

McBoog

Since I started it, I’ll go first.

Any regular season success the Boltz have had in the Dome is out the window. This is the playoffs. The noise and “ambiance” will be different from anything they have experienced there. The one thing that helps them is the fact they play in Arrowhead every year, and that place is as loud and insane as any (go go back and see the playoff caveot).

If I was to bet ANY $$$ on this game it will be one thing. Gates will not play. This hurts and I will not sugar coat it.

I do offer up some names for thought provoking conjecture:

(Pro Bowl WR) Chris Chambers: Taking many of Rivers’ first looks (which I think has been hurting Gates numbers). He wasn’t on the team in the first game. Haven’t seen any of the “drops” we were warned about either!

VJax WR: Is the same WR he was at the end of last year with a legitimate WR on the other side (see above, oh… and the last game).

Buster Davis: Has really come on in the slot spot when giving Gates a breather. Speed and hands to exploit the seams in the cover two. Not hurt like he was in the first game and is earning Rivers “looks” in the read progressions. Could have a nice game.

Legedu Naanee WR-TE: A “tweener”, like Gates though not as big. Very athletic and can do some things that Gatesy cannot. He actually ran the Titans O as Vince Young in prep for the playoff game. I see Norv getting creative with this kid, though he is a rook. LBs will not run with this kid, can he handle the playoff pressure? I’m not sure.

Brandon Manumaleuna TE: Colt fans don’t need to be reminded of him. Two TDs in the last game in the dome. He’ll be “forgotten” in this game and I see 4-6 catches for 6-12 yards each… at VERY important times.

This group will get theirs, especially with Sweeny gone (with him in the game, I am not as comfortable, but then, who would be??? :D )

LT and Micheal Turner: The Colts have to take one group away, these two or the names above. The Boltz are finally a “pick your poison” team. I don’t think the Colts have the size up front to do what the Titans did to the Charger run game. They are faster and in better shape though and will not run out of gas the way the Titans did in both games.

The Chargers D: You can’t deny, this group gives Manning fits. Matchups? Whatever! Manning IS NOT THROWING SIX picks in this game. He will get knocked around more than he like though.

The Chargers only advantage is the same as last time. Special Teams.

Gonna be a heckuva game and I can’t wait! The other thing I like is that these teams seem to play the game and respect each other and this rolls over to the fan base as well. Just plain old football!

I think the Colts should be the favorites and will probably win. But that is NOT something I would put $$$ on!

Good luck and enjoy the ride!

No Gates is a drag.

I agree that Chambers looks better than the Miami faithful remember him. Maybe he had a case of the "Oakland Moss"?

Is Harrison playing yet?

Should be a quality game. I wonder if Rivers can keep it together on this stage?

My strategy of propping up the Colts' opponents here worked wonders last season. So here I go again...

The Chargers' 3-4 defense gives Peyton fits at times and their offense has a history of coming out flat after limited play in Week 17 and a first-round bye. Scoring points will probably not be easy. And while the Chargers offense isn't what it was last season, they're still a threat to do damage against a banged-up Colts D. I think that Indy pulls off the win, but it won't be easy.

Wow, just either back your team or don't. Honestly I figured it was gonna be a blah blah blah Chargers win by 1. You don't state a score prediction or anything, you say what will probably happen, but don't bet money on it. I'm not busting your balls, but if you think the Chargers will win say so, if not say so. Who cares if we all say your nuts and IND will win, so long as you know what your talking about with your homer team then that's what matters, any player or team doesn't execute always and will let themselves and the fans down.

Now, I say the game is actually pretty close because I think the Bolts can get pressure on Manning, which a lot of teams fail to do. The Bolts should be good for at least creating one turnover in this game, but it won't be enough, they have too many weapons. The Chargers have not been running the ball like they did last season and I'm just not really sure why......but that was what they did best and now they are trying to become more of a ball controlling offense that doesn't make mistakes.....waiting for LT to bust a long one.

Colts win 24-13

Who cares if we all say your nuts and IND will win, so long as you know what your talking about with your homer team then that's what matters, any player or team doesn't execute always and will let themselves and the fans down.

Hmm, I wonder what player on these two teams tends to choke?

Edited by WaterMan

....and that would be based on??? :D

Follow along there big guy...he was clearly trying to bait someone into saying a All-pro, so I threw this guy out there. He came through last weekend, but he hasn't exaclty thrown the team on his back and won many games for the franchise. Gunther Cunningham sure has his number I know that to be true.

25/43 266 2 TD 1 INT

8/23 97 0 TD 2 INT

21/42 211 0 TD 2 INT

10/21 157 1 TD 1 INT

:D

Wow, just either back your team or don't. Honestly I figured it was gonna be a blah blah blah Chargers win by 1. You don't state a score prediction or anything, you say what will probably happen, but don't bet money on it. I'm not busting your balls, but if you think the Chargers will win say so, if not say so. Who cares if we all say your nuts and IND will win, so long as you know what your talking about with your homer team then that's what matters, any player or team doesn't execute always and will let themselves and the fans down.

Now, I say the game is actually pretty close because I think the Bolts can get pressure on Manning, which a lot of teams fail to do. The Bolts should be good for at least creating one turnover in this game, but it won't be enough, they have too many weapons. The Chargers have not been running the ball like they did last season and I'm just not really sure why......but that was what they did best and now they are trying to become more of a ball controlling offense that doesn't make mistakes.....waiting for LT to bust a long one.

Colts win 24-13

Sorry Brah! I already did it in another thread (that is why I started this one). Just thought this thread would "centralize" the discussions.

I think Colts 27-24. I do think that the Chargers have a legitimate shot a winning this game, they just match up well (sort of like the Texans and the Jags for a while there :wacko: ) Just certain personnel groups match well against others even though in theory, one team should be "superior".

I think the Colts have benefited from the PATS season and people have forgotten that they are the defending champs and an awsome football team and great coaching staff (which I failed to mention above as an advantage for the Colts).

Could be a last team that has the ball wins the game scenario. If the Boltz win it will be a close nail biter, the only team that runs away with this game, if that happens is the Colts in the Dome, in the playoffs. The only teams the Chargers have routed this year pretty much are NOT like the Colts, and the Colts finiished top 5 in both O and D. :D It would be one of the sweetest wins in SD history if it happens though :D

Rivers :D

Just a FYI

In the seven games beginning with Baltimore, Rivers has thrown 11 touchdown passes and been intercepted four times. His passer rating (92.9) is more than 16 points higher than it had been to that point. Looking at the whole season is not as important in a season as looking at the last month or so. I am feeling pretty good about the O as a whole (finally) again. I am concerned that the O-line is not making the space for LT they did last year, BUT, he did win the NFL rushing title! :D

Just like with the 49ers last year, Smith got better as the year progressed.

Say what you will about Turner as a HC. But there is no doubt that the only real difference from this year to last in that offense is the OC. Turner leaves and the O goes down the sh!tter. This was why I stayed away from Gore and other 49ers in this year's FF draft.

All I'm saying is that RIvers did not suck last year and as he has worked with Norv has gotten better as this year has gone along. Heck, he put up 300+ on the Jags in JAX and almost pulled that game out too!

Sorry Brah! I already did it in another thread (that is why I started this one). Just thought this thread would "centralize" the discussions.

I think Colts 27-24. I do think that the Chargers have a legitimate shot a winning this game, they just match up well (sort of like the Texans and the Jags for a while there :wacko: ) Just certain personnel groups match well against others even though in theory, one team should be "superior".

I think the Colts have benefited from the PATS season and people have forgotten that they are the defending champs and an awsome football team and great coaching staff (which I failed to mention above as an advantage for the Colts).

Could be a last team that has the ball wins the game scenario. If the Boltz win it will be a close nail biter, the only team that runs away with this game, if that happens is the Colts in the Dome, in the playoffs. The only teams the Chargers have routed this year pretty much are NOT like the Colts, and the Colts finiished top 5 in both O and D. :D It would be one of the sweetest wins in SD history if it happens though :D

:D Much better.

Just a FYI

In the seven games beginning with Baltimore, Rivers has thrown 11 touchdown passes and been intercepted four times. His passer rating (92.9) is more than 16 points higher than it had been to that point. Looking at the whole season is not as important in a season as looking at the last month or so. I am feeling pretty good about the O as a whole (finally) again. I am concerned that the O-line is not making the space for LT they did last year, BUT, he did win the NFL rushing title! :D

Just like with the 49ers last year, Smith got better as the year progressed.

Say what you will about Turner as a HC. But there is no doubt that the only real difference from this year to last in that offense is the OC. Turner leaves and the O goes down the sh!tter. This was why I stayed away from Gore and other 49ers in this year's FF draft.

All I'm saying is that RIvers did not suck last year and as he has worked with Norv has gotten better as this year has gone along. Heck, he put up 300+ on the Jags in JAX and almost pulled that game out too!

GUYS.......Watertard was trying to bait someone into saying Manning was a choker, I simply said Rivers cause he's an idiot. Stop defending Rivers, we all know what he is, an average NFL QB who will not ever be great. He's not going to throw the franchise on his shoulders and win games, plain and simple. He's not a choker, I was simply.......ah nevermind. :D

Edited by Hat Trick

GUYS.......Watertard was trying to bait someone into saying Manning was a choker, I simply said Rivers cause he's an idiot. Stop defending Rivers, we all know what he is, an average NFL QB who will not ever be great. He's not going to throw the franchise on his shoulders and win games, plain and simple. He's not a choker, I was simply.......ah nevermind. :D

i'll take that. :D ...though i still think there's room for him to impress people and be more than an "average NFL QB". but that's my opinion.

i just feel the need to defend him because he takes so much heat and gets no credit for his contribution to any team accomplishment.

Bolts need a fast start in this game.Indy will not put up 6 in the first half like Tenn did.I am curious to see if the Colts go 8 in the box.If so I think the combo of Chambers and Jackson will be huge.I say Chargers 27-24 and they go on to face the Pack in the Superbowl.

I'm pretty sure Peyton has a Super Bowl ring and a Super Bowl MVP to boot. Moss and Vick have neither.

Yeah he does, but how many did he *choke* away? :D

Or better question: Will he end his career with more Super Bowl appearances or chokes?

GUYS.......Watertard was trying to bait someone into saying Manning was a choker, I simply said Rivers cause he's an idiot. Stop defending Rivers, we all know what he is, an average NFL QB who will not ever be great. He's not going to throw the franchise on his shoulders and win games, plain and simple.

The Huddle's collective IQ did not pick up you said Rivers as a joke.

He's not a choker, I was simply.......ah nevermind. :D

Yep, as I stated, we know who the choker is.

Yeah he does, but how many did he *choke* away? :D

Peyton has choked away zero Super Bowls. He's 1-for-1. He's also a first-ballot HOFer with three total MVPs, over 41,000 yds passing, and over 300 TDs at age 31. He might break every NFL passing record by the time he retires. And he might even win another ring or two.

No wonder you're so jealous. :D